California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 03:10 PM
California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us/cal....html?_r=0

Quote:The California law includes protections designed to assuage concerns about potential abuse. Patients must be terminally ill and mentally sound; they must be capable of administering the medication themselves; and two different doctors must approve it.

Hospitals and doctors will also have the option of not offering end-of-life drugs.

“We’ve crafted the strongest protections of any such law that currently exists,” said Bill Monning, a California senator and one of the law’s sponsors. He added that, despite fears by opponents, hospice care had grown extensively in Oregon since that state’s “death with dignity” law was approved.

He signed this despite heavy lobbying by the catholic church and other religious groups.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
06-10-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
It's like seeing a dog doing calculus --- seeing a politician do the right thing, despite the possibility of them losing a vote....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 7 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-10-2015, 03:28 PM
(06-10-2015 03:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's like seeing a dog doing calculus --- seeing a politician do the right thing, despite the possibility of them losing a vote....

Laugh out load

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Awesome. Hopefully we can pass such laws in the rest of the country.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
06-10-2015, 04:02 PM
This is one of those things that just makes sense. Although I can't imagine taking my own life, I've also never been terminally ill and suffering in pain. This is for people who are going to die anyway, with no chance for recovery. No reason for them to suffer.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-10-2015, 05:26 PM
(06-10-2015 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
despite heavy lobbying by the catholic church

Generally a good indicator that one is doing the right thing.

Yes

[+] 9 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm not opposed to this law. However I will be opposed when the Governor signs a law requiring pharmacies to carry and dispense these suicide drugs.
07-10-2015, 02:38 AM
(07-10-2015 02:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not opposed to this law. However I will be opposed when the Governor signs a law requiring pharmacies to carry and dispense these suicide drugs.

Because that's the slippery slope we're on. Stupid troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-10-2015, 02:45 AM
(07-10-2015 02:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not opposed to this law. However I will be opposed when the Governor signs a law requiring pharmacies to carry and dispense these suicide drugs.

You can overdose on water, better take all of those bottles off the shelves and allow the clerks to be 'conscientious objectors' if they think you plan on commuting suicide through water intoxication.

What about aspirin? Ibuprofen? You can kill yourself with those too. You can also slit your wrists with a pair of scissors or a shaving razor.

Anything can be lethal in sufficient doses, you dipshit. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
07-10-2015, 02:49 AM
(07-10-2015 02:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Because that's the slippery slope we're on. Stupid troll.

No Morondog and I forgive you for calling me a stupid troll. I am a libertarian. So I don't oppose a persons decision to commit suicide. I also do not a oppose the owner of a pharmacy decision not to carry or dispense suicide drugs.

Its really that simple. I am sorry you lack the brain capacity to see it. I found this image of you.

[Image: s-HALF-HEAD-MAN-CARLOS-SOSA-RODRIGUEZ-large.jpg]