But what about regular ghosts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: But what about regular ghosts?
(16-09-2015 11:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 12:14 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  [Image: 12a.gif]

Seriously, though. It's hilarious, the way you think you know a single thing about us.

I'm unsure who or what you mean by "us" because atheists even on this forum tend to bicker with one another and I can't get any consistency as to whether absolutes exist, reality exists, a definition of God, a definition of Christianity, or twenty other things I can name. But I do know this, from having witnessed to hundreds of atheists--you insist that you are good people without faith, without religion, with subjective, relative benchmarks, and while mocking and hassling Christians. No.

You can't figure those things out yet you know enough to proclaim the case that they succumb to pride and dictate relationships? Why is it you can be so sure of those details when you can't figure out any consistent pattern over 25 different other connections?

How also do you know what is and isn't a deceived idea? How can you be certain the bible prophecy and accuracy isn't a deception by the devil to trick you into accepting it?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2015, 10:00 AM
(16-09-2015 11:44 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 11:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm unsure who or what you mean by "us" because atheists even on this forum tend to bicker with one another and I can't get any consistency as to whether absolutes exist, reality exists, a definition of God, a definition of Christianity, or twenty other things I can name. But I do know this, from having witnessed to hundreds of atheists--you insist that you are good people without faith, without religion, with subjective, relative benchmarks, and while mocking and hassling Christians. No.

You can't figure those things out yet you know enough to proclaim the case that they succumb to pride and dictate relationships? Why is it you can be so sure of those details when you can't figure out any consistent pattern over 25 different other connections?

How also do you know what is and isn't a deceived idea? How can you be certain the bible prophecy and accuracy isn't a deception by the devil to trick you into accepting it?

The devil is tricking me to believe Jesus fulfilled prophecies so that I will worship Jesus and expose the devil as a liar?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2015, 10:05 AM
(22-09-2015 10:00 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 11:44 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You can't figure those things out yet you know enough to proclaim the case that they succumb to pride and dictate relationships? Why is it you can be so sure of those details when you can't figure out any consistent pattern over 25 different other connections?

The devil is tricking me to believe Jesus fulfilled prophecies so that I will worship Jesus and expose the devil as a liar?

How do you know that isn't the goal?

What is it that gives you certain that believe in Jesus & God is a positive wanted action from God and not merely the devil's attempted tricks?

Perhaps not believing in the words of collected texts that seem to confirm the reality of god's nature is what God wants. Yet the devil intentionally influenced authors and translators for centuries to fool people into believing it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
22-09-2015, 10:33 AM
For me, ghosts fall into the same category as other transcendental beings of the imagination....fiction. You can listen to thousands of stories by "eyewitnesses" that will swear they saw dead aunt Bethel walking down the hallway....or a see through spooky figure walking the bridge where that lady committed suicide 40 years ago...or houses full of unhappy ghosts, poltergeists, demons, angels etc...there are documentaries, books, pictures and videos galore with "proof"....people walk into alleged haunted houses and run out covered in goose pimples crying that they felt, saw, heard something...supernatural...how does one explain this?

Human Psyche....humans seem to have an ability to project their subconscious fears, thoughts, memories, and experiences onto themselves in the form of visions, voices, and experiences. I am not a neurologist, psychologist, or psychiatrist so I have ZERO ability or desire to explain this phenomenon. This is just my opinion after much introspective thought. When my first daughter died, 2 weeks later my wife started screaming her name and came running into the room talking about how she had looked up, and saw our now dead 15 month old daughter standing in the doorway or her bedroom. Do I think my daughter's ghost actually appeared before my wife? No, I think the extreme emotional trauma, her current mental condition, stress level and sleep deprivation caused her to project this experience upon herself.

I again have ZERO ability to explain how this happens, this is just my experience...it kind of goes back to my theory of if you look hard enough for something, you will find it, whether it exists or not...or just the result of suppressed emotions, memories, experiences or thoughts.

Once I committed to Atheism, and my rejection of magic, boogie men, ghosts and jesus, I became comfortable with my perspective on that subject.

Explaining away "personal experience" is always impossible, as one person can not explain what someone else felt, saw, or heard....but I truly think it is a projection of some sort from within...the mind is an amazing thing, and how it reacts to different stimuli is interesting.

Whenever I am severely sleep deprived...I hallucinate and see a huge spider running at my face...has happened four times in my life...I know there wasn't a huge spider running at my face, and I do not even have arachnophobia...it was just the way my brain reacted to severe stress and sleep deprivation.

Enough rambling.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
22-09-2015, 11:47 AM
(22-09-2015 10:33 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I again have ZERO ability to explain how this happens, this is just my experience...

It's the blink. And the brain telling stories. Your comment sent me looking for the science, but my google-fu was lacking. I have a feeler out, will post if I get a response. There's no mystery to me how it happens or why it happens. We're emotional creatures with a brain that can essentially create environments.

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 12:29 PM
(22-09-2015 11:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 10:33 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I again have ZERO ability to explain how this happens, this is just my experience...

It's the blink. And the brain telling stories. Your comment sent me looking for the science, but my google-fu was lacking. I have a feeler out, will post if I get a response. There's no mystery to me how it happens or why it happens. We're emotional creatures with a brain that can essentially create environments.

I agree. I think I am a fairly astute person, and I do believe my opinion is probably very accurate. But you know how it goes, someone will weigh in with...."maybe you haven't experienced ghosts but I...blah blah blah" and again, in the end..it is their personal experience, and I can't tell someone else what they did or did not experience if I wasn't there...type of argument. So I tried to be....careful in the way I stated my opinion. Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
23-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Here's what the feeler kicked back for whomever has interest. Have yet to parse the information, 'cause Gwynnies.

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-09-2015, 01:24 PM
(22-09-2015 10:05 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 10:00 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The devil is tricking me to believe Jesus fulfilled prophecies so that I will worship Jesus and expose the devil as a liar?

How do you know that isn't the goal?

What is it that gives you certain that believe in Jesus & God is a positive wanted action from God and not merely the devil's attempted tricks?

Perhaps not believing in the words of collected texts that seem to confirm the reality of god's nature is what God wants. Yet the devil intentionally influenced authors and translators for centuries to fool people into believing it.

Repeating, the devil is motivating my to love his avowed enemy? And/or God is trying to get me to love that which is not God? Not logical. What is the purpose behind such actions?

I think we'd sooner find atheists with agendas. I encounter bitter people at TTA frequently.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Looks like we got more ghosts to hunt. Reality show's ghost-hunting couple dead in Nevada standoff

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post