But but but...what kind of Calvinist are you?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
But but but...what kind of Calvinist are you?
Calvinism can produce some illogical and quite strange ideas.
Consistent with the idea that there is there really is no deity giving humanity any actual direction, folks will spin the religion meme anyway they want to.
Calvinism is yet another one of those spun off of something else memes.
It is obvious that the idea of god(s) are man made while human action and thought is not god directed.

Look how divisive religion can be.
See how it spawns hatred and ignorance within this one teeny tiny sect of religion called Calvinism and what the awful results can be.

"This is a TV documentary written and presented by the BBC's Louis Theroux called "The Most Hated Family in America" about the Phelps family, at the heart of the Westboro Baptist Church."

WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH - WORLD'S MOST INFAMOUS CALVINISTS

Cap'n-Crunch could come up with a better plan.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
RE: But but but...what kind of Calvinist are you?
I remember this from the first time around. It is still scary how completely ignorant some are.

I have never been to the states, but know several Americans. Not one has ever mentioned how the streets are full of married men having gay sex. Strange that. By her own definition, gay men who are monogamous would be ok. Somehow though I suspect she wouldn't agree with that statement.

Louis Theroux did a whole series of shows like this, they were all good.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
12-03-2012, 09:43 AM
The WBC can't be calvanists. Why would they bother preaching and condemning people if they felt their fate was irreversible?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
(12-03-2012 09:43 AM)germanyt Wrote:  The WBC can't be calvanists. Why would they bother preaching and condemning people if they felt their fate was irreversible?

It must be part of the greater plan... Undecided

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
12-03-2012, 11:09 AM
By this logic, if a clown kills a child, then becoming a clown is a dangerous step towards becoming a child murderer.

And you think my logic is ridiculous?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I watched the whole video...

I don't think you can really blame Calvinism for this, since these people are acting outside of the bible ("evil angels" and bunch of made up shit). Jesus certainly did not encourage behaviour like that (OT God might have been happy though).

Still, this is what happens when blind faith goes too far, and you end up losing the grip on reality.

Well, Calvinism is somewhat responsible for "allowing" things like this. Since if they believe they are "chosen" and everything is predestined they can act however they like, and still have a free pass into heaven. Dodgy
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Sorry but I've got to disagree with you there KC.
Clowns ARE child murderers.
They literally sign a contract with Satan sayin they will kill kids and eat souls before they get the honky nose.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM

(12-03-2012 11:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  By this logic, if a clown kills a child, then becoming a clown is a dangerous step towards becoming a child murderer.

And you think my logic is ridiculous?

Well...it is pretty weird for people who want to be clowns in the first place. After John Wayne Gayce, clowns just take on a whole new connotation. And if the movie "Zombieland" taught us anything...

Seriously though, I have not really been up on Calvanism too much, but from what you describe of it, I am left wondering what the purpose of humanity really is from that perspective. Or what makes any of it relevant.

You see, I can understand God wanting to be loved and wanting to be able to love something else. I can understand how if nothing else, it might be one of the greatest challenges the greatest of all possible beings could be challenged by. In fact it may be the only thing possible he could be challenged by.

But I can't see any reason for creating human beings just to have a smart animal to look at. And I think even animals have a degree of free will, but they are not free to voluntarily move toward God. It seems humans are. Of course, as always, I'm open and interested in any opinions you have on the topic.

I'll close with this quote from Audrey Assad's "For Love of You."

You are my deepest longing, and so I see You everywhere.
It's You I'm chasing after.
Because I am captivated by who You are and how You move,
I'll follow You forever.

I wonder if God can really have that if He can't make a truly freewill being.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Egor's post