CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(05-02-2014 12:32 PM)toadaly Wrote:  You have my sworn testimony that I hate him.
No, I don't. You're lying, or don't know what sworn testimony is.

Quote:Why isn't that good enough?
First, I don't have it. Second, your behavior indicates otherwise, as already noted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 01:39 PM
(05-02-2014 01:10 PM)alpha male Wrote:  I’ve shown that his support is weaker than that of the Bible.

No you haven't. You merely asserted that you don't believe the eyewitnesses.

To claim that those of us testifying to you, that you can directly interact with, about something that is really fairly ordinary (the existence of a bridge), is somehow weaker than the testimony of people from 2000 years ago, who we know nothing about, and who's motives are unknown, and who's "testimony" is of unknown veracity, and who report things that are nomologically impossible, is beyond absurd.

It's amazing that you can't see this is special pleading on steroids, and keep trying to pretend there is some shred of rationality to your completely ridiculous position.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 4 users Like toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
(05-02-2014 01:15 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 12:32 PM)toadaly Wrote:  You have my sworn testimony that I hate him.
No, I don't. You're lying, or don't know what sworn testimony is.

Yes you do. I swore it a few posts back. Are you expecting me to send you a notarized copy?

[+] 4 users Like toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Hehehe, oh Alfy Laughat You bought a 2000 year old bridge you've never seen but you seem strangely reluctant to buy another with impeccable evidential backup. Pretty sure Cjlr can even rustle up a photo if you ask nice Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-02-2014, 01:51 PM
cljr, I am so glad that my piece of the true cross got there in time. May I now have my 2.5 billion in Zimbabwean dollar bills, I have travel expenses.

On a more serious note. I have no trouble with believers who understand the bible is nonsense. That jesus birth was to a virgin, his empty tomb exists somewhere or other famously flawed aspects of the bible should be taken as truth I have trouble with. To believe in a god, which lacks foundation no matter how you slice it, is acceptable to me. I for years wore a Thor's hammer in the hopes that the hammer would instill in me power. Not that I believed in Thor but that the myths might enable me to embrace his mythical powers. I have great trouble with those who accept the true word of a specific god. It is one thing to accept that some of the myth may have social or personal benefit. To accept the whole myth shows a lack of thinking.

Edit: since I saved your life cljr I want a cut of the bridge action.
05-02-2014, 02:00 PM
(05-02-2014 01:39 PM)toadaly Wrote:  No you haven't. You merely asserted that you don't believe the eyewitnesses.
No, I haven't merely asserted, I've given reasoning. Based on your actions, you're lying about being his enemy.
05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
(05-02-2014 01:42 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Yes you do. I swore it a few posts back. Are you expecting me to send you a notarized copy?
That wouldn't cut it. As noted in the wiki link, sworn testimony opens you up to a perjury charge. You're just mouthing off on an internet forum. This continued lie detracts further from your credibility.
05-02-2014, 02:10 PM
(05-02-2014 02:00 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 01:39 PM)toadaly Wrote:  No you haven't. You merely asserted that you don't believe the eyewitnesses.
No, I haven't merely asserted, I've given reasoning. Based on your actions, you're lying about being his enemy.

Sorry, but he most certainly is my enemy. Search the forum, and you'll see we've had quite a few nasty fallouts. I hate the guy with a passion.

05-02-2014, 02:13 PM
(05-02-2014 02:02 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 01:42 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Yes you do. I swore it a few posts back. Are you expecting me to send you a notarized copy?
That wouldn't cut it. As noted in the wiki link, sworn testimony opens you up to a perjury charge. You're just mouthing off on an internet forum. This continued lie detracts further from your credibility.

...and this is the same standard you apply to the 'witnesses' in the Bible, right?

[+] 3 users Like toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 02:17 PM
(05-02-2014 02:10 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Sorry, but he most certainly is my enemy. Search the forum, and you'll see we've had quite a few nasty fallouts. I hate the guy with a passion.
I just searched with you as the poster and cjlr as the search term. There were ten hits and all were quite civil.