CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(06-02-2014 08:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You've never "refuted" anything in your life, you delusional idiot, Zed-male.

I refuted Robbie's claim that having nothing to gain indicated exceptional trustworthiness. He even agreed with me. Now I've refuted your claim that I've never refuted anything. Hey, this is easy! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 12:01 PM
(06-02-2014 11:59 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:41 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Why on earth, then, are you on an atheist forum? To gloat over those on whom God will not have mercy? Your efforts so far aren't attracting any converts, are they? So God can't be using you for that purpose.
Mostly because i like to argue. Somewhat in order to challenge my own beliefs, but I don't see much that's new anymore.
Quote:Nice God you got there. I used to have one just like it, then I gave it to the unwanted deity adoption center when it turned vicious. It's still there, if you'd like another.
Them grapes sure is sour! Angel

Yeah, he was sour. You keep him.
Doc
06-02-2014, 12:06 PM
(06-02-2014 11:59 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:41 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  Why on earth, then, are you on an atheist forum? To gloat over those on whom God will not have mercy? Your efforts so far aren't attracting any converts, are they? So God can't be using you for that purpose.
Mostly because i like to argue. Somewhat in order to challenge my own beliefs, but

Why challenge your beliefs? Not satisfied with the God you got? Think there's a better one out there?

Doc
06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
(06-02-2014 12:06 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Why challenge your beliefs? Not satisfied with the God you got? Think there's a better one out there?
I challenge them because I am satisfied, and that can lead to complacency. Also so I have answers ready IRL.
06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
(06-02-2014 12:13 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 12:06 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Why challenge your beliefs? Not satisfied with the God you got? Think there's a better one out there?
I challenge them because I am satisfied, and that can lead to complacency. Also so I have answers ready IRL.

I see. And the only way to do that is to argue with atheists? Why not discuss it with your fellow believers instead?

And what does complacency lead to? Loss of salvation? Loss of rewards? Do insults and snark count as answers?

I don't think you're reading your Bible, my friend. Here, let me give you a quote,

(2 Timothy 2:16)
But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,

So, you're personally responsible for all our apostasy with your irreverent babble. Your time might be better spent elsewhere, like searching for Christ's tomb.

Doc
06-02-2014, 12:50 PM
(06-02-2014 12:40 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  I see. And the only way to do that is to argue with atheists? Why not discuss it with your fellow believers instead?
Er, because talking with people with like beliefs is generally not an effective way to challenge one's beliefs. People with opposing beliefs are much better for challenging one's beliefs. That's kinda obvious, don't you think?
Quote:And what does complacency lead to? Loss of salvation?
No.
Quote:Loss of rewards?
Possibly.
Quote:Do insults and snark count as answers?
Depends on the situation.
Quote:I don't think you're reading your Bible, my friend. Here, let me give you a quote,

(2 Timothy 2:16)
But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,

So, you're personally responsible for all our apostasy with your irreverent babble.
Good thing I have a savior!
Quote:Your time might be better spent elsewhere, like searching for Christ's tomb.

Doc
Aw, can't let it go, can you? Angel
06-02-2014, 01:00 PM
(06-02-2014 12:50 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Aw, can't let it go, can you? Angel

Nope. It's the tilte of the thread, if you missed it. Where is it?

Doc
06-02-2014, 01:55 PM
ACT 2, SCENE 1. TAKE 3

Camera pans in slowly from the left and focuses on Doc.

Doc (to Alphamale): Leave now and never come back.

Alphamale (surprised): What did you say?

Doc (more forcefully): Leave now and never come back! (Voice rising) Leave now and NEVER COME BACK!

Sudden silence

Doc peers around apprehensively. Seeing nothing, he suddenly leaps and twirls in the air. "Gone! He's gone, precious! We told him to leave and away he goes!" Laughing and shouting, Doc continues to dance and twirl in the air.

FADE SCENE (with menacing music playing low in the background).
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
If we're going to the movies, I'll choose a line from Steven Seagal in Under Siege:

What kind of babbling bullshit is this?
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
(05-02-2014 03:16 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
Quote:I do have a question though. When you accuse someone of being a liar, who is clearly just playing games to demonstrate the absurdity of your position...what does that say about your honesty?
As I gave support for my accusations, it says I'm honest.

Sorry, but no it doesn't We both knew I was playing a game, and so you knew I was not lying, but proceeded to call me a liar anyway. That makes you a dishonest douchbag. Drinking Beverage

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.