Buzz word.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Buzz word.
(06-02-2012 06:02 AM)Zat Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 12:24 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I appreciate your position; I am not overly heavy into dictionary definitions.

Mr Woof, I don't know how you can avoid definitions?

If I tell you that there may be a good case made for termeszetfeletti jelenseg, then you will ask me what the hell I mean by those two words?

In essence you are asking for definitions.

Once I told you that they mean 'supernatural' and 'phenomenon' (in Hungarian) then, if you are still not sure, you will ask me to tell you exactly what I mean by those two words?

Definitions are an integral part of the conceptualizing process of the human brain, regardless whether we do it 'officially' or casually, we still need to be able to explain to each other what we mean!

Having said that, I have no problem with "agreeing to disagree"!

It is my best thing! Big Grin

"Oldest punk in the world"--- StarkersCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I have said many times that a 1 or 7 is lying to themselves or is blissfully ignorant.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
(06-02-2012 04:02 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 06:02 AM)Zat Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 12:24 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I appreciate your position; I am not overly heavy into dictionary definitions.

Mr Woof, I don't know how you can avoid definitions?

If I tell you that there may be a good case made for termeszetfeletti jelenseg, then you will ask me what the hell I mean by those two words?

In essence you are asking for definitions.

Once I told you that they mean 'supernatural' and 'phenomenon' (in Hungarian) then, if you are still not sure, you will ask me to tell you exactly what I mean by those two words?

Definitions are an integral part of the conceptualizing process of the human brain, regardless whether we do it 'officially' or casually, we still need to be able to explain to each other what we mean!

Having said that, I have no problem with "agreeing to disagree"!

It is my best thing! Big Grin
Yep definitions IMO are of course essential, in communicating anything.
As you indicate extrapolations are needed at times as there is always the problem of ambiguity both by neglect & intentional.
As for making a good case for termezetfletti jelenseg.......see, I can't even spell it. Sad

"Oldest punk in the world"--- StarkersCool
06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Mr Woof, looks like we are in agreement after all!
Big Grin