CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
It takes two to tango. IMO it's fascinating the lengths atheists will go to attacking the Bible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 03:14 PM
(05-02-2014 03:08 PM)alpha male Wrote:  It takes two to tango. IMO it's fascinating the lengths atheists will go to attacking the Bible.

...this is a forum for 'thethinkingatheist". The whole purpose of this place is to discuss this sort of thing. What fun would it be if every time people came around saying "Hey look! this books says some dude rose form the dead....what do you guys think"?...that the response was "that's nice. Can you pass the salt?"

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 03:16 PM
(05-02-2014 03:08 PM)toadaly Wrote:  I'm not sure which is worse, going out of your way to prove you're gullible, or going out of your way to prove some random person on the internet is a liar.
Meh, you're just trying to save face at this point.
Quote:I do have a question though. When you accuse someone of being a liar, who is clearly just playing games to demonstrate the absurdity of your position...what does that say about your honesty?
As I gave support for my accusations, it says I'm honest.

Quote:You don't appear to be trying too hard to challenge your beliefs.
It's my busy time at work. I can only take on easier topics.
05-02-2014, 03:40 PM
(05-02-2014 02:00 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 01:39 PM)toadaly Wrote:  No you haven't. You merely asserted that you don't believe the eyewitnesses.
No, I haven't merely asserted, I've given reasoning. Based on your actions, you're lying about being his enemy.

Nope, as I never claimed to be cjlr's enemy. Indeed I happen to like the fellow and will, as I've already said, attest to his trustworthiness. Since if you look at our history and see that we clearly lack enmity towards one another, that just corroborates my story, leading even more validity and credence to my claim. Why don't you trust me? It really is a swell bridge.

(05-02-2014 02:27 PM)alpha male Wrote:  I also checked cjlr's reputation and saw a positive from monster riffs. cj's supporters seem to be liars.

It's all political posturing. You know that old adage, keep you friend close and your enemies closer? They're all smiles and handshakes in public, but that only serves to further stoke their undying hatred for each other. Remembering once again that I am eminently trustworthy source, as I am a contemporary eyewitness to all of these events. Not only that, but you're getting it directly from the source! I'm giving you direct testimony here, why that's enough to get people sentenced to death in some states!

(05-02-2014 02:54 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Please, I'm the one going to an opposing site to challenge my beliefs.

[Image: tumblr_mgztqjkqsm1qh2o7zo1_r1_500.gif]

(05-02-2014 03:16 PM)alpha male Wrote:  It's my busy time at work. I can only take on easier topics.

[Image: cbf3acbdf2debd6ec33250659ed671f5.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 06:44 PM by Free.)
(05-02-2014 03:08 PM)alpha male Wrote:  It takes two to tango. IMO it's fascinating the lengths atheists will go to attacking the Bible.

The bible is merely a book that consists of numerous tales written by numerous people, and then constructed by people in such a way as to relay some semblance of cohesion in an effort to create a belief system.

You believe in stories written in old books back in a time when numerous cultures believed in numerous gods. Even the bible itself displays numerous gods beginning with Elohim, then Jehovah, and then with Jesus we have the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

Elohim is a Hebrew word that means "gods," meaning more than one. It is first seen in the 1st chapter of Genesis, and it is the very reason why you see the verse of, "Let US make man in OUR image," denoting the plural; polytheism.

From there we move on to Moses and his "Jehovah." It is here where you see the first commandment, "I am the Lord your God, you shall have no other gods before me," indicating the singular; monotheism.

Then we have Jesus and the trinity, with the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit," denoting the plural once again; polytheism.

The bible teaches you to believe in multiple gods because it was actually written by people from multiple cultures who believed in multiple religions.

You have the right to believe whatever you wish, but you also have the right to investigate what it actually is that you believe in, and why you should, or should not, believe in it.

As an atheist I find it far more honest to say, "I do not believe in God," because I have actually studied the history of Christianity and Judaism, and determined their origins as well as their truths and non truths. I eventually concluded that there simply is no evidence to support any kind of belief ... other than the book itself.

You take what the bible teaches you on faith, but I take what it says on reason, and therefore I do not blindly follow that which an old book tells me to follow.

I prefer to live my life based upon that which can be demonstrated as truthful, rather than that which expects me to blindly follow the many different faiths which are exhibited through the bible. After all, it's far more honest.

