California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
The topic of when life begins and when it ends and who decides are two sides of one coin. This has actually been interesting thread that didn't devolve into hostilities although there are strong opinions on each side.

I agree that some topics deserve special handling...there are two ways to take care of that...Personal Issues and Support and stating that you would prefer the thread stay on topic when you start it.

I am confused that a conversation that went from one stage of life to another and who should/can provide medical intervention on either end be seen as an issue. Perhaps is wasn't completely linear but many of the concepts are the similar - should a pharmacist/doctor have to dispense/prescribe meds to end a potential pregnancy or end a life due to terminal illness.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-10-2015, 08:00 PM
(08-10-2015 06:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Isn't that the argument used by conservative pro-gun people? It's not the manufactures fault, or the gun shop's fault, what any individual does with a gun and ammo after it's bought, right? So why should a pharmacist object to what a person does with a drug once it has left their pharmacy? It's none of their fucking business, it's not their decision to make.

Funny how Libertarians only give a fuck about protecting the 'liberty' and 'freedom of choice' of some people, and not others. Drinking Beverage

This is really good argument. I have never thought of this.
I agree with you 100%

Alla, the problem with EKs argument is that his analogy fails(which is not surprising from him). To make it work you have a pass a law that requires all retailers of a certain segment to carry and dispense AK47s and ammunition. Then force the owners of those retail outlets under penalty of law to dispense them anytime someone asks to purchase them. If the retailer objects on moral grounds....fuck em.....EK has his 2nd amendment rights and we can't let some retailers morality interfere with his free exercise thereof.
08-10-2015, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 08:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-10-2015 07:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The topic of when life begins and when it ends and who decides are two sides of one coin. This has actually been interesting thread that didn't devolve into hostilities although there are strong opinions on each side.

I also have found it interesting and the 2 sides of the same coin is an interesting perspective I hadn't considered.

(08-10-2015 07:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps is wasn't completely linear but many of the concepts are the similar - should a pharmacist/doctor have to dispense/prescribe meds to end a potential pregnancy ...

Plan B is OTC so no pharmacist involved. So this is irrelevant to the discussion. Hayseed refuses to recognize this and continues to bring up a completely irrelevant hypothetical.

(08-10-2015 07:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ... or end a life due to terminal illness.

Pretty sure neither pharmacists nor doctors are legally obligated in the States which allow assisted suicide. They are permitted to, but not obligated to. And speaking for myself, I don't need no fucking assistance I've studied it a shitload more than them. Tongue

#sigh
09-10-2015, 01:56 AM
(08-10-2015 02:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  That is arguably the worst argument I have ever heard in my life. THE WORST. You taking my kidneys is not even comparable to a child in the womb. The unborn isn't taking body parts from its host. Pulling some nutrition from the hosts blood stream, granted, but not asking for body parts. In fact, the little buddy is growing his own little kidneys. HUMAN kidneys, by the way.

You clearly missed the point, which is that if you're going to argue that the fetus is a person, then you have to balance one person's right to body autonomy against another's right to life. Pardon me as I sit down and smoke a frajo while you catch up.

As for your opinion of my argument, I've never spent much time worrying about the good opinions of dull folk, and I'm not about to start with you.

(08-10-2015 02:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A fetus is not some blood sucking parasite. It didn't attack the host after she ingested raw eggs or something.

I suppose you've never heard of an umbilical cord?

Please -- here's a quarter, go buy an education. It ain't much, but it will certainly be an improvement.

Dumbfuck.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-10-2015, 02:01 AM
(08-10-2015 02:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  How a right to choose becomes pushing morality on others is a mystery to me.

Making laws which require pharmacists to dispense emergency contraceptives takes away the pharmacist's right to CHOOSE not to participate in the killing of another human being. If you support that law....that pharmacist's must dispense emergency contraceptives ....then you are forcing your choice and morality onto someone else.

Emergency contraceptives work by potentially preventing implantation of the fertilized egg.

What law is that? Please link to the text that we may read it for ourselves.

Or, alternatively, quit shitposting. Because there ain't no law.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-10-2015, 02:05 AM
(09-10-2015 02:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Or, alternatively, quit shitposting.

Sadcryface You'd take away Blowjob's *reason to live*? How *can* you be so cruel Sadcryface2

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-10-2015, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 07:53 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(09-10-2015 01:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 02:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  That is arguably the worst argument I have ever heard in my life. THE WORST. You taking my kidneys is not even comparable to a child in the womb. The unborn isn't taking body parts from its host. Pulling some nutrition from the hosts blood stream, granted, but not asking for body parts. In fact, the little buddy is growing his own little kidneys. HUMAN kidneys, by the way.

You clearly missed the point, which is that if you're going to argue that the fetus is a person, then you have to balance one person's right to body autonomy against another's right to life. Pardon me as I sit down and smoke a frajo while you catch up.

As for your opinion of my argument, I've never spent much time worrying about the good opinions of dull folk, and I'm not about to start with you.

(08-10-2015 02:03 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A fetus is not some blood sucking parasite. It didn't attack the host after she ingested raw eggs or something.

I suppose you've never heard of an umbilical cord?

Please -- here's a quarter, go buy an education. It ain't much, but it will certainly be an improvement.

Dumbfuck.

That's all you got? Because a fetus gets nutrients through an umbilical cord that makes it a blood sucking parasite that can be terminated like a tapeworm?

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You'll have to do better than that. Nobody is that heartless. Right? Right?

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
09-10-2015, 08:18 AM
(09-10-2015 07:48 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  That's all you got? Because a fetus gets nutrients through an umbilical cord that makes it a blood sucking parasite that can be terminated like a tapeworm?

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You'll have to do better than that. Nobody is that heartless. Right? Right?

Appeal to emotion Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-10-2015, 09:24 AM
(08-10-2015 08:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 06:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  This is really good argument. I have never thought of this.
I agree with you 100%

Alla, the problem with EKs argument is that his analogy fails(which is not surprising from him). To make it work you have a pass a law that requires all retailers of a certain segment to carry and dispense AK47s and ammunition. Then force the owners of those retail outlets under penalty of law to dispense them anytime someone asks to purchase them. If the retailer objects on moral grounds....fuck em.....EK has his 2nd amendment rights and we can't let some retailers morality interfere with his free exercise thereof.

No, you've completely missed the point you ignorant fuck. You failing to understand my analogy sound like a you problem, especially if Alla manged to keep up.

The point was in illustrating how conservative fucknuts like to insert and remove their culpability at whim. So whenever a bigoted baker refuses to provide their services to a gay couple, the baker inserts themselves into the gay couple's choices and then stomps their feet and refuses service because they're now somehow culpable for the gay couple's choices. Likewise a gun shop owner who sells a high capacity magazine, armor piercing ammo, and a semi-auto rifle to somebody will do everything he can to distance himself from that person and their choices if they then later go on to shoot up an elementary school. There is no consistency here, it's blatant fucking hypocrisy.

So pick one side jackass. Either the baker, pharmacists, and gun shop owners are not culpable for their customer's choices, or they all are. You cannot have it both ways you cherry picking fuktard.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-10-2015, 09:45 AM
(08-10-2015 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 05:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjele asked me and DarkHelmet what we thought about birth control. You can blame her for this meandering.

I forgive you for saying I am to blame.

Hug

Heart

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post