CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(05-02-2014 11:42 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, you believe in an empty tomb but you have no idea where it is and if it is indeed empty. Talk about being gullible.

And you don't want to find out if it is true. Talk about being lazy.

That's my point.
Here's a fun book - the first half anyway, the second fizzles out a bit.
http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Woods-Redisco...0307279464

This book has lots of geographical references which lack specific coordinates, but I believe that the places existed pretty much as described. Most people who have read the book probably believe them also. I doubt you'd call them all gullible or lazy. I think your position regarding the tomb is special pleading, and likely hypocritical.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 12:27 PM
(05-02-2014 11:58 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I too hate cjlr and toadaly. I was called at pastor John's house for spiritual guidance and his wife said he was down at his beloved bridge fishing from it for one last time because the mean spirited cjlr was planning on selling it. I walked down to the bridge to speak with him and saw a strange guy watching him. The guy noticed me and said 'Hi, my names toadaly' ... He then stuck his hand to his ear with his thumb and finger extended pretending to be on a call. He then looked straight at me and said 'hey mate, David Hasslehoff is on the phone, he wants his shit hair cut back' and he walked away LAUGHING! I don't mind telling you a part of me died that day, you see, I had been saving my pocket money for weeks and only the day before had finally amassed enough money to invest in what I thought was a killer perm! It was full bodied, voluminous with beautiful even tight curls nestled upon my crown in magnificent splendour. I was so hurt and still am, I remember that day like it was only yesterday but in reality it was as long ago as Saturday.

I can't speak to the veracity of that particular anecdote, because I wasn't there.

Monster_Riffs knows about the bridge through his friendship with our mutual acquaintance John Smith. This is called a secondary source. And so, the details of the above incident notwithstanding, Monster_Riffs's testimony is absolutely incontrovertible corroboration of the existence of my bridge and my willingness to give alpha male a great deal on it.

You can be sure that all of us are telling the truth because we say we are.

As stated above, Monster_Riffs, toadaly, and EvolutionKills know where my bridge is. If it wasn't where I said it was, or if it wasn't really mine to sell, they would be able to point out the mistakes in my account.

(05-02-2014 11:58 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Do I get a cut from the sale? Big Grin
What do you think?
(05-02-2014 11:58 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I too hate cjlr ...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
05-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Please explain the special pleading and hypocritical part. I'm not the one claiming that "there is an empty tomb, but we just don't know where it is. Just trust me on this". Now, that's special pleading.

You debunk cjlr's claim to owning a bridge despite his willingness to provide multiple witnesses to the fact, but you believe the gospel writers' claim without bothering to debate or investigate. Now, that's hypocritical.

Mr. Bryson can provide coordinates, photos and other evidence for the places he claims to describe. Can you?

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
(05-02-2014 12:06 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 09:41 AM)toadaly Wrote:  I also hate cjlr,
Your support of him indicates otherwise.

You have my sworn testimony that I hate him. Why isn't that good enough? I hired a hit man on him, so that proves how much I hate him. In fact, the hit man reported to me that the job is already complete. So you won't be hearing from cjlr anymore....it'd take a miracle.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 12:32 PM
(05-02-2014 12:30 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  You debunk cjlr's claim to owning a bridge despite his willingness to provide multiple witnesses to the fact, but you believe the gospel writers' claim without bothering to debate or investigate. Now, that's hypocritical.

Doc

Ah, but he doesn't debunk it. Merely deny it.

Even though he's heard from four eyewitnesses.

Would it help if one of us mentioned zombies?

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
05-02-2014, 12:43 PM
(05-02-2014 12:32 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 12:06 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Your support of him indicates otherwise.

You have my sworn testimony that I hate him. Why isn't that good enough? I hired a hit man on him, so that proves how much I hate him. In fact, the hit man reported to me that the job is already complete. So you won't be hearing from cjlr anymore....it'd take a miracle.

But ... but .... he's posted on the thread straight after you! That can only mean he's RISEN!

Oh yeah, I still hate you toadaly

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
05-02-2014, 12:49 PM
(05-02-2014 12:43 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  But ... but .... he's posted on the thread straight after you! That can only mean he's RISEN!

Good Ra! It's a miracle!!!!!!!111!

p.s. I toadaly hate you too, but not nearly as much as cjlr. It was bad enough he had that awesome bridge and was trying to sell it, but now I'm never going to hear the end of him bragging about rising from the dead.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 3 users Like toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 12:52 PM
It's a good thing I was wearing the piece of the true cross I just acquired over my heart, which totally took the bullet for me.

toadaly, you should hire a more thorough hitman.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-02-2014, 12:56 PM
(05-02-2014 12:49 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 12:43 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  But ... but .... he's posted on the thread straight after you! That can only mean he's RISEN!

Good Ra! It's a miracle!!!!!!!111!

p.s. I toadaly hate you too, but not nearly as much as cjlr. It was bad enough he had that awesome bridge and was trying to sell it, but now I'm never going to hear the end of him bragging about rising from the dead.

Yeah, he's a fucking bell end! Look, if you apologise about my perm and admit it's the bees knees, we can hate on him together? Thumbsup

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
05-02-2014, 01:10 PM
(05-02-2014 12:30 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Please explain the special pleading and hypocritical part.
I already did. You don’t generally find it ( or at least haven’t yet contested the point) gullible or lazy for one to accept that a place exists based on a written account which doesn’t include precise coordinates. You do charge Christians with being gullible and lazy for accepting that there was an empty tomb based on a written account which doesn’t include precise coordinates.
Quote:I'm not the one claiming that "there is an empty tomb, but we just don't know where it is. Just trust me on this". Now, that's special pleading.
This is a straw man. I’m not claiming that there is an empty tomb. Things change in two thousand years. Heck, some of the things mentioned in the Appalachian Trail book might not be there anymore.
Quote:You debunk cjlr's claim to owning a bridge despite his willingness to provide multiple witnesses to the fact,
I’ve shown that his support is weaker than that of the Bible.
Quote:but you believe the gospel writers' claim without bothering to debate or investigate. Now, that's hypocritical.
Seems to me we are debating.
Quote:Mr. Bryson can provide coordinates, photos and other evidence for the places he claims to describe. Can you?
Regarding coordinates – got support, or just making things up as you go?

Regarding photos, you’re likely into more special pleading. Do you think it’s gullible and lazy to accept a written reference without a photo? Is it therefore gullible to accept any reference from times before photography was invented?