CIRCUMCISION!!! >_<

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: CIRCUMCISION!!! >_<
(06-04-2016 03:54 AM)The Shoegazer Wrote:  Hi! I'm from the Philippines (who proudly states: "the only catholic country in Asia"). I am happily married to a devout Jehovah's Witness. My wife may be a bit (or a lot) cuckoo on her beliefs, but overall she's a nice gal. There are only a handful of us atheists here.

I am raised as a catholic and circumcision is part of our culture. If you reached
puberty and you're not yet circumcised, your peers will make fun of you. It's a machismo thing.

I myself am circumcised.
My parents decided on it and I had no choice in the matter.
Then I became an atheist, skeptic, rationalist, whatever you wanna call it.

Circumcision is genital mutilation that's rooted in religion. They may justify that it's for hygienic purposes or whatever, but bottom line is it's genital mutilation. I've seen the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode about it.

My dilemma is I have a 5 year old son.
Should I have him circumcised?
I don't believe in it, but we live in a society where uncircumcised dick is frowned upon. I don't want his future girlfriend to laugh at him when they're about to do their sexy time.

Aside from moving to Europe, what advice can you give me? How will you attack this situation if you're in my shoes? Undecided

No. Don't do it. Wait till hes old enough to make his own informed decision.

As for being made fun of, just teach him to ignore it. Boys are ridiculous.

I cant think of a single woman i know who "makes fun" of uncut penis. It might be slightly shocking at first sight, but as long as it can do its job who cares?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2016, 02:39 PM
(06-04-2016 03:54 AM)The Shoegazer Wrote:  Hi! I'm from the Philippines (who proudly states: "the only catholic country in Asia"). I am happily married to a devout Jehovah's Witness. My wife may be a bit (or a lot) cuckoo on her beliefs, but overall she's a nice gal. There are only a handful of us atheists here.

I am raised as a catholic and circumcision is part of our culture. If you reached
puberty and you're not yet circumcised, your peers will make fun of you. It's a machismo thing.

I myself am circumcised.

Circumcision is genital mutilation that's rooted in religion. They may justify that it's for hygienic purposes or whatever, but bottom line is it's genital mutilation. I've seen the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode about it.

I don't believe in it, but we live in a society where uncircumcised dick is frowned upon. I don't want his future girlfriend to laugh at him when they're about to do their sexy time.

Aside from moving to Europe, what advice can you give me? How will you attack this situation if you're in my shoes? Undecided

Here in America it's very similar circumstance. Being a former Catholic I too had no choice in the matter. There was a time when it may have been done for hygienic purposes but now with people showering everyday, it's not necessary.

There has also been findings that doing so, the man will loose sensitivity. I have no grounds for comparison personally.

We can all thank John Harvey Kellogg for pushing this practice here in the states. Yes, the founder of Kellogg's corn flakes (sort of). He really pushed for circomsisations because he wanted people to masturbate less. I can tell you that part of his plan didn't work.

My advice. Avoid the whole thing. Your son will thank you for it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
06-04-2016, 03:16 PM
(06-04-2016 02:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

I myself am circumcised.

Here in America it's very similar circumstance. Being a former Catholic I too had no choice in the matter. There was a time when it may have been done for hygienic purposes but now with people showering everyday, it's not necessary.

There has also been findings that doing so, the man will loose sensitivity. I have no grounds for comparison personally.

We can all thank John Harvey Kellogg for pushing this practice here in the states. Yes, the founder of Kellogg's corn flakes (sort of). He really pushed for circomsisations because he wanted people to masturbate less. I can tell you that part of his plan didn't work.

Trust me loss of sensitivity is a myth Big Grin
06-04-2016, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 10:37 AM by onlinebiker.)
Think about what a fucked up deal it is......

Here's this little dude, hanging out -- enjoying his nice warm, soft existence ----

then

suddenly

He's violently squeezed through a narrow opening - that actually squishes his head in the process -and violently expelled from the only home he's ever known ---- he's then assaulted with a myriad of new sensations - gravity, cold, air, and then he's dangled inverted by his feet --and swatted on the ass (yeah, I know they do this less frequently) ----

Then -- to add insult to injury

He's strapped to a board - and the end of his dick gets cut off.................................

What part of "wrong" don't ya get?????

And holy shit!!!! That's just DAY ONE!!!!!

Gasp

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-04-2016, 04:10 PM

I myself am circumcised.

No! No, no, no, no! Not at the age of 5. No
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
06-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Circumcision should be a decision for people to make about their own bodies. Making that decision on behalf of someone else is all sorts of wrong.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
06-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Don't do it man... I'm uncut, wouldn't have it any other way. Bollocks to what society thinks, its none of their damn business.

Let him decide when he's an adult.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
06-04-2016, 09:23 PM
(06-04-2016 02:39 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

I myself am circumcised.

If its any comparison... I could never understand how circumcised men could stand the feeling of their underwear constantly touching their penis. When I heard that it causes desensitization, it made a lot more sense.

For me, the sensation of fabric is almost like sandpaper. I certainly couldn't put up with it for more than a minute or so.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
07-04-2016, 12:04 AM
CIRCUMCISION!!! >_
There is no sense in cutting off healthy body parts. It makes no sense at all.

What if everyone there cut their pinky finger off? Would you do it too?
07-04-2016, 05:36 AM
Don't. I was still a theist when my son was born. I'm so glad my wife was not interested in doing it and I let it slide. It's general mutilation. Don't do it. Especially don't do it to a five year old without a medical reason.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.