CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time
(23-03-2015 04:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  naahhhh

I have given up all hope for the US newsmedia, tt`s all just sensationalist and useless shit and dribble.

I watch BBC News and for American news I watch the Canadian national.

This was recently on the BBC:

Far more informative than the dribble coming out of Fox News, CNN, MSNBC combined in a year.

That was fascinating. Eritrea is certainly a fascinating country.

Regarding the OP, I'm sure it'll be a bunch of shit talking about "omg how can these people be moral without God it's such a shock they must all be secret theists!" shit.

All atheism is is a lack of belief in God. There's no holy/holey book, no prophet/profit, no belief or reading of the tea leaf, it's simply a lack of belief in God.
I don't understand why a documentary on Atheism is going to document exactly?
Wild generalizations most likely. I could be an atheist and believe the world is 8,767 days old or I could be an atheist and believe aliens did it or I could be an atheist and believe the big bang and evolution explain our existence.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2015, 06:07 PM
(23-03-2015 03:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  I wonder what direction it will spin.

I'm curious, myself! lol
Just set it to record!

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
23-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Some humanist group posted a clip of it. I watched. They used that family like Reggie was used on Wife Swap. Anyone see how they painted Dawkins and Maher as the bad guys?

Typical tactic of majorities in our species history. When the majority cant outright oppress someone, they use them as tokes so when others speak out they can hide behind their tokens.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2015, 09:35 PM
(23-03-2015 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 04:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  naahhhh

I have given up all hope for the US newsmedia, tt`s all just sensationalist and useless shit and dribble.

I watch BBC News and for American news I watch the Canadian national.

This was recently on the BBC:

Far more informative than the dribble coming out of Fox News, CNN, MSNBC combined in a year.

That was fascinating. Eritrea is certainly a fascinating country.

Regarding the OP, I'm sure it'll be a bunch of shit talking about "omg how can these people be moral without God it's such a shock they must all be secret theists!" shit.

All atheism is is a lack of belief in God. There's no holy/holey book, no prophet/profit, no belief or reading of the tea leaf, it's simply a lack of belief in God.
I don't understand why a documentary on Atheism is going to document exactly?
Wild generalizations most likely. I could be an atheist and believe the world is 8,767 days old or I could be an atheist and believe aliens did it or I could be an atheist and believe the big bang and evolution explain our existence.

They'll probably talk and interview David Silverman since he's always talking around on this cable news networks, then highlight some prominent authors texts like Dawkins or Harris... then go to some little atheist community groups like an ACA and see some protests they've done and talk to people there. That's how they like to do their programs.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-03-2015, 05:44 AM
(23-03-2015 05:28 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Inside the world of non-believers"? The believers are the ones doing the extra things, there's really nothing at all going on with us unless you're one of the more active ones like Seth.

I'd guess the whole point is "Look, they're just like us, except they have more free time!", but that seems like a really boring TV special.

You mean we don't get together once a week, sing some songs, take up a collection and plot world domination???

Oh right....

That's them "devout" sons-a-bitches....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-03-2015, 05:46 AM
(24-03-2015 05:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 05:28 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Inside the world of non-believers"? The believers are the ones doing the extra things, there's really nothing at all going on with us unless you're one of the more active ones like Seth.

I'd guess the whole point is "Look, they're just like us, except they have more free time!", but that seems like a really boring TV special.

You mean we don't get together once a week, sing some songs, take up a collection and plot world domination???

Oh right....

Earmuffs is in charge of world domination. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-03-2015, 09:55 AM
I guess there will be live commentary during commercials.

https://www.facebook.com/events/792637354158724/
24-03-2015, 12:41 PM
(24-03-2015 05:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 05:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You mean we don't get together once a week, sing some songs, take up a collection and plot world domination???

Oh right....

Earmuffs is in charge of world domination. Tongue

There used to plans to do it routinely. It'd be the same thing we do every night... then muff's went rouge and removed The Brain from his avatar and sig.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-03-2015, 02:14 PM
I'll record it and chime in with my thoughts. The written story was written by CNN's religious writer so it was slanted and some of the commentary was insulting. It was written with caveats and first-person remarks, which is ALWAYS the sign of good reporting. :-)

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2015, 05:25 PM
here's the article for anyone missing the show. It may or may not be similar to the show...i have no idea...my guess is that it's similar

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/03/l...ebar_email

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post