CARM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 02:08 PM
CARM
christian apologetics and research ministry
has anyone seen this page? im sure most probably have. last night i was just googling things related to atheism and this page came up. they have some very interesting ways at explaining things. especially atheists..
"They can’t find God because first of all, they aren’t looking, and second they want to avoid Him. If you don’t believe me, do a test. Find an atheist chat room on the Net and offer any evidence for God you can think of. Then sit back and count the milliseconds before that evidence is attacked. You’ll notice that the longer you defend your evidence, the more fervent will be the attacks on it and, inevitably, on you. Be prepared for some mockery and ridicule. You’ll be told that you’re stupid, an idiot and that you believe in mythology. They’ve got it all figured out but don’t worry. Their insults are just a bunch of words. Anyway, atheists make it impossible to prove God exists when they have their eyes closed, their fingers in their ears, and they’re calling you names"

all kinds of fun stuff like explaining why a man died for gathering sticks on the sabbath
"(Exodus 31:14)--"Therefore you are to observe the Sabbath, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people."

Apparently, this was the first public offense against the newly revealed law of God. It was, essentially, being tested. Therefore, the severity of the punishment was to demonstrate to all of Israel the necessity of obeying the Law of God."

reasons for killing women and children
"God is often so strong in the Old Testament--even ordering the killing of people so that he might ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact. The enemy, Satan, began his attempt to destroy God's people in the Garden of Eden by also trying to corrupt the world (which led to Noah's Flood), by trying to destroy Israel with attacking armies, and by encouraging Israel to fall into idolatry by exposure to other cultures as well as intermarrying women from those cultures. The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through. The Messiah, Jesus, would be the one who would die for the sins of the world, and without that, death there would be no atonement. Without the atonement, all people would be lost. So, God was ensuring the arrival of the Messiah via the destruction of the ungodly.

This is why God ordered the destruction of this nation. It was pagan, participated in vile and grotesque sins, was idolatrous, and was posing a serious threat to the national identity and sanctity of Israel."

i just thought it was a fun read. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 02:34 PM
RE: CARM
(04-05-2016 02:08 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  christian apologetics and research ministry
has anyone seen this page? im sure most probably have. last night i was just googling things related to atheism and this page came up. they have some very interesting ways at explaining things. especially atheists..
"They can’t find God because first of all, they aren’t looking, and second they want to avoid Him. If you don’t believe me, do a test. Find an atheist chat room on the Net and offer any evidence for God you can think of. Then sit back and count the milliseconds before that evidence is attacked. You’ll notice that the longer you defend your evidence, the more fervent will be the attacks on it and, inevitably, on you. Be prepared for some mockery and ridicule. You’ll be told that you’re stupid, an idiot and that you believe in mythology. They’ve got it all figured out but don’t worry. Their insults are just a bunch of words. Anyway, atheists make it impossible to prove God exists when they have their eyes closed, their fingers in their ears, and they’re calling you names"

all kinds of fun stuff like explaining why a man died for gathering sticks on the sabbath
"(Exodus 31:14)--"Therefore you are to observe the Sabbath, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people."

Apparently, this was the first public offense against the newly revealed law of God. It was, essentially, being tested. Therefore, the severity of the punishment was to demonstrate to all of Israel the necessity of obeying the Law of God."

reasons for killing women and children
"God is often so strong in the Old Testament--even ordering the killing of people so that he might ensure that the future messianic line would remain intact. The enemy, Satan, began his attempt to destroy God's people in the Garden of Eden by also trying to corrupt the world (which led to Noah's Flood), by trying to destroy Israel with attacking armies, and by encouraging Israel to fall into idolatry by exposure to other cultures as well as intermarrying women from those cultures. The result of both the idolatry and the interbreeding would have been the failure of the prophecies that foretold of the coming Messiah which specified which family line the Messiah would come through. The Messiah, Jesus, would be the one who would die for the sins of the world, and without that, death there would be no atonement. Without the atonement, all people would be lost. So, God was ensuring the arrival of the Messiah via the destruction of the ungodly.

This is why God ordered the destruction of this nation. It was pagan, participated in vile and grotesque sins, was idolatrous, and was posing a serious threat to the national identity and sanctity of Israel."

i just thought it was a fun read. Tongue

Idea God is Hitler in reverse, committing genocide to keep the jewish race pure!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-05-2016, 05:19 PM
and they are ok with that
04-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Yikes. That was painful to read.
04-05-2016, 06:12 PM
(04-05-2016 05:30 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Yikes. That was painful to read.

You should just visit the page. It's loaded with crap.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
04-05-2016, 06:16 PM
there is one section that talks about Whitney Houston's death. they basically said an "atheist" cant say that it was tragic because
"Is Whitney Houston’s death a tragedy? Absolutely, but only when it’s viewed within the framework of the Christian worldview."
04-05-2016, 06:30 PM
(04-05-2016 06:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  You should just visit the page. It's loaded with crap.
Best summary of CARM ever. I'm pretty sure everyone except the people who run the site are going to Hell in their opinion...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Yeah. CARM was really well respected by people I knew when I was a Christian. Reading their content myself as an atheist I wonder what they're smoking.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
05-05-2016, 05:25 AM
(05-05-2016 05:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Yeah. CARM was really well respected by people I knew when I was a Christian. Reading their content myself as an atheist I wonder what they're smoking.

Same. I used to like CARM when I was a Christian.
05-05-2016, 05:30 AM
CARM is Matt Slick's world and that's a special kind of... something. Listening to him "debate" is fascinating because he isn't stupid but you can see him simply refusing to process any statement that doesn't fit his worldview. He turns wilfull ignorance into an art form.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post