But Religion Gives Me Answers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: But Religion Gives Me Answers
"Oh no! Once again you have destroyed my scientific facts with your knowledge of the Bible" ...........said no-one EVER!

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
14-08-2016, 10:59 AM
But you see, if you say "I don't know how the Universe was created", that means you're a bad person, because you have no morality, or something.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
14-08-2016, 05:01 PM
The answers are simple. They're intuitive. A theist sees their answers as more satisfying because they make such sense to them.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
14-08-2016, 05:06 PM
(14-08-2016 10:59 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  But you see, if you say "I don't know how the Universe was created", that means you're a bad person, because you have no morality, or something.

and no faith in God you heathen!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
14-08-2016, 05:28 PM
2+2= ice cream

If you are satisfied with this answer and you want it taught to children in school and the majority of our politians agree with you, then all I can do is keep hoping that I'm really living in the matrix and some hacker is just fuckin' with me.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
15-08-2016, 05:59 AM
(14-08-2016 05:28 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  2+2= ice cream

If you are satisfied with this answer and you want it taught to children in school and the majority of our politians agree with you, then all I can do is keep hoping that I'm really living in the matrix and some hacker is just fuckin' with me.

There's just as much evidence that we ARE living in the matrix - as there is evidence for this "god" person......

Probably more.

Now did I take the blue pill or the red one???????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-08-2016, 06:35 AM
(15-08-2016 05:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 05:28 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  2+2= ice cream

There's just as much evidence that we ARE living in the matrix - as there is evidence for this "god" person......

Probably more.

Now did I take the blue pill or the red one???????

Both.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
15-08-2016, 10:13 AM
(13-08-2016 05:28 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  One of the most irritating and common retorts i heard when debating atheists goes like this

Science hasn't explain x but religion has so religion is better then science. And the religious explanation matches my experience so it's more reasonable . Your view of science is religious because you make science your god.ans science can't be trusted because it always changing.

it's stupid because

1.Being able to explain something does not mean it's a good explanation nor one that reflects reality

2.Anything in ignorance can seem reasonable

3. If you can just make stuff up and that stuff is your own personal opinion then of course it's going to make sense to you

4.Using your own human experience and imposing it on reality (like ID advocates do) is stupid

5. Science is a method not a dogma and no where not saying it will necessarily solve everything but religion is no substitute to it despite your insistence
"it has the answers" or "but it makes sense"

6. Science is self improving and self refining by method and design. The idea that something is true because it has not changed is foolish

I want to jump in on the conversation, but before I prepare my reply, I wanted to know what kind of theists you’re having these conversations with? If you hadn’t outed yourself as a Jew, I’d assume you’re speaking to Christians, but because you’re in the boat with me, it’s possible that you’re discussing this stuff with Jews. It’s just that it doesn’t feel like a Jewishy conversation ...unless you mean that you’re talking to the Chassids or something.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-08-2016, 11:03 AM
(14-08-2016 08:28 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When they start quoting the Bible as proof of their god, pfffft, it just makes me laugh. Laugh out load Like that's going to convince me. Bwahahaha.

And then when that doesn't work they threaten me with hell.....That's even funnier. A thinking person questions everything and religion is the most questionable thing there is.

Ah yes, using the Bible as proof, then following up with Pascal's wager.

What I find funny is the projection issues the average believer (read Christian) appears to have. The common statement that atheists know God exists and just don't want to believe seems to be a classic case of projection, because they are having difficulty dealing with the truth. And that truth is, for them the Bible/God is the final answer to the question, and they refuse to question that or even attempt to dig further, because they don't what to know what the real answer might be.

Looking back at my church time, I now chuckle at the endless hours of sermons and lessons I heard where it was pounded into my head that I should "diligently study the Scriptures for answers" and at the same time to run away from anyone that would even suggest to you that the Bible isn't really the word of God. I had one preacher literally say that, that you should run away from people that try to get you to question the Bible.
15-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Thing is that religion explain nothing, as "god did it" isn't explanation.

Religion just add another question, one about god.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post