CNN - Finding Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 02:44 AM
RE: CNN - Finding Jesus
(07-03-2015 01:18 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Anyway, I can hardly wait for next week when they try to see if an old bone belonged to john the baptist. Maybe its his pecker?

Last time I checked, humans didn't have baculum. Maybe John was a Chimpanzee?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 05:40 AM
Apologetic, sensationalist nonsense.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Oh, fuck - is that moron lost again? They're sending out a whole news crew to find him? Undecided

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-03-2015, 03:46 PM
I bet they have more luck than they did with that plane in the Indian Ocean.

Ever notice that when ark-hunters, or bigfoot-hunters, or UFO-hunters go hunting they always find what they expected to see.

Jesus freaks are quite similar.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
07-03-2015, 03:52 PM
(25-02-2015 04:38 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Anyone think this will be worth watching?

http://www.cnn.com/shows/finding-jesus

No, it might make hints to skepticism but I doubt there will be any blatant "It's all made up". It is that time of year and lots of channels produce Jesus crap because they can get viewers during the holidays.

The title alone doesn't hold out hope for me it really should say "making excuses to believe old fairy tales".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
07-03-2015, 03:54 PM
If there were a channel brave enough to have a show called "debunking religious myth" like "Mythbusters" does with urban legends, I would watch.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Here is what CFI had to say about CNN's "Documentary"

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/en...in_shroud/

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
10-03-2015, 07:00 AM
(07-03-2015 01:18 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  It was about what I expected for CNN. They aren't going to rock the boat too much.

They did mention the C14 testing which clinched the medieval dating but they gave it fairly short-shrift and then went back to give the morons something else to hang their hats on.

They ignored a lot of stuff...such as the back image being two inches taller than the front image...which would be quite a miracle!

Anyway, I can hardly wait for next week when they try to see if an old bone belonged to john the baptist. Maybe its his pecker?

Saw that episode last night, they touched briefly on how the story of John the Baptist was a way for his followers to see Jesus as the one they should follow. Other than that, it was a bunch of sycophants talking about Jesus/John.

You can probably already guess what they'll find out about that bone when they date it.

It was a 7th century forgery

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-03-2015, 07:11 AM
No, it is the same ilk of garbage the "History" channel pulls. It is produced for selling add space. Put just enough fake skepticism in it to draw people in. It is entertainment, it will hardly be a an objective "documentary".

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-03-2015, 07:13 AM
"Finding Jesus" is no different than "Finding Nemo" or "Finding Bigfoot".

[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post