CIRCUMCISION!!! >_<

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Shocked CIRCUMCISION!!! >_<
Hi! I'm from the Philippines (who proudly states: "the only catholic country in Asia"). I am happily married to a devout Jehovah's Witness. My wife may be a bit (or a lot) cuckoo on her beliefs, but overall she's a nice gal. There are only a handful of us atheists here.

I am raised as a catholic and circumcision is part of our culture. If you reached
puberty and you're not yet circumcised, your peers will make fun of you. It's a machismo thing.

I myself am circumcised.
My parents decided on it and I had no choice in the matter.
Then I became an atheist, skeptic, rationalist, whatever you wanna call it.

Circumcision is genital mutilation that's rooted in religion. They may justify that it's for hygienic purposes or whatever, but bottom line is it's genital mutilation. I've seen the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode about it.

My dilemma is I have a 5 year old son.
Should I have him circumcised?
I don't believe in it, but we live in a society where uncircumcised dick is frowned upon. I don't want his future girlfriend to laugh at him when they're about to do their sexy time.

Aside from moving to Europe, what advice can you give me? How will you attack this situation if you're in my shoes? Undecided

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Shoegazer's post
06-04-2016, 04:28 AM
RE: CIRCUMCISION!!! >_<
No to circumcision. It sucks that your culture will make fun of him, but bottomline is it needs to be his choice if it's his body.
[+] 3 users Like Gilgamesh's post
06-04-2016, 04:34 AM
Don't do it.

Teach him how to deal with peers as he gets older ...

From: "My parents wanted me to choose what to do with my own body" to "Why do you think that genital mutilation is acceptable?"

The Philippines will be one of the last countries that frees itself from the RCC yoke thanks to its Spanish then Murikan overlords (luckier to have been invaded by the Brits, like Singapore) but change will happen thanks to the internet and legislation like the RH Law which will slowly start the process of emancipation.

As he gets older, it will be (I hope) less of an issue and perhaps he won't be the only one.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-04-2016, 05:18 AM
Wait, why do your peers ridicule you for that? Like, how do they even know?

person 1: "haha, your dick isn't circumcised"
person 2: "what? were you looking at my dick, you gay or something?"
everyone else: "haha, person 1 is gay!"

Problem solved, go back to eating your rotten eggs.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
06-04-2016, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure if I would have my child (if I had one) circumcised or not. I have heard there are some health benefits to it. If I did decide to have my child circumcised, it would be solely for the health benefit and not due to cultural pressure or religious thinking. I think it's important to teach your son to be confident in himself and a freethinker. Make decisions based on your son's best interest and not based on what society would like.

As far as bedroom activities go with a bf, I don't care if he's circumcised or not. Just my two cents as a woman Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-04-2016, 07:23 AM
Leave the decision to him. If he wants to have it done when he's an adult, he can.
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post
06-04-2016, 07:41 AM
(06-04-2016 04:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The Philippines will be one of the last countries that frees itself from the RCC yoke thanks to its Spanish then Murikan overlords (luckier to have been invaded by the Brits, like Singapore) but change will happen thanks to the internet and legislation like the RH Law which will slowly start the process of emancipation.

How true.

Something as basic as the RH law had a hard time to get passed because the catholic church has a stronghold in our country.

I think we're one of the only two remaining countries that still doesn't have divorce law. I think the other one is Atlantis.

Anyways, I hope the internet does its job faster and lead us into emancipation asap.

We are soooooo third world, dude. We need to catch up. Facepalm

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes The Shoegazer's post
06-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Had it done for medical reasons aged nine never regretted it being done. Don't miss it proud to be cut, zero chance of smegma with no effortTongue Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-04-2016, 08:31 AM
If it's for a medical reason, that can wait until they're of age to make the decision themselves. It's not like someone who's uncircumsized is somehow going to have a much more difficult life. It is in no way a necessary procedure.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
06-04-2016, 08:50 AM
You may have a legal right but not a moral one to whack off bits of your son's penis. Leave it be. If he chooses to do that as an adult that's on him.

27yrs ago it was rare that boys were left intact. I didn't care, I did the research, talked with my doctor and our pediatrician and chose no to unnecessary surgery. My son thinks his penis is just great. lol

Let him make his own choice just make sure he knows about good hygiene and why it's important.

Welcome!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post