CA motorcycle laws are retarded (swearing and need advice)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2011, 08:08 PM

CA motorcycle laws are retarded (swearing and need advice)
Here's my dilemma. I recently was looking in to getting a 50cc scooter, originally you weren't required by law to have a license for a scooter of 50cc's or less, seeing as how it only goes 35mph. They recently changed the law, requiring you to have an m2 license, at the dealership where I was looking at the 50cc scooter the guy told me I would only be required to take a small written test in order to get the m2.

So I went over to the DMV who told me that as of January 31st I would be required to take a motorcycle riding course in order to take the written test. HOWEVER here's where it gets a little messed up, the course itself is 150 dollars, and you can't take it without, wait for it, just wait, A FUCKING DRIVER'S LICENSE. Here I am trying to get a small little scooter so I could get used to the idea of driving and have some transportation, yet I can't take the course without first having a driver's license. HOW FUCKING POINTLESS IS THAT?! If you already have a driver's license why in the fuck would you want to get a 50cc scooter and an m2 license?!

I can understand the law where you have to have a driver's license before getting your m1, which would be operating a regular motorcycle. But for a fucking small ass little scooter?! I'm tempted to buy the scooter and drive it without a fucking license, what are they going to do, send me to jail? Go ahead and let them, it's not my fault their laws are fucked
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 12:32 AM
RE: CA motorcycle laws are retarded (swearing and need advice)
Do people have to prove they are total idiots before they are allowed to make laws? Sure looks like it.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 03:35 AM
RE: CA motorcycle laws are retarded (swearing and need advice)
This is so retarded I'd assume it was in Britain if you hadn't already said dollars.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply