California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
(08-10-2015 03:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 03:03 PM)BnW Wrote:  Not really.

As predicted, you've ignored presented facts that contradict your position.

I'm trying to determine if you're deliberately obtuse or just stupid. I'm leaning towards deliberately obtuse, but haven't ruled out stupid.

First of all a pharmacist is much more likely to know if a drug is going to cause a fetilized egg not to implant than you are. You are just an internet crackpot for all I know and I ignored your post because it was impotent. Second, even if emergency contraceptives only prevents ovulation(which is a stretch to believe...but whatever) it doesn't matter. The pharmacists believes that by dispensing the emergency contraceptive they are participating in the killing of another human being. No one should be forced to participate in an act in which they believe a human may be killed if they do not want too. Yet you lefties force your morality onto people and pass anti-refusal to dispense laws.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news...se-plan-b/

Learn to work on your reading Comprehension. Is the main action merely preventing the implantation? No. It also can prevent eggs from formulating as well. You are so immature, why do you continue to act that way? You disagree with people fine, how about you learn to understand how to communicate to them?

But that's an odd stance, does he think women should have to have higher health and medical standards before getting pregnant. Because about 50% of fertilized eggs don't attach just on their own occurrence. So that's a lot of abortions do to bad genetics or bad health of women.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2015, 04:13 PM
(08-10-2015 03:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 11:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think the 20 week mark is kind of the gold standard, due to the miscarriage risk, and many scientists point to the 20 week mark where pain can be felt etc. I believe there's even a bill in committee right now called the fetal pain 20 week abortion ban or something like that.

The more you know. Does a Fetus Feel Pain at 20 Weeks?

I read that article earlier when I was looking for info. Some good info but they site a lot of 2005 studies. A lot has changed in the last 10 years. In fact I remember a few years ago watching testimony by this female neuro-whatever brainiac scientist woman that is highly regarded in her field. Her research concluded, don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure she testified before Congress that it was even earlier than 20 weeks that a fetus can register touch and pain. They experimented and determined that since the fetus would pull away or attempt to move from the stimulus, that they could in fact feel.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-10-2015, 04:19 PM
(08-10-2015 04:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 03:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The more you know. Does a Fetus Feel Pain at 20 Weeks?

I read that article earlier when I was looking for info. Some good info but they site a lot of 2005 studies. A lot has changed in the last 10 years. In fact I remember a few years ago watching testimony by this female neuro-whatever brainiac scientist woman that is highly regarded in her field. Her research concluded, don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure she testified before Congress that it was even earlier than 20 weeks that a fetus can register touch and pain. They experimented and determined that since the fetus would pull away or attempt to move from the stimulus, that they could in fact feel.

May seem odd or inhuman to conclude on this path. But I know there has been research and question in the field of, do Fish actually have a nervous system structure significant enough to feel pain? They were at some odds over time with this and some people were saying, because the fish reacts away from stimulus it does feel pain. Though furthering study in the field and examination of fishes seems to be that today the conclusion is that they innately react away from stimulus instinctively, but it doesn't signify they can feel pain. They don't think fish contain the brain capacity or such structure to feel pain. So I wouldn't lay certain that reflex is enough to show pain exists.

But what do I know, I also don't think that your brain decides to make a micro movement of a finger touch before I consciously decide to do so means your consciousness is for certain an illusion.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
08-10-2015, 04:20 PM
At this point, since we seem to be backing up, I would like to know if Helmet and Blowme are against birth control.

All this talk about how soon something is considered a baby is making me wonder. Seems to be an issue with Plan B...so I assume that all sex acts are to result in potential pregnancy since any intervention is verboten.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
(08-10-2015 04:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They experimented and determined that since the fetus would pull away or attempt to move from the stimulus, that they could in fact feel.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2015, 04:25 PM
(08-10-2015 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  At this point, since we seem to be backing up, I would like to know if Helmet and Blowme are against birth control.

All this talk about how soon something is considered a baby is making me wonder. Seems to be an issue with Plan B...so I assume that all sex acts are to result in potential pregnancy since any intervention is verboten.

No, I'm not against birth control. Nor am I against death with dignity. 100% for both. I'm also pro-choice. But I think that we have a duty, as atheists, as believers in science, to always keep abreast of the current scientific studies, and if evidence points to a fetus or embryo or whatever feeling pain, or major brain activity etc, then we need to take a look at bans on abortion after certain milestones are met in fetal development. That is all.

08-10-2015, 04:26 PM
(08-10-2015 04:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I also don't think that your brain decides to make a micro movement of a finger touch before I consciously decide to do so means your consciousness is for certain an illusion.

Me neither. What it means to me is that consciousness is much much bigger than we think.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-10-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 04:33 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(08-10-2015 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  At this point, since we seem to be backing up, I would like to know if Helmet and Blowme are against birth control.

I think quite a bit about birth control. I would never condemn someone for using it or tell them that they shouldn't(normal birth control...not the kind that kills human beings). But the more I think about birth control, the more I am coming to a conclusion that it will be what destroys humanity.

Given the choice, human beings will not reproduce at a sufficient rate to sustain the population. I think the world's population will top out at around 15 billion or so and then crater. What is happening to Japan will happen to the world. This is what is happening to Japan.

[Image: 512px-Population_of_Japan_since_1872.svg.png]

People worry about an upcoming robot apocalypse. The robots won't need to go to war with us. They just need to keep us fat dumb and happy and we will do ourselves in.
08-10-2015, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 04:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-10-2015 04:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... and if evidence points to a fetus or embryo or whatever feeling pain, or major brain activity etc, then we need to take a look at bans on abortion after certain milestones are met in fetal development.

Yabut, the evidence does not show that a fetus feels pain at 20 weeks.

One reason the JAMA review finds early pain perception unlikely is that the connections between the thalamus, a sort of relay center in the brain, and the cortex have not yet formed. This happens between 23 and 30 weeks gestational age, and the authors argue these connections are a precursor for pain perception. They also cite studies using electroencephalography that have shown the capacity for functional pain in preterm newborns “probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks."

08-10-2015, 04:35 PM
(08-10-2015 04:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... and if evidence points to a fetus or embryo or whatever feeling pain, or major brain activity etc, then we need to take a look at bans on abortion after certain milestones are met in fetal development.

Yabut, the evidence does not show that.

One reason the JAMA review finds early pain perception unlikely is that the connections between the thalamus, a sort of relay center in the brain, and the cortex have not yet formed. This happens between 23 and 30 weeks gestational age, and the authors argue these connections are a precursor for pain perception. They also cite studies using electroencephalography that have shown the capacity for functional pain in preterm newborns “probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks."

Gotcha. That's why I said "IF." I'm sure they'll keep researching it over time. New developments occur all the time.