CIA releases documents on Iran coup.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: CIA releases documents on Iran coup.
(20-08-2013 07:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 07:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  Cool. "You are crazy, everyone knew this" and "you are crazy for believing in conspiracy theories, where is your evidence" are stances that can be held at the same time when demonizing anti-western history.

Shit, son. It's almost like different events must be treated... differently.

Cool

Shit son, it's almost like you believe a person is crazy for believing in "conspiracy theories" and for having evidence to back up those beliefs. Shit son, it's like your mental gymnastics have people for being crazy no matter what the reason for believing in anti-u.s. History. It's like you suck uncle sans cock son.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2013, 07:58 PM
(20-08-2013 07:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Shit son, it's almost like you believe a person is crazy for believing in "conspiracy theories" and for having evidence to back up those beliefs. Shit son, it's like your mental gymnastics have people for being crazy no matter what the reason for believing in anti-u.s. History. It's like you suck uncle sans cock son.

All right, I and I, the question was, "things I and I will say in his response?" Your answer was, "cock". Let's see if it's on the board.

82! That's the number one answer!

Except seriously now. The US is responsible for some things. It is not responsible for all things. This distinction seems to elude you.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
20-08-2013, 07:58 PM
(20-08-2013 07:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 07:37 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Iran Contra?

Didn't we have something to do with a guy named Sadam until he went rogue in 1990? Billions in aid to Israel(Truman doctrine is the other tine on the fork)? Funding and training Al'Qaeda?

...and just because a leader is anti-US on the surface does not mean they are behind closed doors, nor does it mean that they where always anti-US. Sadam was a tool of the US until Kuwait? Noreaga was all buddy buddy until everyone got pissy about the canal.

I mentioned Israel. But those things aren't regime change along the lines of Iran 53, they're desperately throwing aid hand over foot to whoever's looking most cross-eyed at the Soviets.

(also I did say 'decades' - I was perhaps insufficiently clear, but I had in mind about 20-odd years, ie through the 70s, and the events you allude to were generally 1980s phenomena Tongue)

Not really digging deep down (don't feel like writing a research paper here) but http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz...tions.html

Lebanon 58', Iraq 63', Egypt 56' ..but yeah the late 60's early 70's are a little more quite in the middle east (maybe because we where busy lighting most of East Asia on fire and mucking around with the banana republics?)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2013, 08:10 PM
(20-08-2013 07:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 07:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Shit son, it's almost like you believe a person is crazy for believing in "conspiracy theories" and for having evidence to back up those beliefs. Shit son, it's like your mental gymnastics have people for being crazy no matter what the reason for believing in anti-u.s. History. It's like you suck uncle sans cock son.

All right, I and I, the question was, "things I and I will say in his response?" Your answer was, "cock". Let's see if it's on the board.

82! That's the number one answer!

Except seriously now. The US is responsible for some things. It is not responsible for all things. This distinction seems to elude you.

The u.s. Was responsible for the coup in Iran. You seem to not want to discuss that, instead trying to gloss over it with "well they aren't responsible for everything"
20-08-2013, 08:15 PM
(20-08-2013 08:10 PM)I and I Wrote:  The u.s. Was responsible for the coup in Iran. You seem to not want to discuss that, instead trying to gloss over it with "well they aren't responsible for everything"

Yes. They were (with the British). Now it is official, but it was already widely known. Have you forgotten my first post already?

(20-08-2013 06:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  American (and, y'know, British - are you too obsessed with cock to drop a line about Brittania's cooch in there too?) involvement in Iran has been an open secret for decades. Like, literally everybody already knew this.

21-08-2013, 12:00 PM
I and I, not clear about your point as frequently happens with me. CIA involvement in the 1953 Iran coup has been well known for some time. You would have to be really ignorant of american world affairs to not know this. The only new news is that the CIA has finally released documents indicating the internal discussions that led to their involvement.

That the US has been inviting or even instigating coups world wide since the end of world war 2, is a well known fact. This fact does not therefore mean all coups world wide are the result of US actions.

Two facts in the case of Syria stand out that lead me to believe the US involvement is minimal. One it has gone on so long, usually US involved coups are quite short in duration. Two there is only very limited US economic interest in Syria.

I am waiting for the CIA to release documents confirming their known involvement with the death squads in various south and central american countries. I am not holding my breath.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
21-08-2013, 12:08 PM
An actual legitimate conspiracy about a government coup...that is absolutely no surprise at all.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the CIA was also involved in other places...like the Democratic Republic of Congo, Brazil, Guatemala, you know what...let me just put this here

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/20...cked_coups

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
22-08-2013, 05:41 AM
My bad guys, I added him to my Skype, I probably reminded him TTA was a thing.

btw, you're an idiot I&I.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-08-2013, 05:46 AM
(21-08-2013 12:00 PM)JAH Wrote:  I and I, not clear about your point as frequently happens with me. CIA involvement in the 1953 Iran coup has been well known for some time. You would have to be really ignorant of american world affairs to not know this. The only new news is that the CIA has finally released documents indicating the internal discussions that led to their involvement.

That the US has been inviting or even instigating coups world wide since the end of world war 2, is a well known fact. This fact does not therefore mean all coups world wide are the result of US actions.

Two facts in the case of Syria stand out that lead me to believe the US involvement is minimal. One it has gone on so long, usually US involved coups are quite short in duration. Two there is only very limited US economic interest in Syria.

I am waiting for the CIA to release documents confirming their known involvement with the death squads in various south and central american countries. I am not holding my breath.

you seem to be confused about the type of people on this forum. They jack off to "there is no evidence" and constantly decry EVERY FUCKING CLAIM of U.S. involvement in coups to be just wacky conspiracy theories.

Now the "there is no evidence" line can't be used.
22-08-2013, 07:00 AM
(22-08-2013 05:46 AM)I and I Wrote:  you seem to be confused about the type of people on this forum. They jack off to "there is no evidence" and constantly decry EVERY FUCKING CLAIM of U.S. involvement in coups to be just wacky conspiracy theories.

Now the "there is no evidence" line can't be used.

Well, you know. Except the ones there is evidence for. Like this one. Which there was evidence for even prior to the last couple days. And we all acknowledged that.

I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but "believing claims when there is evidence of them and not believing claims when there isn't" is actually a rather logically sound attitude.