CNN to fearmonger about Russian spies living nextdoor to you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: CNN to fearmonger about Russian spies living nextdoor to you
I have watched all kinds of CNN specials - like the 70s, 80s, 90s, the thing about strange gods (wasn't very good), the travelling food guy... none of them with any sign of fear mongering.

I'll watch the spy thing to see the approach taken before I pass judgement. I have found their reporting extremely partisan, but never their specials. I have enjoyed the specials so far.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-07-2017, 08:22 AM
(22-07-2017 08:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 07:44 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  And I do. I simply criticize CNN as well. Drinking Beverage

No, the two are not even remotely comparable

Did I ever say they were comparable? Furthermore, something could be uncomparable and still worthy of being criticized. Otherwise you're merely creating an echochamber.

22-07-2017, 08:45 AM
If you Google most trusted news in the U.S. and look at the polls over the last few years (and ignore the ones by news media outlets) you'll see CNN is one of the least trusted sources for news (only trusted by the far left) and Fox News has been the #1 in the ratings for 62 consecutive quarters. Fox is trusted by conservatives and independents. I believe in the latest NPR/PBS poll that 72% of independents no longer trust the media. The constant anti Trump, anti Republican narrative is a turn off to most Americans and they are starting to see the bullshit for what it is. With all the leaks and 9 months since the election, no smoking gun has been shown that Trump colluded with Russians to hack the election. The liberal news media is now preaching to the choir. They're not convincing anyone other than the 29% of people that want to believe it in the first place. I've been saying it since Trump got elected and the Trump attacks have been relentless. The media is singlehandedly handing Trump a 2nd term.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-07-2017, 08:53 AM
(22-07-2017 08:22 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 08:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  No, the two are not even remotely comparable

Did I ever say they were comparable? Furthermore, something could be uncomparable and still worthy of being criticized. Otherwise you're merely creating an echochamber.

That is what Farts News is and that is what 45 wants himself, nothing but a bunch of brown nosing dick sucking yes men. I seriously want to see that fuckface demagogue try to fuck with Mueller.

Its not looking to good for 45 right now. Pretty damned bad when two of your lawyers and your press secretary resign all within days of each other.

No "echo chamber" on my part. We have seen where political demagoguery goes in history and it never ends up well. And I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for 45. He's spent 5 years on birther conspiracy, and his campaign vilifying multiple groups and attacking multiple individuals. Our nation has not seen this level of political demagoguery since the days of segregation, McCarthyism and Jim Crow.

Your problem isn't journalists calling him out on his bullshit, or me. The problem is the GOP elected a fucking asshole narcissistic bully.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2017, 09:05 AM
I thought that was a tnt show

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-07-2017, 09:56 AM
(22-07-2017 06:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  ... but you are an idiot to ignore 17 INTEL agencies.

Then I've been an idiot for a long time now...

(02-12-2016 06:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The whole "The Russians are coming!!!" thing was such a blatant deflection tactic during the election that informed-voters saw through it.

DNC/Clinton Team (same thing, of course) messaging was that all "17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin" and Politifact concurs.

But apparently only two of the agencies had been looking into it (I forget where I read that, or which two it was) and the "17" claim stems from the notion that it was the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (who speaks for all), who issued the statement.

So... why are these "multiple sources" (aka: many, many tremendous people are saying) still concerned with pushing this narrative, via the Clinton News Network, now that the election is over?

Is it from the progressive wing of the Dems who are seeking to call Obama's bluff or is it the conservative wing?

If it's the latter, does this tactical effort (along with the support for Stein's recount initiative) indicate an actual strategy or is it merely that they are still in sour-grapes / "it wasn't our fault" mode?

He's a thing from Hitchens which might add some perspective:
(yeah, I know he's wrong about the god thing and this colours his political views but he's not wrong about everything)

(14-12-2016 10:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-12-2016 08:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
I must be missing your point. The CIA reports that the Russkies may have been able to hack the DNC and RNC and selectively release info damaging to the DNC through wikileaks with a clear intent to influence our elections and we shouldn't investigate? Is that what you're saying?

Let me see if I'm understanding this a-rightly...

The CIA are complaining that a right wing loony has been 'elected' into power with the assistance of a foreign intelligence agency?

