CS Lewis stupid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 08:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: CS Lewis stupid?
(26-02-2014 05:13 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  If CS Lewis had remained an atheist I bet he would be regarded by most of the people here as the smartest, most famous atheist in human history. (Apart from GK Chesterton, Peter Hitchens, Alister McGrath, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Malcolm Muggeridge, Anne Rice, Anthony Flew, Edward Fesser, Francis Collins, .etc. etc.)

Wrong again Pussy Cat IRC.
I'd still be 100 % unimpressed with the nonsense he wrote in "The Problem of Pain".
Unlike you, I actually care about *content*, not labels.
BTW... Edward Fesser ??? Hahahahaha. What an idiot. LMFAO. His bullshit can be refuted in about 30 seconds. I'd be happy to do a review of his bullshit book.
Have you actually read the crappiest books ever, he and Patrick Madrid wrote ? They can't stop ranting long enough to actually make a point.
Listing a bunch of people who were in no way experts (except Fesser .. who claims to be, but can't get a better job than a Community College), does nothing to support your point. Anne Rice ? Really ? YOU actually respect her opinion on anything except vampires ? No wonder you're so delusional. Maybe try to grow a brain someday.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 09:15 AM
(26-02-2014 01:04 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Is his quote which I presented above stupid?

I'd say it's pretty easy to tear it apart, but it still takes some-one of reasonable intelligence to formulate it. It's apologetics.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
26-02-2014, 11:07 AM
He made the mistake of giving the universe human characteristics... The idea of justice is a human concept, born of our evolution.

In the unconscious universe, there is no good or bad. There's just physics and matter... Sometimes catastrophic events occur (such as an asteroid impact), which seem so unlikely to occur that people conclude there it was intentional (blaming fate, God, the stars etc), when it was simply the coincidence of certain factors, which given the time scale of Earth's existence, are bound to occur at some point in time... As in an asteroid's orbit which crosses the Earth's orbital path, at some point it is inevitable that it will either hit Earth, be deflected or captured by Earth's gravity. There's no malevolence involved... Its simply two objects which have existed for billions of years, reached a point where they met in space.

It is only unjust if a benevolent, interventionist God exists...

I remember being told that Jupiter was put there by God to deflect comets away from Earth... I floored them all when I mentioned the fact that Jupiter also occasionally throws a big rock our way, and is responsible for a significant number of hazardous Near Earth Objects, which would once have been safely tucked away in the asteroid belt, if it weren't for Jupiter's gravity disturbing them.

On the plus... Jupiter looks mighty fine in Gemini right now.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2014, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 09:02 PM by anonymous66.)
As a former Christian, I rather enjoyed reading Lewis. He's anything but stupid. Read his space trilogy, read Till We Have Faces. He's a brilliant author.

But, his apologist arguments are rather weak. I never found them all that compelling even when I was a Christian. I suspect he just wanted God to be real.
26-02-2014, 07:56 PM
CS Lewis pre-1930
Atheist. Genius.

CS Lewis post-1930
Christian. Stupid. Moron. Scum. Loser. Pathetic....
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post
26-02-2014, 08:01 PM
(26-02-2014 07:56 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  CS Lewis pre-1930
Atheist. Genius.

CS Lewis post-1930

So you say. Name one atheist who said he was a "genius" before 1930.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-02-2014, 08:05 PM
(26-02-2014 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Atheist. Genius.

CS Lewis post-1930

So you say. Name one atheist who said he was a "genius" before 1930.

All those people are probably theists now.
26-02-2014, 08:34 PM
(26-02-2014 08:05 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 08:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you say. Name one atheist who said he was a "genius" before 1930.

All those people are probably theists now.

So you say, delusional one.
I see you made up that pointless shit above.
Just as I thought. You should demand your tuition back.

26-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Atheist. Genius.

CS Lewis post-1930

...that seems a bit harsh, but I suppose you're entitled to your opinion.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
26-02-2014, 11:47 PM
(26-02-2014 11:15 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
Atheist. Genius.

CS Lewis post-1930

...that seems a bit harsh, but I suppose you're entitled to your opinion.

I couldn't even get 1 'like' for that post.
*sniff*
[+] 1 user Likes Lion IRC's post