CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: CNN's Atheist Special on Tuesday 3/24 8pm central time
Every FUX news show is already a war on intelligence.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
27-03-2015, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2015 11:15 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
I agree with most. It would be a lot different if a group of us ran the show. More arguments, less b.s. like "atheist churches". Our version of the show would be real and not aimed at trying to gain the most viewers. Nonetheless it's wasn't BAD so that's a step in the right direction! They did show the negative impact of religion AND it differentiated atheists from satanists. So it probably actually educated a few idiots a little bit, so that's good lol

it looks like that link a few pages back is now broken due to copyright violation. Just use the youtube search bar to find it ...or here's another link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PeHIstSPM Peace!

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
28-03-2015, 09:52 AM
(23-03-2015 05:53 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  SONOFABITCH, I downgraded my cable, no CNN or even MSNBC.
Maybe if you downgrade again you can get rid of FOX.Drinking Beverage

Sapere aude
28-03-2015, 03:12 PM
(23-03-2015 04:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  naahhhh

I have given up all hope for the US newsmedia, tt`s all just sensationalist and useless shit and dribble.

I watch BBC News and for American news I watch the Canadian national.

This was recently on the BBC:

Far more informative than the dribble coming out of Fox News, CNN, MSNBC combined in a year.

That's "drivel", and you're correct about it's uselessness. I also turn to the BBC for unfettered reporting.
28-03-2015, 03:17 PM
I won't waste time on senseless debates about senseless subjects. It's hard enough watching Sam Harris actually enjoying himself as he dominates a senseless debate. I come away thinking that this is a man raising his family by being paid for publicly speaking out about nothing of any usefulness. Sad.
[+] 1 user Likes pitar's post
28-03-2015, 08:14 PM
(24-03-2015 09:19 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  here's a youtube video of the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=977&v=3xMoBsozcUE
That link no longer works. I just watched it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PeHIstSPM

In case that gets taken down, search for
"cnn atheist inside non believer"

I thought it was great.

The title was misleading "Inside the world of non-believers"
As is often the case with USA they assume "The World" = "USA"
It was actually an inside look into the lives of a few American atheists.

It certainly wasn't supposed to be a documentary to explain what atheism is or what the average atheist life is like.

It started off talking about how intrinsic Christianity is to USA and how that makes it difficult for American atheists to be open about themselves.
It started off talking about a boy (a very intelligent, well mannered, non confrontational boy) who had parents who were into the church (dad was a minister). The boy came off really well. His parents looked like douches but lost in their belief system which was making them torn and tearing up their relationship with their great kid.

It also talked about a minister who lost his faith but kept preaching because he needed a means of income, but the lying was tearing at him.

It then talked about a different minister who opened up about his atheism (well, he was exposed by his aunt), he lost his minister job (of course), he lost his wife and house and money, he started up a congregation because that is what he is qualified at. His congregation is an atheist one. The CNN article did not state that atheists generally go to these things. But it did show this man's congregation and what a congregation without god is (in this circumstance).

And it also talked about people trying to spread the word/message/idea of a world without god.

I thought it was a very interesting show.
29-03-2015, 11:23 AM
(23-03-2015 03:04 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  who's watching CNN's "Atheists: inside the world of non-believers" at 8pm central time Tuesday 3/24? Interesting title... apparently we're on a different planet (thank god Tongue). You know I'll be telling my family and mormon friend to check it out Wink
Seriously? That was the title? Why not call it, "Atheists: Inside the World of Non-Believers... Cosmos: A Space Odyssey featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Hi my American friends. ..how do you feel that Ted Cruz might be your next president.? All the best guys..lol