CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2015, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 07:25 PM by Shadow Fox.)
RE: CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time
Is there a way I can watch it online? I don't have T.V!

Who wants to bet this will just be another Atheist bashing we have no morals or some made up shit done by Christians?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2015, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 07:36 PM by cactus.)
(24-03-2015 05:25 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  here's the article for anyone missing the show. It may or may not be similar to the show...i have no idea...my guess is that it's similar

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/03/l...ebar_email

Their example of "typical" atheists is a family of people who put up atheist-themed Christmas decorations, whose kids wear t-shirts about how non-religious they are? haha WTF
It's like the news reporters went around and said "Hey, does a major part of your identity revolve around atheism? Great! You'll be perfect for our show about the typical non-religious person in America."

I was almost with that mom until she said that belief is a "choice." *facepalm*

I should probably read the article, but Yahweh damn is it long. I'll just wait for a review of the show.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
24-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Reminds me of HellboundPreacher's saga so far.Thumbsup

#sigh
24-03-2015, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 08:03 PM by TheGulegon.)
(24-03-2015 07:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Is there a way I can watch it online? I don't have T.V!

Who wants to bet this will just be another Atheist bashing we have no morals or some made up shit done by Christians?

That's what I'm betting, too! Dodgy Which is why I'm waiting for it to record, cuz if it turns out to be crap, AND I can't FF through the commercials, I might not have a TV after too long either! Undecided

[Edit] In a day or 2, Google search the name of the show/episode, and click the videos tab! Someone might upload it. Shy

24-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I watched most of it.
It was like a bunch of christians made a show about what they think atheism is.
They had an atheist preacher too!
24-03-2015, 08:20 PM
(24-03-2015 08:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  I watched most of it.
It was like a bunch of christians made a show about what they think atheism is.
They had an atheist preacher too!

......atheist...whaaaat?

We don't have preachers? ....and that question mark is not there to make that a question but to add an upward inflection on that last word to be made more as a statement than a question btw.

we..um...elaborate please?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
24-03-2015, 08:22 PM
(24-03-2015 08:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  It was like a bunch of christians made a show about what they think atheism is.

This is my "not surprised" face Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
24-03-2015, 08:56 PM
It had the prerequisite stuff: Dawkins (mostly watered down and not a huge part), Silverman (blunt as always, also not a big part), DeWitt (a decent amount about him, and he was the atheist preacher), a family torn apart by it with the dad saying his sons are dead (indoctrinated douche) and a deacon who doesn't believe anymore but still leads a congregation for now (they changed his voice and blurred his image).

It was nothing new to us, but there were some annoying parts. One woman, an atheist who believes we should know and embrace religion otherwise we couldn't understand a lot of our history or T.S. Eliott, actually said atheism isn't about Satan worship anymore. What she meant was people should stop thinking of that woefully misguided cliché when they think of atheists, but of course CNN used the clip. Some other minor crap, and yes, it felt a little like it was a Christian's piece about atheism, not objective journalism. Also, was the Shaugnessys weren't a part of it, so that was cool that I read that and didn't have to relive it.

Overall, I hope it has a positive effect, but I doubt it will.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
24-03-2015, 08:59 PM
(24-03-2015 12:41 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 05:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Earmuffs is in charge of world domination. Tongue

There used to plans to do it routinely. It'd be the same thing we do every night... then muff's went rouge and removed The Brain from his avatar and sig.

Muffs went rouge ? Really ? I could see a little blush, but full-on rouge, that's a bit much.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2015, 09:00 PM
There was a group of atheists that meet like at a church they sing songs, the head guy talks to the group like a preacher.
Instead of saying 'amen' at the appropriate times the say 'Darwin'.
I shit you not.
Dawkins had a few brief soundbites but I get the feeling he was mostly edited out.
Lots of Silverman.