California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 02:57 AM
RE: California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Bill Into Law
(07-10-2015 02:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 02:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because that's the slippery slope we're on. Stupid troll.

No Morondog and I forgive you for calling me a stupid troll. I am a libertarian. So I don't oppose a persons decision to commit suicide. I also do not a oppose the owner of a pharmacy decision not to carry or dispense suicide drugs.

Its really that simple. I am sorry you lack the brain capacity to see it. I found this image of you.

You know, it's a shame you have so many people on ignore. Just think about it, you'd have so many more insults to faux-forgive people for and increase the size of you Jesus E-Peen.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2015, 03:26 AM
(07-10-2015 02:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not opposed to this law. However I will be opposed when the Governor signs a law requiring pharmacies to carry and dispense these suicide drugs.

And what AB number is that? Do you have a bill you can reference that proposes such a thing?

No, you don't. You're playing scare tactics.

By all means, quit posting.

No, really, if this is the best horseshit you can shovel, hang it up. It's weak, thoughtless, and makes you look unworthy of any comment beyond this friendly advice.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-10-2015, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 04:27 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(07-10-2015 03:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And what AB number is that? Do you have a bill you can reference that proposes such a thing?

No, really, if this is the best horseshit you can shovel, hang it up. It's weak, thoughtless, and makes you look unworthy of any comment beyond this friendly advice.

In some states pharmacists cannot refuse to dispense emergency contraceptive based on religious and moral objections. The way it worked is these drugs became legal and then soon following laws were passed forcing pharmacists to dispense these drugs. I imagine the same pattern will hold with these suicide drugs.

Now It is my position that a pharmacist who is an employee must fulfill their obligations of employment including dispensing emergency contraceptives if they are to have an expectation of keeping their job. However the state shouldn't force an owner/operator pharmacist to dispense such drugs if they have moral or religious objections.

I truly hope that I am wrong here. I truly hope the majority doesn't force its morality unto the minority. Just because you think suicide pills or emergency contraceptives are moral doesn't allow you to force your morality onto someone else. But sadly, that seems to be happening a lot in our society these days.
07-10-2015, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 08:07 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-10-2015 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 03:26 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And what AB number is that? Do you have a bill you can reference that proposes such a thing?

In some states pharmacists cannot refuse to dispense emergency contraceptive based on religious and moral objections. The way it worked is these drugs became legal and then soon following laws were passed forcing pharmacists to dispense these drugs. I imagine the same pattern will hold with these suicide drugs.

Now It is my position that a pharmacist who is an employee must fulfill their obligations of employment including dispensing emergency contraceptives if they are to have an expectation of keeping their job. However the state shouldn't force an owner/operator pharmacist to dispense such drugs if they have moral or religious objections.

Just because you think suicide pills or emergency contraceptives are moral doesn;t allow you to force your morality onto someone else. But sadly, that seems to be happening a lot in society these days.

But you're assuming that the seller's moral opinion matters.

I'd love to see what kind of hell would be raised if Smith & Wesson stopped selling armor-piercing ammo because of it's almost explicit use as an anti-personnel round, and thus selling it is endorsing killing of another human being.

Isn't that the argument used by conservative pro-gun people? It's not the manufactures fault, or the gun shop's fault, what any individual does with a gun and ammo after it's bought, right? So why should a pharmacist object to what a person does with a drug once it has left their pharmacy? It's none of their fucking business, it's not their decision to make.

Funny how Libertarians only give a fuck about protecting the 'liberty' and 'freedom of choice' of some people, and not others. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Well, I don't know about pharmacies, but in Oregon where we have had this law for a long time, doctors can refuse to prescribe the meds.

I haven't heard of any docs who refused to prescribe it to a terminally ill patient, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The important thing is that it is available. And it is, here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-10-2015, 06:21 AM
If this law is modeled after Oregon and Washington, which it probably is, it is VOLUNTARY, not mandatory, that a doctor, health care system, or pharmacy be a part of the death with dignity programs. At least that's what I've heard from my friends that work in the medical field in the northwest.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
07-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Why should anyone when writing laws, take into account the opinions of an organization which was the last group on the planet to disavow the theory that earth was the center of the universe??

A bunch of knuckle dragging troglodytes. The dumb troglodytes. The ones that banged food together and ate rocks, instead of the other way round.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-10-2015, 07:31 AM
(06-10-2015 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  He signed this despite heavy lobbying by the catholic church and other religious groups.

"We can't allow people to make potentially sinful decisions for themselves. That would introduce free will and God hates that and... oh, fuck."

Learn to apologetics, catholics.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
07-10-2015, 09:54 AM
(07-10-2015 06:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I don't know about pharmacies, but in Oregon where we have had this law for a long time, doctors can refuse to prescribe the meds.

I haven't heard of any docs who refused to prescribe it to a terminally ill patient, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You think a little thing like the facts would stop Heywood's train of self-righteousness?

No

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
07-10-2015, 09:55 AM
(06-10-2015 03:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/us/cal....html?_r=0

Quote:The California law includes protections designed to assuage concerns about potential abuse. Patients must be terminally ill and mentally sound; they must be capable of administering the medication themselves; and two different doctors must approve it.

Hospitals and doctors will also have the option of not offering end-of-life drugs.

“We’ve crafted the strongest protections of any such law that currently exists,” said Bill Monning, a California senator and one of the law’s sponsors. He added that, despite fears by opponents, hospice care had grown extensively in Oregon since that state’s “death with dignity” law was approved.

He signed this despite heavy lobbying by the catholic church and other religious groups.

yes, this needs to be national.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post