The CIA? The CIA are ... Facepalm

I've just had an irony overload!

Laugh out load

(12-12-2016 01:53 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  ...
What does Russia gain by attempting to discredit Hillary (with facts again, please remember that the DNC wikileaks have not been proven to be fake at all)? Hillary is certainly a larger warhawk than Trump but Russia's geopolitical resurgence has certainly occurred on Obama's (and partly her) watch. Why not let that run continue?

Oh, I dunno ... if I had to hazard a guess, could it be something to do with the US sanctions over the Crimea thing that scuppered a $500 billion Exxon deal there?

If Rex Tillerson = 2
If Sec of State = 2
Then 2 + 2 = what? A share of the $500 billion?

(14-12-2016 09:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm not sure how either you or I could know that. ...

Simple... as any politics watcher knows ... where's the denial?

There are denials, there are non-denial denials and there are non-denials.

In this case we got deflection to "the Russians did it" and all "17 agencies" which, as I pointed out in the other hacking thread, was a gross exaggeration.

Drinking Beverage

(30-05-2017 06:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 10:50 AM)neurotibotical Wrote:  We need to experiment with ways of shutting down their idiocy. I've come up with at least two, based on my encounters at various alt-right forums.

1. When a Trumpanzee claims that the Russia interference thing is nonsense, I first enlighten him to the fact that Russian interference in the 2016 election is the US government's official stance:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/join...r-national

At this revelation, the Trumpanzee will often claim that the press release is "dated" and therefore lacks relevancy. Of course, by taking this route the Trumpanzee has implicity admitted that, at the time of the press release, this was the government's official position. The Trumpanzee is now tasked with proving that the government stopped holding this position between now and the time of the press release.

The problem there is that Trump supporters have good grounds for rebutting that position.

It was the US government's official stance... pre-election.

As I pointed out at the time, the "interference" referred to in that joint statement was political deflection by the Dems and the 17 Agencies thing was a sham (I'd rather not go back to find the post where I pointed out the flawed reasoning to all this but I will if pressed).

The dude that stated that...
Quote:The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts.
... has since retracted that claim.

(27-05-2017 09:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
Trump won because Hillary is crooked loser and not because of Russians.

Nope. Trump won because enough people believed that "Hillary is [a] crooked loser" to ensure that the Republicans effective tactics of voter suppression and their ability to gerrymander more effectively than their opponents would make the popular vote irrelevant.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-07-2017, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 10:14 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
CNN can keep on doing what they're doing. 24 hours a day RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP.

Meanwhile:

April
RNC Donations $9.6 million
DNC Donations $4.7 million

May
RNC Donations $11.5 million
DNC Donations $4.5 million

June
RNC Donations $13.5 million
DNC Donations $5.5 million

Cash on hand:
RNC $44 million
DNC $7 million

Good luck in the midterms.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
22-07-2017, 10:23 AM
(22-07-2017 10:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  CNN can keep on doing what they're doing. 24 hours a day RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP.

Meanwhile:

April
RNC Donations $9.6 million
DNC Donations $4.7 million

May
RNC Donations $11.5 million
DNC Donations $4.5 million

June
RNC Donations $13.5 million
DNC Donations $5.5 million

Cash on hand:
RNC $44 million
DNC $7 million

Good luck in the midterms.

Here's some good journalism covering why the money is flowing into the Republican coffers.

So you can keep your guns but say goodbye to:
Closing tax loopholes (which impacts your public services)
Cheaper meds
Cheaper / sustainable energy

And say hello to decades of health issues for your children.

Which is nice.

Undecided

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
22-07-2017, 01:32 PM
To any spies reading my posts, if you in any way resemble Anna Chapman, please seduce me and I will tell you anything you want to know.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
22-07-2017, 01:53 PM
But really, spying is nothing new. Any country that values its survival utilizes spies and depends on the information they provide. When we catch someone else's we pretend to be all butt hurt about it until they catch some of ours, then make a trade and back to business as usual.

So... There are most likely spies within my community wherever I live, whether it's the US, Canada, China, Ghana, Iceland, or anywhere else that takes actions, makes decisions, and has an economy big enough for there to be an advantage to other countries should they have inside Intel on it. Intelligence gathering is just common sense.

'Murican Canadian