CNN - Finding Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: CNN - Finding Jesus
If it caters enough to the religious, it just might implant a seed of doubt in some....if it caters to us, the religious will just discard it.

I like it when the media produces "soft doubt" instead of just glorifying religion. It's a step in the right direction. You would not ever have seen something that harbored doubt when I was young. So, it's progress. Baby steps.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-03-2015, 05:19 PM
I couldn't help but notice that they completely ignored the four different heads of JtheB scattered across Europe. Nor did it mention that the macabre fascination of jesus freaks with saints' body parts did not begin until much later and was only codified in the 8th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relic

Quote:The Second Council of Nicaea in 787 drew on the teaching of St. John Damascene[18] that homage or respect is not really paid to an inanimate object, but to the holy person, and indeed the veneration of a holy person, is itself honour paid to God.[15] The Council decreed that every altar should contain a relic, making it clear that this was already the norm, as it remains to the present day in the Catholic and Orthodox churches. The veneration of the relics of the saints reflects a belief that the saints in heaven intercede for those on earth.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
10-03-2015, 05:51 PM
(10-03-2015 07:13 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  "Finding Jesus" is no different than "Finding Nemo" or "Finding Bigfoot".
I am quite offended and disagree wholeheartedly.

They found Nemo.

Angry
[+] 6 users Like Clockwork's post
11-03-2015, 04:58 PM
I think they should make a series called "Finding the Clitoris". It will satisfy over half the population and actually serve a purpose.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
11-03-2015, 09:53 PM
(11-03-2015 04:58 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I think they should make a series called "Finding the Clitoris". It will satisfy over half the population and actually serve a purpose.

They can release an instructional pdf online, they shall call it's name eManual.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-03-2015, 09:02 AM
(11-03-2015 09:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 04:58 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I think they should make a series called "Finding the Clitoris". It will satisfy over half the population and actually serve a purpose.

They can release an instructional pdf online, they shall call it's name eManual.

Unless Apple does it ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2015, 09:12 AM
(12-03-2015 09:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 09:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  They can release an instructional pdf online, they shall call it's name eManual.

Unless Apple does it ...

That would be the iLick.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post