CERN is Tower of Babel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: CERN is Tower of Babel
I never understood the tower of babel anyway.

People in the bronze age were able to build a tower tall enough that it made god nervous?

Or is it simply the explanation myth as why we have different languages? Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 05:41 AM by TheInquisition.)
(08-09-2015 08:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I never understood the tower of babel anyway.

People in the bronze age were able to build a tower tall enough that it made god nervous?

Or is it simply the explanation myth as why we have different languages? Consider

It's another example where the Hebrews borrowed from Sumerian myth, the account of Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta and put their own god and their own morality tale into the story.

The ancient Hebrews were unoriginal, but they were consistent in myth recycling.

It's also another example where the ancient Hebrews just make up something, but gave it no thought. Which, IMHO is evidence they were fully aware they were telling tall tales. If the Tower of Babel actually happened, then that would mean we all spoke Babylonian up until this supernatural confusion of language happened.

I would think even the ancient Hebrews were aware that many languages predated theirs, yet they wrote this silly story and made it part of the Torah anyway.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
09-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Well, maybe god will finally show is ass up and settle the debate once and for all.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
09-09-2015, 08:44 AM
So when we put a man on the moon god must have been asleep at the wheel.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-09-2015, 08:47 AM
That fits the notion of putting God anywhere you can not quite find him yet.

When you can't reach the skies or space, God was up there above and now he's in the infinitesimally small notion of particles.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Ok just watched the full video.

At first I thought it as a satire. Then I realized he was serious. Were I started laughing hysterically.

[Image: Ricky-Gervais-Putting-Head-Back-and-Laughing.gif]

His evidence for the tower of babel is Jacobs latter another story in the bible. At one point I thought he was going to catch on to his own foolishness when he stated that angels couldn't get from heaven to earth because it would take them millions of years traveling at the speed of light. Unless they had space portals. because building a latter to a worm hole in the clouds, is the most plausable thing.

I just stated thinking about Ricky Gervais Noah's Ark story with the two birds walking. "You know this boat is pretty far. We could just fly." "Naw" "Really?" "Nah" "You sure?" Naahhhh."
Imagine all these angels taking a day and a half walking down this enormous latter with their wings. But still having to walk to where ever this person was making their prayer at. "Shit! This guy lives in New York City. The only latter is in Israel, FUCK! Well this guy really wants to bang his sectary so we need to make this happen."

For those that don't know what i'm talking about

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-09-2015, 10:33 AM
(09-09-2015 09:08 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Ok just watched the full video.

At first I thought it as a satire. Then I realized he was serious. Were I started laughing hysterically.

Just search Google with CERN 23.9 armageddon aliens jesus god hindu hell demons prophecy portal, anything out from that, you will find theories that are even more insane than this one.
09-09-2015, 11:57 AM
(02-08-2015 02:02 PM)natachan Wrote:  http://youtu.be/b56YW8FhKyU

What a fucking moron!

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
23-09-2015, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 01:49 PM by Talviomena.)

Neat. Laugh out load I'm baffled by all these prophecy videos, was the armageddon whatever supposed to be today? Or does it begin today and the "final" armageddon would end in the end of this september? Hobo
23-09-2015, 02:30 PM
(03-08-2015 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 01:16 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  First he could not deal with iron chariots and now you're saying that Google translate is capable of defeating him.

Apparently even omnipotence has it's limits Wink

The is no question. Google is clearly more powerful than God.
You do NOT fuck with Google.

I know, right?
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post