CIA analyst quits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 04:30 PM
CIA analyst quits
Quote:CIA analyst Edward Price has quit after nearly 15 years at the agency, saying he cannot "in good faith" serve under President Donald Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/...mp-ath.cnn

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-02-2017, 05:22 PM
RE: CIA analyst quits
Lol

[Image: oscar.png]
21-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Good for him. Unfortunately the more people with integrity leave the more spots trumplethinskin can fill with sycophants and stooges

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
21-02-2017, 05:50 PM
He probably performed an analysis on how fucked we are and got out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
21-02-2017, 06:01 PM
His resignation was immediately made out to be a purely political move, without giving any credibility to the idea that he quit for ethical reasons.
I think it's very telling that he (the commentator) couldn't fathom Price's quitting for anything other than personal or political gain.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-02-2017, 06:04 PM
(21-02-2017 05:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  He probably performed an analysis on how fucked we are and got out.

The contents of said report was one word: Very.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
21-02-2017, 06:19 PM
(21-02-2017 06:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  His resignation was immediately made out to be a purely political move, without giving any credibility to the idea that he quit for ethical reasons.
I think it's very telling that he (the commentator) couldn't fathom Price's quitting for anything other than personal or political gain.

Which is silly - he worked under Bush and was a big fan.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-02-2017, 06:27 PM
(21-02-2017 06:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 06:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  His resignation was immediately made out to be a purely political move, without giving any credibility to the idea that he quit for ethical reasons.

Which is silly - he worked under Bush and was a big fan.

They'll lie their asses off in an attempt to discredit someone. Learning from how Trump operates.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-02-2017, 07:24 PM
I think that his resignation was pretty short-sighted. If he otherwise enjoyed his job, he should have stayed. In only a few years, he'd be looking at the asshole of some other lead dog.
22-02-2017, 08:29 PM
(21-02-2017 05:41 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Good for him. Unfortunately the more people with integrity leave the more spots trumplethinskin can fill with sycophants and stooges
That is the conundrum. I recall reading about career military people worrying before the election, about this very question. Some couldn't stomach Trump and feared they would be asked to do things contrary to their conscience and moral convictions; others fretted about abandoning the military to stooges and sycophants and the incompetent.

I think it's a little different in the military, though, where you can't quit whenever you want and have to follow orders / chain of command, and being employed by the government, where you can quit when you want and practice creative disobedience in the meantime.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post