And always remember, you were born with no beliefs in any kind of god in the first place. It was not until you were taught to believe that you became a Christian. But the truth is ... you were an atheist the day you were born, and that is your natural state of being.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
06-02-2014, 06:00 AM
(05-02-2014 03:48 PM)Free Wrote:  And always remember, you were born with no beliefs in any kind of god in the first place. It was not until you were taught to believe that you became a Christian. But the truth is ... you were an atheist the day you were born, and that is your natural state of being.
There are a number of problems with this, but if you insist - OK, I'll try to remember that atheism is an infantile position.
06-02-2014, 07:55 AM
(05-02-2014 10:19 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed, for I too have both seen the bridge and can attest to cjlr's truthfulness; and since you know I'm real you can trust me too.

(05-02-2014 09:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I know a Christian Pastor, his name is John Smith. He lives right down the street from me and we get into debates all the time and hate each other's guts. But while we might hate each other, he too has seen cjlr's bridge and can attest to both it's existence and awesomeness (because he is an honest guy and he believes in Jebus just like you)! Just take my word on it, both Pastor Smith and the bridge do exist.

So when can we start negotiating price? I think 10% of your future income sounds about right...

(05-02-2014 09:41 AM)toadaly Wrote:  I also hate cjlr, but I hereby swear that his bridge exists and is truly awesome, and also, John Smith was once seen fishing on the bridge, so that double proves it.

I feel I'm entitled to a cut of the 10%, because I have confirmed these facts.

My friends, enemies, and acquiantences alike all agree.

I totally have a bridge to sell you, alpha male.

Do you want to buy it?

I don't really know any of these guys and have nothing vested in them, but I have seen the bridge, and Pastor John Smith fishing on it, and John's brother fishing with him. I don't own any portion of this bridge, and I'm not interested in any of your money as part of the commission of this sale. I have nothing to gain by lying about this, which makes me exceptionally trustworthy.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
06-02-2014, 07:56 AM
(04-02-2014 01:17 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  The NT Jesus is taken off the cross so he wasn't left to be eaten by birds.

There is/was no "NT" Jebus just because certain myths were circulated about a certain Jebus. Trying to assert there was such an actual person with no proof (as opposed to all the other Jesuses) gives that (supposed dude) an existence (a priori), just because some people *think* about a certain meaning to that Jebus today. How would anyone know the difference between 2 Jesuses even 10 years later in a culture with absolutely NOT ONE record ? NO notes, no newspapers, no videos. Philo of Alexandria was talking about a Jesus who died between the Earth and the moon, and Jesus of Gemala and Simon of Perea had histories that were almost exactly the same. Just because someone wrote, at some point that a Jesus was removed from a cross does not mean that there actually was yet another Jesus. Just that they were telling yet another story about one. The "NT" Jesus is just as mythical as any other, with no specific proof, (and there is none). It's the same as saying there is a *real* Harry Potter as opposed to a different Harry Potter, just because the HP in The Sorcerer's Stone was said to do one thing, and my Harry Potter went surfing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-02-2014, 07:57 AM
(06-02-2014 06:00 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 03:48 PM)Free Wrote:  And always remember, you were born with no beliefs in any kind of god in the first place. It was not until you were taught to believe that you became a Christian. But the truth is ... you were an atheist the day you were born, and that is your natural state of being.
There are a number of problems with this, but if you insist - OK, I'll try to remember that atheism is an infantile position.

Yet, you do not list the so-called "problems" and the reason why they are problems.

Therefore, your assertions are insofar as being groundless.

You were born an atheist, and that is something you can never deny. Not ever.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
06-02-2014, 08:00 AM
(06-02-2014 07:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I don't really know any of these guys and have nothing vested in them, but I have seen the bridge, and Pastor John Smith fishing on it, and John's brother fishing with him. I don't own any portion of this bridge, and I'm not interested in any of your money as part of the commission of this sale. I have nothing to gain by lying about this, which makes me exceptionally trustworthy.
Fail as usual. First, having nothing to gain would not make you exceptionally trustworthy. Having something to lose would make you exceptionally trustworthy. Second, you actually do have something to gain. You don't like that I frequently refute your positions, so you would like to see me lose the argument. I'd say nice try, but it wasn't even that. Tongue