CNN Republican Debate 1/26/12

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 08:50 AM
CNN Republican Debate 1/26/12
Anyone else see it? RP isn't the best at putting his ideas into words but he did great last night. No one attacked him (because they can't) and he even got the agreement of the other candidates on several issues. They just couldnt' disagree with him. Newt looks like a whiney little bitch and got smoked by Romney. Santorum gonna Santorum. I'm voting RP but if Romney wins the nomination I might actually have to consider him.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 09:49 AM
RE: CNN Republican Debate 1/26/12
I completely agree. Ron Paul is the only candidate who has an ounce of sense. Even when asked about religion he said that "his religious beliefs affect how he treats people and the way he lives his life". While the other three essentially said they would use their beliefs to make presidential decisions. Scary shit

I'm afraid the only way he'll be in the race will be as an independent though.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
27-01-2012, 10:08 AM
(27-01-2012 09:49 AM)free2011 Wrote:  I completely agree. Ron Paul is the only candidate who has an ounce of sense. Even when asked about religion he said that "his religious beliefs affect how he treats people and the way he lives his life". While the other three essentially said they would use their beliefs to make presidential decisions. Scary shit

I'm afraid the only way he'll be in the race will be as an independent though.

He claimed at the last debate that he has no intentions of running against the party should he not get the nomination. He hasn't really focused much on Florida but has moved his efforts to the next few states. He's already running ads in states voting a month+ from now. All he needs is one win. If he can win his first state he'll carry huge momentum into the rest of the primaries. I imagine he has a lot of supporters who only don't vote for him because they think he won't win.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-01-2012, 10:58 AM
He hasn't pandered to the popular "Evangelical" vote like the other three. Hopefully in the remaining primaries that group is less important. His main advantage is that he is under the radar and isn't being attacked by negative ads. Newt and Mitt are killing each other.

I know he doesn't want to talk independent but I think he will. He just has too much support.

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
27-01-2012, 11:10 AM
(27-01-2012 10:58 AM)free2011 Wrote:  He hasn't pandered to the popular "Evangelical" vote like the other three. Hopefully in the remaining primaries that group is less important. His main advantage is that he is under the radar and isn't being attacked by negative ads. Newt and Mitt are killing each other.

I know he doesn't want to talk independent but I think he will. He just has too much support.

I think Newt and Romney bickering will be key to Paul winning. He has a legit shot in places like the west coast and mid west. If he can keep close in the bible belt he could still win.

-Mark Twain