CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
His tomb is where a small village that desires a boost in local tourism is.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
28-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Not only are there several places in the Middle East that people assert was the original tomb, there are several places around the world. A number of religions believe that he escaped the crucifixion and moved to India, Japan, America, etc. where he died sometime later. At least one New Testament scholar [I think his name is Crossan but I'm not sure] believes that Jesus's body was eaten by dogs, vultures, and other scavengers and never made it to a tomb.
28-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Re: RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(28-01-2014 05:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  His tomb is where a small village that desires a boost in local tourism is.

You know one of his tombs is in Kashmir in northern India.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Phil Hill's post
28-01-2014, 07:14 PM
I was hoping for a reply from a Christian saying something along the lines of,

I believe in a risen Christ because his tomb is at coordinates X,Y and I know it's his 'cause scratched into the tomb walls in foot deep gouges is the phrase 'J.C. wuz here',

...or some such. Anyone?

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
28-01-2014, 07:23 PM
(28-01-2014 07:14 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  I was hoping for a reply from a Christian saying something along the lines of,

I believe in a risen Christ because his tomb is at coordinates X,Y and I know it's his 'cause scratched into the tomb walls in foot deep gouges is the phrase 'J.C. wuz here',

...or some such. Anyone?

Doc

[Image: Follow-Me-Bring-Beer-Custom-Flip-Flops.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 4 users Like Crulax's post
28-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Re: RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(28-01-2014 07:14 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  I was hoping for a reply from a Christian saying something along the lines of,

...or some such. Anyone?

Doc

Funny story, in the 13th century (maybe 12th), some of the vikings from Sweden (the Rus) were the bodyguards for the royal family in Constantinople. In one of the mosques there up in the balcony where they sat bored during the religious service, one of them left his mark in runes he carved into the railing that says "Hrothgar was here". True story and much more interesting than this Jesus crap.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Phil Hill's post
28-01-2014, 07:34 PM
hard to find a tomb for someone that didn't exist.

"No one has the slightest physical evidence to support a historical Jesus; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, or self-written manuscripts. All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people. There occurs no contemporary Roman record that shows Pontius Pilate executing a man named Jesus. Devastating to historians, there occurs not a single contemporary writing that mentions Jesus. All documents about Jesus came well after the life of the alleged Jesus from either: unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings. Although one can argue that many of these writings come from fraud or interpolations, I will use the information and dates to show that even if these sources did not come from interpolations, they could still not serve as reliable evidence for a historical Jesus, simply because all sources about Jesus derive from hearsay accounts."

http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Of course goodwithoutgod is absolutely correct. But recognition of those facts takes all the fun out of atheism. I prefer to argue with believers by telling them that their understanding of the resurrection is wrong because Jesus came to the USA and engaged with the Nephites and Laminites. He was buried in Texas. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
28-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Jesus in Texas? Naw, cain't be.
28-01-2014, 09:21 PM
(28-01-2014 09:14 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Jesus in Texas? Naw, cain't be.

Maybe he's there to kill super devil.Consider

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]