CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time
(24-03-2015 09:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  There was a group of atheists that meet like at a church they sing songs, the head guy talks to the group like a preacher.
Instead of saying 'amen' at the appropriate times the say 'Darwin'.

Wow, that's.... beyond cringeworthy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2015, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 09:24 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
here's a youtube video of the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=977&v=3xMoBsozcUE
it has commentary instead of commercials

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
24-03-2015, 09:20 PM
(24-03-2015 07:22 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Is there a way I can watch it online? I don't have T.V!

Who wants to bet this will just be another Atheist bashing we have no morals or some made up shit done by Christians?

yup see post above

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
24-03-2015, 09:45 PM
(23-03-2015 05:28 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  "Inside the world of non-believers"? The believers are the ones doing the extra things, there's really nothing at all going on with us unless you're one of the more active ones like Seth.

I'd guess the whole point is "Look, they're just like us, except they have more free time!", but that seems like a really boring TV special.

We don't waste our sundays on bullshit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
24-03-2015, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 11:18 PM by ClydeLee.)
They had to say something stupid every now and then just to make sure they felt how they were in check... like describing Dawkins at one point as the father of atheism.

It was everything expected, though I thought the including of Jerry Dewitt and other preacher talks was stuff I didn't know if they would put it in. It's got several.. well at least they did that tiny slim moments like that and acknowledging even some atheists don't like David Silverman.

I thought of something else, while I didn't see the first 10 minutes, maybe it was in there; though from what I saw, there was no a single mention of anything having to do with religion outside of christianity. They totally held to the angle of Christianity is America and that's what this is "contrasting"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Watched it with my wife who would not use the word atheist to describe herself. She is not particularly religious. When she attends church, she just takes what she wants from it (mainly community and spirituality) and gives not a thought to all the other crap that comes along with it. The good thing that came out of the show for her, is that she said "I am basically a humanist". Hopefully, other people also took a similar step.
25-03-2015, 10:07 AM
I think the atheist college student's parents are real douche bags.
They are pathetically shameful....shows the harm that religion causes.

I feel sorry for the kid.
25-03-2015, 10:30 AM
I wish I had cable so I could watch it. Maybe it will be on Hulu or Netflix sometime.
25-03-2015, 10:53 AM
It could have been better. The part that I really facepalmed was at 37:10 when they said Dawkins was the father of atheism and that Dewitt's son "converted" to atheism. It is crap like this that permeate the illusion that the lack of religion is somehow a religion.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
25-03-2015, 12:01 PM
(25-03-2015 10:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I wish I had cable so I could watch it. Maybe it will be on Hulu or Netflix sometime.

Six posts above your post is the link to it on YouTube.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user