CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(28-01-2014 10:39 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 09:56 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  I believe they have several of his tombs.... which is a problem right there.

Details, please. Thanks.
Doc

Let's see.... there's the Church of the Holy Sepulchre which seems to have been a pagan temple in the 2d century and then there is the Garden Tomb, which protestant fuckwits decided was the one because they didn't want to share the other with Catholics and Greek Orthodox fuckwits.

Then there is the Talpiot Tomb which is just a figment of the imagination of noted crackpot Simcha Jocobovici.

Not bad for a guy who never existed in the first place.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2014, 09:30 PM
(28-01-2014 09:42 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, a short discussion on another thread got me thinking - no mean feat (thanks, Escape Artist!)

Christians often claim that they worship a risen savior. My question is: Where's his empty tomb and how do they know its his?

Doc

He never went to a tomb at all. In fact, he's still alive. I just caught the bastard dumpster-diving out in the back alley, for Christ's sake!

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 3 users Like Free's post
29-01-2014, 05:58 AM
(28-01-2014 09:42 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  So, a short discussion on another thread got me thinking - no mean feat (thanks, Escape Artist!)

Christians often claim that they worship a risen savior. My question is: Where's his empty tomb and how do they know its his?

Doc

Yeah they'll just say they've got the inner witness of the holy ghost. I've got family friends that have been all the way to Israel. They were even shown the armour that king David wore. They don't consider that it could be a genius money bringing scheme.

Ain't much you can argue with a theist simply because the way we perceive reality is different

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
29-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Street preachers do not rate tombs. Silly. Even sillier is expecting Christians to answer this on an atheist forum. We don't get "Christians" here, we get KC, and we get trolls. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-01-2014, 06:31 AM

Doc

http://www.bibleistrue.com/qna/tomb1.jpg

is possibly a reasonable likeness of a tomb with a round stone in front of it. I live in the eastern Mediterranean and there are tombs built into the rocks around here. It was a common practice.
29-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Delta,
Thanks for the post. I will assume that you are a Christian.

You did not answer the OP. How do you know that this is Christ's tomb? The text from the site where you got the pic says this:

"Question: The tomb where Jesus was buried... Where is it? What does it look like? Is there a picture of the tomb? Can you visit the burial site of Jesus?

Answer: It would be really nice if I could tell you that the photo below is of the tomb that Jesus once was laid in. Though this tomb, well outside of Jerusalem, serves as a great example of a first century burial place, that's all it is... a great example."

Nowhere in the entire site does it claim that anyone knows where Christ's tomb is. So, once again, where is Christ's tomb and how do you know it's his? Or is this something you take on faith?

Regards,

Doc
31-01-2014, 05:20 PM
(28-01-2014 05:10 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 05:01 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Wow Bucky, I can't believe that never occurred to me, but it's an excellent point. Why would Jesus have been given a special tomb? In my believing days, I had always imagined it to be like a cave in which Jesus was placed and the opening then covered with a boulder. But caves had to be hard to come by. Surely they would have been reserved for emperors or high officials, if anyone at all. Thanks, I'm going to remember to bring this up to my relatives next time they insist on a discussion.

According to the gospel story, the tomb belonged to Joseph of Aramathea. Who conveniently enough in the Greek is the grandfather of the Jewish traitor Josephus.

Really? I haven't heard that before. Source?
31-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Re: RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(31-01-2014 05:20 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 05:10 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  According to the gospel story, the tomb belonged to Joseph of Aramathea. Who conveniently enough in the Greek is the grandfather of the Jewish traitor Josephus.

Not one but two. The Greek in Mark used as Joseph of Arimathea was the exact same as the Greek text in Josephus life for the grandfather. Gimme a few and I'll get the exact words used and verses.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 05:29 PM
(31-01-2014 05:25 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:20 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Really? I haven't heard that before. Source?

Not one but two. The Greek in Mark used as Joseph of Arimathea was the exact same as the Greek text in Josephus life for the grandfather. Gimme a few and I'll get the exact words used and verses.

now that's interesting...thanks!
31-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Re: RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(31-01-2014 05:20 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 05:10 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  According to the gospel story, the tomb belonged to Joseph of Aramathea. Who conveniently enough in the Greek is the grandfather of the Jewish traitor Josephus.

Here you go.

In Mark 15:43 the Greek used for Joseph of Aramathea was Joseph apo Arimathias which was clearly taken word for word for the genealogy of Josephus in section 1 of Life. Which translated roughly says Joseph begat Matthias yet it made a better story to use Josephus grandfather in the bogus crucifixion story that was witnessed by Josephus who wasn’t born yet?

Using Tapatalk