Calender Dating has changed slowly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Calender Dating has changed slowly
Some of you are probably aware, but this hasn't made any big news sites. Over the last decade, the BC and AD notion of time in a date has been replaced with a more secular, BC and CE respectively. I think it's a good idea, but my baptist friends accuse people who do that of worshiping the devil.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2011, 07:49 PM
RE: Calender Dating has changed slowly
I'm all for a change in the names on the old time device... But the best we could come up with was BCE and CE? Lame. If we want it to catch on with the kids we need something cooler, and mascots... with sunglasses and tattoos. Plus they could smoke and swear. With large breasts. I vote for NB not bitchin and BT bitchin times.

[Image: st0080.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
25-06-2011, 06:24 AM
(24-06-2011 07:42 PM)Monk Wrote:  Some of you are probably aware, but this hasn't made any big news sites. Over the last decade, the BC and AD notion of time in a date has been replaced with a more secular, BC and CE respectively. I think it's a good idea, but my baptist friends accuse people who do that of worshiping the devil.

Sorry, this is news to me, what does BC and CE stand for?

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
25-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Before Christ
Anno Domini, in the year of our lord.
B.C.E, Before common era.
C.E, Common Era.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TAJD's post
25-06-2011, 07:02 AM
(25-06-2011 06:43 AM)TAJD Wrote:  Before Christ
Anno Domini, in the year of our lord.
B.C.E, Before common era.
C.E, Common Era.

Thanks a lot Big Grin

EDIT: Yikes, my name just turned blue and you got yourslef +1 rep Tongue

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin