CIA releases documents on Iran coup.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2013, 06:27 PM
CIA releases documents on Iran coup.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23762970

In the 50's Iranians voted for a secular leader by unanimous vote. However, the guy they voted For was too progressive and didn't want Iran to be the bitch of the west. Soooo he had to go. The CIA orchestrated and carried out a coup and put their bitch in power.

What were the strategies used to carry out this coup? One was through the press, like say....claiming a guy attacked his own people, attempting to create more anger against him. (Syria-chemical weapons).

Another method was paying people to beat up both pro and anti Iranian president demonstrators, wedging in cracks and using the chaos to create instability. (Snipers in Syria and Egypt seen firing on both sides of protesters).
The coups of the past use very similar strategies as the coups today. Only.....it's a conspiracy theory until Uncle Sam shoots it in your mouth and releases docs, as the case with the coup in Iran.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like I and I's post
20-08-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: CIA releases documents on Iran coup.
(20-08-2013 06:27 PM)I and I Wrote:  In the 50's Iranians voted for a secular leader by unanimous vote.

Unanimous. That must be why the National Front (Mosaddegh's party) didn't win majorities in either the 1950 or 1952 parliamentary elections, and why he was named as prime minister by a 79-12 vote of said parliament. Unanimous. That must be why Mosaddegh dissolved both houses of the legislature after having himself voted extraordinary powers. Unanimous.

Shit, if I didn't know better, I'd almost start to think history had more than one dimension.

(20-08-2013 06:27 PM)I and I Wrote:  The coups of the past use very similar strategies as the coups today. Only.....it's a conspiracy theory until Uncle Sam shoots it in your mouth and releases docs, as the case with the coup in Iran.

American (and, y'know, British - are you too obsessed with cock to drop a line about Brittania's cooch in there too?) involvement in Iran has been an open secret for decades. Like, literally everybody already knew this.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
20-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Hey. Be nice. I and I cited a reputable source today! He had to go back to the 50's to do it, but that is hardly his fault either.

...and he is right, what are the chances that the US/CIA has abandoned the Wolfowitz Doctrine and been sitting on it's collective ass all these years? Far more likely they have been capping people to put drug lords in power in South America and staging coups in the Mideast.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
20-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Surely there was no one in the world who did not already know this?
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
20-08-2013, 07:13 PM
(20-08-2013 06:58 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Surely there was no one in the world who did not already know this?

Let the kiddie have his joyride, he thinks he's opening eyes here. It's cute.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
20-08-2013, 07:16 PM
(20-08-2013 06:56 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  ... and staging coups in the Mideast.

Sure, because it's not like most coups there tended anti western.

Oh, sure, they (by which I mean the United States and friends) did plenty of shit in other places, all right. But between the Iranian aftermath, Suez, and the Israeli realignment they pretty much washed their hands of the mideast for decades.

20-08-2013, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2013 07:45 PM by ridethespiral.)
(20-08-2013 07:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 06:56 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  ... and staging coups in the Mideast.

Sure, because it's not like most coups there tended anti western.

Oh, sure, they (by which I mean the United States and friends) did plenty of shit in other places, all right. But between the Iranian aftermath, Suez, and the Israeli realignment they pretty much washed their hands of the mideast for decades.

lol I see what you did there.

Iran Contra?

Didn't we have something to do with a guy named Saddam until he went rogue in 1990? Billions in aid to Israel(Truman doctrine is the other tine on the fork)? Funding and training Al'Qaeda?

...and just because a leader is anti-US on the surface does not mean they are behind closed doors, nor does it mean that they where always anti-US. Saddam was a tool of the US until Kuwait. Noreaga was all buddy buddy until everyone got pissy about the canal.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Cool. "You are crazy, everyone knew this" and "you are crazy for believing in conspiracy theories, where is your evidence" are stances that can be held at the same time when demonizing anti-western history.
20-08-2013, 07:42 PM
(20-08-2013 07:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  Cool. "You are crazy, everyone knew this" and "you are crazy for believing in conspiracy theories, where is your evidence" are stances that can be held at the same time when demonizing anti-western history.

Shit, son. It's almost like different events must be treated... differently.

Cool

20-08-2013, 07:46 PM
(20-08-2013 07:37 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Iran Contra?

Didn't we have something to do with a guy named Sadam until he went rogue in 1990? Billions in aid to Israel(Truman doctrine is the other tine on the fork)? Funding and training Al'Qaeda?

...and just because a leader is anti-US on the surface does not mean they are behind closed doors, nor does it mean that they where always anti-US. Sadam was a tool of the US until Kuwait? Noreaga was all buddy buddy until everyone got pissy about the canal.

I mentioned Israel. But those things aren't regime change along the lines of Iran 53, they're desperately throwing aid hand over foot to whoever's looking most cross-eyed at the Soviets.

(also I did say 'decades' - I was perhaps insufficiently clear, but I had in mind about 20-odd years, ie through the 70s, and the events you allude to were generally 1980s phenomena Tongue)