CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(06-02-2014 08:51 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, after several posts, alphamale finally utters a truth. My question was simple, "Where is Christ's tomb, and how do we know it's his?" In essence, alphamale is saying that his belief in an empty tomb is simply that, a belief. No proof can be given of Christ's burial or resurrection.
Depends on how you’re using proof. If merely as evidence, which seems indicated by “No,” then you’re incorrect. As already noted, the gospel accounts are evidence of Christ’s burial and resurrection.
Quote:Let me help him out. The gospels say that Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for Jesus' body and buried it in haste in his own new tomb, which had not been used before, in the garden where Jesus crucified. Seems to me that there cannot be that many candidates for the tomb and it should be easy to find.

Except, there is a teensy-weensy problem. Where was Jesus crucified? Surely someone ought to know where such a monumental, history-changing event occurred. Alas, no one seems to have thought to mark the spot where Jesus died. As a result, there are at least three locations that claim that honor (and collect tourist dollars).

While we are on the topic:
Where was Jesus born? No idea
Where was Jesus circumcised? Down there, of course, but no one knows where the deed was done.
Where was Jesus' home? No idea
Where was the synagogue he attended? No idea
Where was he baptized? No idea
Where did he live in Capernaum? No idea
Where did he partake of the Last Supper? No idea
Where did he institue the Great Commission? No idea

You get the idea.
Yes, I get the idea – you’re quibbling over inconsequential details. If all these locations were noted with precision at the time and unquestionably preserved through the centuries, you’d say, “Well that doesn’t mean he really rose from the dead.” Inconsequential.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
(06-02-2014 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Using your position to argue your position. Perhaps a logic course could assist you. It's called "circular".
No one here has agreed that anyone was "created and sustained by a being of powers beyond its comprehension". All you have done is asserted that, and in no way demonstrated it. Is this more of your "refutation" ? LMAO.

Your Presuppositionalism is showing. Please put it back in your pants.
I guess I should have specified that I was referring to the baby's mother, not a god. Thought that was obvious in context. The mother created (technically procreated) the baby, is usually the one who sustains it (and if not her, some older human is), and has powers far beyond the baby's comprehension.

Carry on.
06-02-2014, 09:53 AM
(06-02-2014 09:27 AM)alpha male Wrote:  You get the idea.
Yes, I get the idea – you’re quibbling over inconsequential details. If all these locations were noted with precision at the time and unquestionably preserved through the centuries, you’d say, “Well that doesn’t mean he really rose from the dead.” Inconsequential.
[/quote]

You made my point for me. There can be no physical proof for a risen savior and yet Christians, like yourself, point to an empty tomb as "proof" of Christ's divinity. The entire field of apologetics is devoted to the very field of "proving the Bible". You yourself are engaging in such an activity as we speak.

Both Peter and John were unwilling to accept Mary's word that the tomb was empty and had to verify it for themselves. Was their disbelief inconsequential? Why are we not afforded that privilege?

I feel that prolonging this discussion is useless, unless, of course, you know where Christ's tomb is.

Regards,

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
(06-02-2014 09:39 AM)alpha male Wrote:  The mother created (technically procreated) ...Carry on.

No one stopped doing anything, secondary to your assumptions and nonsense.
More Presuppositionalism, ("procreated"). If the baby's mom is equivalent to, or can be confused with a deity, then you ahve just refuted YOURSELF, with your own point, and everything you have said about "default positions".
Provide the evidence NOW, that the process of conception through birth contains a step in which "creation" is involved or necessary. More circular arguing your position using your position. Are you every planning in getting an education ?
What exactly do you think you're doing here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
(06-02-2014 09:53 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  You made my point for me. There can be no physical proof for a risen savior
Maybe you missed it, but there's a whole lot in the Bible about faith and belief. You've made quite a NSS observation.
Quote:and yet Christians, like yourself, point to an empty tomb as "proof" of Christ's divinity.
Quote me.

You've succeeded in proving that Christianity is a faith-based religion - a point which the Bible itself freely admits. If you had been straight-forward and simply asked, "Can everything in the Bible be proven, or is some amount of faith required to be a Christian," I would have said faith is required, and saved us some time.
06-02-2014, 10:04 AM
(06-02-2014 09:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one stopped doing anything, secondary to your assumptions and nonsense.
More Presuppositionalism, ("procreated"). If the baby's mom is equivalent to, or can be confused with a deity, then you ahve just refuted YOURSELF, with your own point, and everything you have said about "default positions".
Provide the evidence NOW, that the process of conception through birth contains a step in which "creation" is involved or necessary. More circular arguing your position using your position. Are you every planning in getting an education ?
Right now I'm just letting you make a fool of yourself.
06-02-2014, 10:06 AM
(06-02-2014 10:01 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 09:53 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  You made my point for me. There can be no physical proof for a risen savior
Maybe you missed it, but there's a whole lot in the Bible about faith and belief. You've made quite a NSS observation.
Quote:and yet Christians, like yourself, point to an empty tomb as "proof" of Christ's divinity.
Quote me.

You've succeeded in proving that Christianity is a faith-based religion - a point which the Bible itself freely admits. If you had been straight-forward and simply asked, "Can everything in the Bible be proven, or is some amount of faith required to be a Christian," I would have said faith is required, and saved us some time.

So, you don't believe in an empty tomb?

If Christianity is faith based, why did Peter and John just not believe Mary?

Why did Jesus perform miracles? He asked the crowd to at least believe the miracles if they did not believe him.

Doc
06-02-2014, 10:24 AM
(06-02-2014 10:06 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, you don't believe in an empty tomb?
Yes, I do. That question is a non sequitur from what you quoted.
Quote:If Christianity is faith based, why did Peter and John just not believe Mary?
Because they didn't have enough faith. Mustard seed and mountains...
Quote:Why did Jesus perform miracles? He asked the crowd to at least believe the miracles if they did not believe him.
Again, due to lack of faith. He performed signs, but he also criticized them for their need for signs.
06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
(06-02-2014 10:04 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 09:59 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one stopped doing anything, secondary to your assumptions and nonsense.
Right now I'm just letting you make a fool of yourself.

And cannot refute anything, obviously. How sad you are. Can you do nothing but attempt "proof by assertion" ? Apparently not.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
(06-02-2014 10:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:04 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Right now I'm just letting you make a fool of yourself.

And cannot refute anything, obviously. How sad you are. Can you do nothing but attempt "proof by assertion" ? Apparently not.
I don't see that I need to refute a denial that people procreate. Tongue