CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(06-02-2014 10:30 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And cannot refute anything, obviously. How sad you are. Can you do nothing but attempt "proof by assertion" ? Apparently not.
I don't see that I need to refute a denial that people procreate. Tongue

People "reproduce". Clearly you need an education in your (supposed) own language.
Idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 10:44 AM
(06-02-2014 10:24 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:06 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, you don't believe in an empty tomb?
Yes, I do. That question is a non sequitur from what you quoted.
Quote:If Christianity is faith based, why did Peter and John just not believe Mary?
Because they didn't have enough faith. Mustard seed and mountains...
Quote:Why did Jesus perform miracles? He asked the crowd to at least believe the miracles if they did not believe him.
Again, due to lack of faith. He performed signs, but he also criticized them for their need for signs.

So, there's a double standard. If Peter and John and the populace don't have enough faith, they are provided evidence. But if I want to see some proof, I get to talk to you instead. Correct?

Doc
[+] 5 users Like docskeptic's post
06-02-2014, 10:48 AM
(06-02-2014 10:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:30 AM)alpha male Wrote:  I don't see that I need to refute a denial that people procreate. Tongue

People "reproduce". Clearly you need an education in your (supposed) own language.
Idiot.
Oh, this is rich. Please do tell, what does procreate mean, in context of a mother and baby?
06-02-2014, 11:12 AM
(06-02-2014 10:44 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, there's a double standard. If Peter and John and the populace don't have enough faith, they are provided evidence. But if I want to see some proof, I get to talk to you instead. Correct?
Correct to an extent. The Bible plainly states that God will have mercy on whom he'll have mercy, so this is another NSS point.

However, in the end faith is still needed. Resurrection is not the only explanation for an empty tomb. Many atheists correctly point out that apparent miracles do not necessarily indicate divinity - they could just be the product of advanced technology. Some of those who saw the miracles ascribed them to Satan.
06-02-2014, 11:41 AM
(06-02-2014 11:12 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:44 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, there's a double standard. If Peter and John and the populace don't have enough faith, they are provided evidence. But if I want to see some proof, I get to talk to you instead. Correct?
Correct to an extent. The Bible plainly states that God will have mercy on whom he'll have mercy, so this is another NSS point.

However, in the end faith is still needed. Resurrection is not the only explanation for an empty tomb. Many atheists correctly point out that apparent miracles do not necessarily indicate divinity - they could just be the product of advanced technology. Some of those who saw the miracles ascribed them to Satan.

Why on earth, then, are you on an atheist forum? To gloat over those on whom God will not have mercy? Your efforts so far aren't attracting any converts, are they? So God can't be using you for that purpose.

Nice God you got there. I used to have one just like it, then I gave it to the unwanted deity adoption center when it turned vicious. It's still there, if you'd like another.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
06-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Are we really arguing about where someone was buried that we aren't even sure existed in the first place? This shit makes my eye twitch.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Anjele,
Would you like an unwanted deity? He's got a dreamy expression, long wavy brown hair and dark skin. But, boy can he bite.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
(06-02-2014 11:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Are we really arguing about where someone was buried that we aren't even sure existed in the first place? This shit makes my eye twitch.

[Image: keep-calm-and-pass-the-beer-4.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-02-2014, 11:59 AM
(06-02-2014 11:41 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Why on earth, then, are you on an atheist forum? To gloat over those on whom God will not have mercy? Your efforts so far aren't attracting any converts, are they? So God can't be using you for that purpose.
Mostly because i like to argue. Somewhat in order to challenge my own beliefs, but I don't see much that's new anymore.
Quote:Nice God you got there. I used to have one just like it, then I gave it to the unwanted deity adoption center when it turned vicious. It's still there, if you'd like another.
Them grapes sure is sour! Angel
06-02-2014, 11:59 AM
(06-02-2014 11:55 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Anjele,
Would you like an unwanted deity? He's got a dreamy expression, long wavy brown hair and dark skin. But, boy can he bite.

Doc

No, he always needs money.

A

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post