CNN to fearmonger about Russian spies living nextdoor to you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2017, 09:24 PM
CNN to fearmonger about Russian spies living nextdoor to you
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/343082...-in-the-us

Quote:4"I think people love a good spy story. The first episode is a really good spy story," Rogers told TheWrap.com on Thursday.

"These were Russian spies with American sounding names who were posing as your neighbor, your work colleague, your friend. Having the possibility of a spy living next door draws people in who are not only interested in spy stories, but also those who are interested in learning more about how the Russians intelligence services operate after being exposed to the current news about their activities in the U.S.," Rogers added.

Nah, I'm not going to listen to your fearmongering, CNN.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: CNN to fearmonger about Russian spies living nextdoor to you
They're really doubling down on this Russian shit ain't they?
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-07-2017, 11:54 PM
.... The last Russian born person I have any memory of contact with was Vera. We were in the 6th grade. I had a crush on her. Maybe she was a Russian spy? Gotta watch out for those 6th grader spy's, like they even got their own TV shows and movies I heard.

I mean, maybe I met other Russian born people and never learned. I generally don't ask. But.... well.... I just don't see this as a big worry for me.... If that makes sense....

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
22-07-2017, 05:29 AM
So you're telling me.... it's a nothing burger? Consider

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-07-2017, 06:03 AM
So where's McCarthy? Don't you need another all American hero boozing himself to death while smelling a red behind every corner?

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
22-07-2017, 06:07 AM
(21-07-2017 09:24 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  http://thehill.com/homenews/media/343082...-in-the-us

Quote:4"I think people love a good spy story. The first episode is a really good spy story," Rogers told TheWrap.com on Thursday.

"These were Russian spies with American sounding names who were posing as your neighbor, your work colleague, your friend. Having the possibility of a spy living next door draws people in who are not only interested in spy stories, but also those who are interested in learning more about how the Russians intelligence services operate after being exposed to the current news about their activities in the U.S.," Rogers added.

Nah, I'm not going to listen to your fearmongering, CNN.

Oh bullshit. Russia has always sought to interfere with us CNN reporting this is not fearmongering. The orange asshat simply is pissed because not everyone kisses his ass. You can go after CNN all you want but you are an idiot to ignore 17 INTEL agencies.

Just the opposite. President Covfefe spent 5 years selling the birther conspiracy. Vilified Mexicans and war refugees. Insulted the service of McCain and Khan, burned his way through the GOP primaries, and SHIT on the intel communities he now has to rely on. If that fucker didn't want the scrutiny then he shouldn't have run. Nobody put a gun to his head.

If there is any media that deserves the label of selling fear that would be Fox News, and they have been selling right wing hate and fear for decades.

I'd suggest if you really believe that 45 is being unfairly picked on, go fucking move to North Korea, that is what state propaganda looks like.

Journalists are the watchdogs of society, they are the core backbone that prevents us from becoming a dictatorship. If you don't like it, sorry, fuck you. Maybe your anger should be aimed at 45 for creating such division himself.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2017, 07:23 AM
(22-07-2017 06:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Journalists are the watchdogs of society, they are the core backbone that prevents us from becoming a dictatorship.

Depending on whether or not they're doing their job, sure.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
22-07-2017, 07:33 AM
(22-07-2017 07:23 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 06:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Journalists are the watchdogs of society, they are the core backbone that prevents us from becoming a dictatorship.

Depending on whether or not they're doing their job, sure.

Then you should have a real problem with Fox News because they set that asshole demagogue up for his win.

There is a huge difference between a private citizen and media in the private sector, and the language you use in diplomacy while in office. YOU DONT treat the office like you are a guest on Jerry Springer.

If media and the private sector have a problem with each other, then they police each other. When you take the role of diplomat you DONT talk like a fucking dog with rabies.

Now it is one thing to point out a specific story, or specific reporter and point out their errors. But even in doing that as a politician, you still do not talk like a despot and vilify the entire industry like 45 has.

That fuckface won by selling fear with the backing of the CEO of a conspiracy website. To even dare stupidly think that CNN is doing the same thing as Brietbart is laughable even if one wants to claim they might get some things wrong.

Not getting everything you want all the time does not make the watchdogs the enemy.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
22-07-2017, 07:44 AM
(22-07-2017 07:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 07:23 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Depending on whether or not they're doing their job, sure.

Then you should have a real problem with Fox News because they set that asshole demagogue up for his win.

And I do. I simply criticize CNN as well. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
22-07-2017, 08:09 AM
(22-07-2017 07:44 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 07:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Then you should have a real problem with Fox News because they set that asshole demagogue up for his win.

And I do. I simply criticize CNN as well. Drinking Beverage

No, the two are not even remotely comparable when it comes to volume of "errors" because whatever errors you may think CNN my produce on average, it isn't anywhere close nor have they been a network of right wing fear peddling like Farts News.

And again, this has NOTHING to do with what I am addressing. You and I can and should battle it out here as private citizens. Fox and CNN also should police each other. BUT, when you are in the role of a politician you don't vilify entire groups of people, be it race, religion, political rivals and especially not your own intel. When you are in a political office at that level you express any disagreements with others in a calm specific tone and point out specific details without the bombastic language.

Not even Bush Jr or Bush Sr or even Reagan talked like 45 has. 45 is a dangerous political demagogue and simply isn't just "telling it like it is".

It is extremely dangerous long term to the political tone to vilify the entire media industry. But 45 hasn't just vilified media, he has attacked anyone who questions him. That is not the behavior the west should want in our politicians tone.