California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
(08-10-2015 04:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  At this point, since we seem to be backing up, I would like to know if Helmet and Blowme are against birth control.

I think quite a bit about birth control. I would never condemn someone for using it or tell them that they shouldn't. But the more I think about birth control, the more I am coming to a conclusion that it will be what destroys humanity.

Given the choice, human beings will not reproduce at a sufficient rate to sustain the population. I think the world's population will top out at around 15 billion or so and then crater. What is happening to Japan will happen to the world. This is what is happening to Japan.

[Image: 512px-Population_of_Japan_since_1872.svg.png]

People worry about an upcoming robot apocalypse. The robots won't need to go to war with us. They just need to keep us fat dumb and happy and we will do ourselves in.

So, you think that every sex act should have the potential to result in pregnancy?

Are you part of the quiver-full movement or something?

Women should just be birthing machines, cranking out babies as often as they can?

Your crazy is showing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-10-2015, 04:39 PM
(08-10-2015 04:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yabut, the evidence does not show that.

One reason the JAMA review finds early pain perception unlikely is that the connections between the thalamus, a sort of relay center in the brain, and the cortex have not yet formed. This happens between 23 and 30 weeks gestational age, and the authors argue these connections are a precursor for pain perception. They also cite studies using electroencephalography that have shown the capacity for functional pain in preterm newborns “probably does not exist before 29 or 30 weeks."

Gotcha. That's why I said "IF." I'm sure they'll keep researching it over time. New developments occur all the time.

I agree that new developments occur all the time. What doesn't occur all the time is changes in fetal development. If the brain ain't wired up before 23 weeks it ain't gonna suddenly start being wired up at 20 weeks.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2015, 04:41 PM
(08-10-2015 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Gotcha. That's why I said "IF." I'm sure they'll keep researching it over time. New developments occur all the time.

I agree that new developments occur all the time. What doesn't occur all the time is changes in fetal development. If the brain ain't wired up before 23 weeks it ain't gonna suddenly start being wired up at 20 weeks.

Or they could be overlooking something. They might not have the right technology to detect it yet.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-10-2015, 04:43 PM
(08-10-2015 04:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I agree that new developments occur all the time. What doesn't occur all the time is changes in fetal development. If the brain ain't wired up before 23 weeks it ain't gonna suddenly start being wired up at 20 weeks.

Or they could be overlooking something. They might not have the right technology to detect it yet.

To detect what? We sure know how to track the stages of fetal development already.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-10-2015, 04:45 PM
What has birth control to do with assisted suicide???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-10-2015, 04:46 PM
(08-10-2015 04:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What has birth control to do with assisted suicide???

Not a thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-10-2015, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 05:38 PM by Anjele.)
(08-10-2015 04:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What has birth control to do with assisted suicide???

They tend to circle around to one another.

Who has the right to die/do you have the right to abort.

Kinda ends up that way...not a derail...more of a meandering train of thought. Undecided

It comes down to can man decide or is it up to god to decide.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-10-2015, 04:51 PM
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Or they could be overlooking something. They might not have the right technology to detect it yet.

To detect what? We sure know how to track the stages of fetal development already.
I don't know. Undetectable brain waves or something. Neuro-whatever pathways previously unknown? Could happen. I'm sure these scientists are still researching fetal development and will be forever.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
(08-10-2015 04:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To detect what? We sure know how to track the stages of fetal development already.
I don't know. Undetectable brain waves or something. Neuro-whatever pathways previously unknown? Could happen. I'm sure these scientists are still researching fetal development and will be forever.

And if/when new information is found then things can be changed.

There is no way to anticipate every possibility. Right now we are working with the best knowledge available, just as we are with every other medical issue.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-10-2015, 05:01 PM
(08-10-2015 04:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To detect what? We sure know how to track the stages of fetal development already.

I don't see that happening. If the hardware ain't there, the hardware ain't there. What I can see happening is we learn how to grow babies in a laboratory outside a woman's body. At that point we may able to manipulate and accelerate the process. But that raises a shitload of other ethical issues.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post