CHRIST'S TOMB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: CHRIST'S TOMB
(05-02-2014 06:09 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 05:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I have several friends here who will back me up. I could have sworn I already mentioned my eyewitnesses. No?
Yes, you mentioned it. If the Bible were a single source which said it had friends who would back it up if necessary, you'd have a valid analogy. But it isn't a single source which says it has friends that will back it up if necessary, so again, your attempted analogy fails.

If you had, say, a Christian poster who's your enemy and they backed you up, that would be decent support, and would be somewhat analogous to Paul changing from persecutor of Christianity to Christian evangelist.

I know a Christian Pastor, his name is John Smith. He lives right down the street from me and we get into debates all the time and hate each other's guts. But while we might hate each other, he too has seen cjlr's bridge and can attest to both it's existence and awesomeness (because he is an honest guy and he believes in Jebus just like you)! Just take my word on it, both Pastor Smith and the bridge do exist.

So when can we start negotiating price? I think 10% of your future income sounds about right...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2014, 09:41 AM
(05-02-2014 09:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I know a Christian Pastor, his name is John Smith. He lives right down the street from me and we get into debates all the time and hate each other's guts. But while we might hate each other, he too has seen cjlr's bridge and can attest to both it's existence and awesomeness (because he is an honest guy and he believes in Jebus just like you)! Just take my word on it, both Pastor Smith and the bridge do exist.

I also hate cjlr, but I hereby swear that his bridge exists and is truly awesome, and also, John Smith was once seen fishing on the bridge, so that double proves it.

I feel I'm entitled to a cut of the 10%, because I have confirmed these facts.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 3 users Like toadaly's post
05-02-2014, 10:19 AM
(04-02-2014 11:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed, for I too have both seen the bridge and can attest to cjlr's truthfulness; and since you know I'm real you can trust me too.

(05-02-2014 09:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I know a Christian Pastor, his name is John Smith. He lives right down the street from me and we get into debates all the time and hate each other's guts. But while we might hate each other, he too has seen cjlr's bridge and can attest to both it's existence and awesomeness (because he is an honest guy and he believes in Jebus just like you)! Just take my word on it, both Pastor Smith and the bridge do exist.

So when can we start negotiating price? I think 10% of your future income sounds about right...

(05-02-2014 09:41 AM)toadaly Wrote:  I also hate cjlr, but I hereby swear that his bridge exists and is truly awesome, and also, John Smith was once seen fishing on the bridge, so that double proves it.

My friends, enemies, and acquiantences alike all agree.

I totally have a bridge to sell you, alpha male.

Do you want to buy it?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-02-2014, 10:20 AM
(05-02-2014 07:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 03:42 PM)alpha male Wrote:  From the gospel accounts, silly. Blink

The gospels are not "accounts".
They are "proclamations" of faith. By believers. To believers. For believers. For use in liturgical services/ceremonies. Assembled in a culture that had no notion of "objectivity" as we think of it today. A culture where magic and miracles and dying and rising gods, and divine beings were seen everywhere.
In no way do they qualify as "accounts". Fairy tales, maybe.

Or they are propaganda written by people who know it isn't true to the gullible to make them believers.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
05-02-2014, 10:30 AM
(04-02-2014 04:25 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 01:17 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I don't think that the NT Jesus is explained best as a godman who was resurrected. I also don't think that just saying it was all a myth explains it. That would suggest it was a Harry Potter type character, entirely made up and nobody noticed.

Suppose you're right, and Jesus was originally a Harry Potter character. How do you know that no-one noticed?

...of course, most mythicists don't claim Jesus was an intentionally invented fictional character anyway (some do, such as Atwill).

I am not saying he was a Harry Potter character. I don't think he was. I think he was a fictionalization of a real person.

The big issue according to Atwill was that the Romans were having huge difficulty subduing Judea. He says they usually co-opted the pagan gods of the tribes they conquered but they just couldn't do it with the Jews whose religion was too strong. So, they destroyed Jerusalem, beat the Jews and then set about subduing the Jews by writing up a religion based on a Jewish leader and then forced it on everyone as the new Imperial Cult because they rewrote this new simple Judaism as pro-Roman.

The strength of the religion is born out by the fact that it became the largest religion in the world.
05-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Quote:I've never yet seen someone lie to increase their taxes.

I have. The idiot filed a fraudulent tax return to overstate his income so he could qualify for a mortgage with a bank. He figured he would then amend it later. I got to be the one to tell him that it wasn't that easy. It was my second day on the job after training and I heard myself saying to him...."so let me get this straight. You committed tax fraud so you could owe more?" [ I was wondering what I had gotten myself into at that point. ]

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
05-02-2014, 11:35 AM
(05-02-2014 08:05 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  I don't even need physical confirmation, in that I don't personally need to visit his tomb. I just need to know where it is. An "I don't know" is acceptable if you really don't know.
OK, I don't know. If that's acceptable, what was your original point?
Quote:You don't believe in Lilliput or Lemuria or Atlantis even though they are "written geographical references", do you? Why make an exception in this case?
Doc
Lilliput, no, as it was written as fiction.

Never heard of Lemuria.

I haven't studied Atlantis enough to have an opinion.
05-02-2014, 11:42 AM
(05-02-2014 11:35 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 08:05 AM)docskeptic Wrote:  I don't even need physical confirmation, in that I don't personally need to visit his tomb. I just need to know where it is. An "I don't know" is acceptable if you really don't know.
OK, I don't know. If that's acceptable, what was your original point?

So, you believe in an empty tomb but you have no idea where it is and if it is indeed empty. Talk about being gullible.
And you don't want to find out if it is true. Talk about being lazy.

That's my point.

Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
05-02-2014, 11:58 AM
(05-02-2014 09:41 AM)toadaly Wrote:  

I also hate cjlr, but I hereby swear that his bridge exists and is truly awesome, and also, John Smith was once seen fishing on the bridge, so that double proves it.

I too hate cjlr and toadaly. I was called at pastor John's house for spiritual guidance and his wife said he was down at his beloved bridge fishing from it for one last time because the mean spirited cjlr was planning on selling it. I walked down to the bridge to speak with him and saw a strange guy watching him. The guy noticed me and said 'Hi, my names toadaly' ... He then stuck his hand to his ear with his thumb and finger extended pretending to be on a call. He then looked straight at me and said 'hey mate, David Hasslehoff is on the phone, he wants his shit hair cut back' and he walked away LAUGHING! I don't mind telling you a part of me died that day, you see, I had been saving my pocket money for weeks and only the day before had finally amassed enough money to invest in what I thought was a killer perm! It was full bodied, voluminous with beautiful even tight curls nestled upon my crown in magnificent splendour. I was so hurt and still am, I remember that day like it was only yesterday but in reality it was as long ago as Saturday.

Toadaly, I hate you.
cjlr, John loves that bridge, I can't believe you'd do something like that.
John, I don't know if you come on here but if you do, I apologise for not speaking to you on Saturday. I am sure you understand but after speaking to toadaly I ran home crying.

Mate, please just buy the damn bridge. The sooner it's out of our lives, the sooner we can all move on.

Do I get a cut from the sale? Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
05-02-2014, 12:06 PM
(05-02-2014 09:41 AM)toadaly Wrote:  I also hate cjlr,
Your support of him indicates otherwise.