California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
(08-10-2015 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:51 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't know. Undetectable brain waves or something. Neuro-whatever pathways previously unknown? Could happen. I'm sure these scientists are still researching fetal development and will be forever.

I don't see that happening. If the hardware ain't there, the hardware ain't there. What I can see happening is we learn how to grow babies in a laboratory outside a woman's body. At that point we may able to manipulate and accelerate the process. But that raises a shitload of other ethical issues.

Ahhhh. Stormtroopers.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
08-10-2015, 05:13 PM
(08-10-2015 03:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  First of all a pharmacist is much more likely to know if a drug is going to cause a fetilized egg not to implant than you are.

Why? How? What possible qualifications does a pharmacist have to know if a drug is going to cause a fertilized egg to implant or not?

Whatever else I may be, I am a professional arguer. And, as a professional, I know a ridiculous dodge when I see it. This statement is a dodge. It has no basis in any fact and is completely unsupportable by any evidence. Go and prove me wrong. I dare you. In fact, screw it, I'm going right to the triple dog dare.

(08-10-2015 03:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You are just an internet crackpot for all I know and I ignored your post because it was impotent.

First - well, that's ironic. Second, even if I am an "internet crackpot", I'm an internet crackpot that has provided a source to back up my assertion. You should try that some time. It's fun. And, when you're not just pulling shit out of your ass, it's pretty easy too. But, go ahead and refute my source.

As for my post being impotent -- I have no idea what that means. Without merit? I don't think so. What I think it means is "oh fuck, this guy just posted something that completely contradicts my argument and I need to ignore it while I regroup and think of a new argument. Gee, I hope no one notices".

(08-10-2015 03:58 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Second, even if emergency contraceptives only prevents ovulation(which is a stretch to believe...but whatever) it doesn't matter. The pharmacists believes that by dispensing the emergency contraceptive they are participating in the killing of another human being. No one should be forced to participate in an act in which they believe a human may be killed if they do not want too. Yet you lefties force your morality onto people and pass anti-refusal to dispense laws.

First, you're certainly entitled to your own opinions. You are not, however, entitled to your own facts. The scientific evidence shows that emergency contraceptives do not prevent an embryo from embedding in the uterus wall. Your opinion on the topic, and how believable you think that is, is completely irrelevant. You don't get to have your own opinion on a fact. Your choices are either a) provide a source that refutes what I posted (and given that is from 2 years ago there has been more than sufficient time for someone to show it is erroneous) or b) accept that your statement was wrong.

Second, I hope you remember to bend at the knees and lift with your lower body when you pick up those goal posts and move them like that. You may throw your back out. Your opinion before was that people should not be forced to help kill a human being. But, once the basis for your argument was shown to be bullshit, you have now switched to "well, if people believe - reasonably or otherwise - that they will harm a human being then they should be able to opt out". They can opt out. The option is don't be a fucking pharmacist. That's your option. Don't want to follow the law and issue marriage license to gay couples? Resign your position at your $80,000/year job and wait for Jesus to pay your mortgage and grocery bills. That's also your option. What is not your option is to close your eyes, pretend reality is something other than what it is - be it legal reality or scientific reality - and insist you have some kind of explicit right to refuse to provide services to people who are legally entitled to it.

This is not imposing morality on anyone. If there is no killing of a human being - even under your definition - then there is no moral issue. All there is is the pathetic attempt of a beaten man trying to get out of the corner he painted himself into with his own argument. You're wrong. Deal with it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
08-10-2015, 05:18 PM
(08-10-2015 04:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, you think that every sex act should have the potential to result in pregnancy?

Are you part of the quiver-full movement or something?

Women should just be birthing machines, cranking out babies as often as they can?

Your crazy is showing.

No, No, and no

Why am I crazy? Because I consider it to be a possibility that birth control will do more harm to humanity than good? Maybe I just think more than you do and to you...that is crazy.

We will never colonize Mars just like we never colonized Antarctica. Sure there are manned outpost on Antartica and there will be manned outpost on Mars. But Mars will never have human cities, or human culture because there isn't and never will be a need in the foreseeable future for humans to move there and colonize it. You can thank birth control for that.
08-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Hayseed takes on a lawyer.
Hilarity ensues. Big Grin

(08-10-2015 05:13 PM)BnW Wrote:  Whatever else I may be, I am a professional arguer. And, as a professional, I know a ridiculous dodge when I see it. This statement is a dodge. It has no basis in any fact and is completely unsupportable by any evidence. Go and prove me wrong. I dare you. In fact, screw it, I'm going right to the triple dog dare.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2015, 05:21 PM
(08-10-2015 05:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 04:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, you think that every sex act should have the potential to result in pregnancy?

Women should just be birthing machines, cranking out babies as often as they can?

Your crazy is showing.

No, No, and no

Why am I crazy? Because I consider it to be a possibility that birth control will do more harm to humanity than good? Maybe I just think more than you do and to you...that is crazy.

We will never colonize Mars just like we never colonized Antarctica. Sure there are manned outpost on Antartica and there will be manned outpost on Mars. But Mars will never have human cities, or human culture because there isn't and never will be a need in the foreseeable future for humans to move there and colonize it. You can thank birth control for that.

Okay, now you are just fucking with us. Stop that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-10-2015, 05:22 PM
(08-10-2015 05:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why am I crazy? Because I consider it to be a possibility that birth control will do more harm to humanity than good?

[Image: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg]

Anyone recall seeing any comment about birth control prior to this?

Me either.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-10-2015, 05:24 PM
(08-10-2015 05:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Your crazy is showing.

No, No, and no

Why are you crazy, the punctuated end.

It's also irrational to assume one generation will lead to the next generation duplicating the same results in many scenarios that isn't a direct pattern.

You're making irrational conclusions for no reasons, that's why you're crazy. That's not related to your just overly misguided view of what you realize moral demanding is. Because you complain about people doing things the same way you demand.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
(08-10-2015 05:22 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 05:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why am I crazy? Because I consider it to be a possibility that birth control will do more harm to humanity than good?

[Image: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg]

Me either.

Anjele asked me and DarkHelmet what we thought about birth control. You can blame her for this meandering.
Why don't you go colonize Mars...when you get Internet remember pics or it didn't happen.

[Image: wheres-the-kaboom-theres-supposed-to-be-...;amp;h=483]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

08-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(08-10-2015 05:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 05:22 PM)BnW Wrote:  [Image: moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg]

Me either.

Anjele asked me and DarkHelmet what we thought about birth control. You can blame her for this meandering.

I forgive you for saying I am to blame.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post