"But I just KNOW!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: "But I just KNOW!"
Last count religious cults and denominations was round 1500, as made by the more conservative counters.
The divide and conquer (yourself) message never sunk in!Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 08:45 PM
"Well then I just know that you're wrong. There, now we're at an impasse. We can't both be right. One of us is right and the other is wrong. So, show me that you're right. If you can't show it, you don't fucking know it."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
07-11-2013, 08:48 PM
(07-11-2013 12:52 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I hear this from creationists all the time. This is usually the response I get when I ask them: "Why is it that your religion is right and all others are wrong? What proof do you have that it's your god and not the countless other gods from religions all over the world? Because what your were brought up to believe in could never be wrong, right? You do realize that there are people of other religions all over the world who are just as sure that they are right and you are wrong, don't you?"

They never have a valid answer for these questions.

Everyone has logic; attempt to appeal to it.

It's worked for me, I got an atheist friend to change his label to agnostic.
07-11-2013, 09:48 PM
(07-11-2013 08:48 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 12:52 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I hear this from creationists all the time. This is usually the response I get when I ask them: "Why is it that your religion is right and all others are wrong? What proof do you have that it's your god and not the countless other gods from religions all over the world? Because what your were brought up to believe in could never be wrong, right? You do realize that there are people of other religions all over the world who are just as sure that they are right and you are wrong, don't you?"

Everyone has logic; attempt to appeal to it.

It's worked for me, I got an atheist friend to change his label to agnostic.

We're all agnostic because not a single one of us knows if a god exists or not.

If your atheist friend lacks a belief in deities, he is an atheist.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Misanthropik's post
08-11-2013, 05:38 AM
(07-11-2013 03:35 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Four for four--excellent refutations, all. I am stopped in my tracks by the power and clarity of your logic and the winning, empirical evidence you've brought forth.

PleasyTheJebusTroll doesn't actually have "tracks" as such.
One follows PleasyTheJebusTroll by a study of it's postings/pamphlets, and applying this method : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scatology
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-11-2013, 11:23 AM
(07-11-2013 02:12 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

They "never" have a valid answer?

"I just know" that the Bible:

*has the record of a very loving, powerful speaker--Jesus

*fulfilled prophecy

*makes logical sense

*answered the questions I brought to it before my conversion

I would gently disagree that adherents of many of the other religions are as sure as fundamentalist Christians. I'd also say that with one god only, I'm expecting that one person/one route to heaven makes sense.

Thank you.
Precisely - they never have a valid answer - and yours here is no exception. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post