CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(05-02-2014 02:13 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...and this is the same standard you apply to the 'witnesses' in the Bible, right?
No, sworn testimony is the standard I apply to people claiming to have given sworn testimony.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 02:23 PM
(05-02-2014 02:17 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 02:10 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Sorry, but he most certainly is my enemy. Search the forum, and you'll see we've had quite a few nasty fallouts. I hate the guy with a passion.
I just searched with you as the poster and cjlr as the search term. There were ten hits and all were quite civil.

You're lying. No-one would be so gullible as to actually do that.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
05-02-2014, 02:24 PM
(05-02-2014 02:18 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 02:13 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...and this is the same standard you apply to the 'witnesses' in the Bible, right?
No, sworn testimony is the standard I apply to people claiming to have given sworn testimony.

So what standard do you apply to people who say some dude rose from the dead 2000 years ago?

05-02-2014, 02:27 PM
(05-02-2014 02:23 PM)toadaly Wrote:  You're lying. No-one would be so gullible as to actually do that.
More boredom than gullibility, but yes, I did it.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...order=desc

I also checked cjlr's reputation and saw a positive from monster riffs. cj's supporters seem to be liars.
[+] 1 user Likes alpha male's post
05-02-2014, 02:29 PM
(05-02-2014 02:27 PM)alpha male Wrote:  I also checked cjlr's reputation and saw a positive from monster riffs. cj's supporters seem to be liars.

Hum, now... so they're really *disciples*... disciples who are liars. Who knew it was even possible ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-02-2014, 02:34 PM
His cross is somewhere in Japan, I heard.
Nothing about japan, though.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
05-02-2014, 02:36 PM
(05-02-2014 02:27 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 02:23 PM)toadaly Wrote:  You're lying. No-one would be so gullible as to actually do that.
More boredom than gullibility, but yes, I did it.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...order=desc

I also checked cjlr's reputation and saw a positive from monster riffs. cj's supporters seem to be liars.

...I've never actually seen someone go out of their way to prove they're gullible. I guess you get some points for that. Still, the fundamental problem is the special pleading.

You've already expended more effort trying to disprove the existence of a bridge than you've probably spent in critical thought about some guy written to have been raised from the dead thousands of years ago.

[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 02:54 PM
(05-02-2014 02:36 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...I've never actually seen someone go out of their way to prove they're gullible.
And you still haven't. I went out of my way to prove you're a liar.
Quote:You've already expended more effort trying to disprove the existence of a bridge than you've probably spent in critical thought about some guy written to have been raised from the dead thousands of years ago.
Please, I'm the one going to an opposing site to challenge my beliefs.
05-02-2014, 02:57 PM
cljr stiffed me on the piece of the true cross that saved his life. But, a small investment in his bridge has been tripled in a short space of time. I think cljr has to be watched closely but from personal experience one can make money with him.

It is fascinating the length theists will go to explain their bible (or whatever religious book) and how it is accurate. alpha male (what a horrible internet name) will accept the testimony of the gospels as true even with their conflicts. Those things are immaterial but genuine truths (well lies) on the internet are obviously false.

One cannot have it both ways. That which is just internet chatter cannot be more fake than that which is just in one book which has extremely limited other verification.
05-02-2014, 03:08 PM
(05-02-2014 02:54 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 02:36 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...I've never actually seen someone go out of their way to prove they're gullible.
And you still haven't. I went out of my way to prove you're a liar.

I'm not sure which is worse, going out of your way to prove you're gullible, or going out of your way to prove some random person on the internet is a liar.

I do have a question though. When you accuse someone of being a liar, who is clearly just playing games to demonstrate the absurdity of your position...what does that say about your honesty?

Quote:Please, I'm the one going to an opposing site to challenge my beliefs.

You don't appear to be trying too hard to challenge your beliefs. You appear to be trying to confirm them, and ignoring the big issue of special pleading. You *know* damned well you would not accept the abject crap arguments you are using regarding the resurrection for anything unrelated to your religious convictions.

Why is that so hard for you admit to yourself?

[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post