California and gay groups in California, you are so fucking retarded.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 09:10 AM
California and gay groups in California, you are so fucking retarded.
So, California just voted to lower the punishment for someone who KNOWINGLY infects someone with HIV/AIDS or any other disease, from a criminal offense of up to 8 years in prison to a misdemeanor of up to 6 months in county jail.

And for some reason a bunch of LGBT groups were pro-this because it's working to "destigmatize HIV". Umm hello are you fucking kidding me???! "KNOWINGLY"
"MOTHERFUCKING KNOWINGLY". How fucking stupid can you be!?

This is legit the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time, and we're living in Trump presidential era and this shit is still dumber. Congratulations California, you are more stupid than Donald Fucking Trump.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
12-10-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: California and gay groups in California, you are so fucking retarded.
(12-10-2017 09:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, California just voted to lower the punishment for someone who KNOWINGLY infects someone with HIV/AIDS or any other disease, from a criminal offense of up to 8 years in prison to a misdemeanor of up to 6 months in county jail.

And for some reason a bunch of LGBT groups were pro-this because it's working to "destigmatize HIV". Umm hello are you fucking kidding me???! "KNOWINGLY"

This is legit the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time, and we're living in Trump presidential era and this shit is still dumber. Congratulations California, you are more stupid than Donald Fucking Trump.

I think, but I’m not very sure, they don’t lock people up for knowingly spreading other diseases. There have been cases of people refusing to wear masks when they knew they had TB, and they weren’t arrested and jailed for it. Ditto people who knew they were infected with hepatitis and continued to work in the food industry.

What about the person who has syphilus or another std and knowingly infects their partner with that?

HIV/aids is far more treatable than the death sentence it once was.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2017, 11:25 AM
I’m also suspecting that the anti LGBTQ stuff coming for Washington might be part of it.

POTUS said he wasn’t going to anything to gays, now he’s going to be keynote speaker at an anti gay conference.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Whatever happened to Typhoid Mary?
12-10-2017, 12:56 PM
I was living in San Francisco during the start of the HIV epidemic, after when they realized it was a sexually transmitted disease. Some public health officials wanted to put some restrictions on sex clubs. The homosexual community resisted with such vigor that nothing happened. I believe that some clubs offered free condums but no requirement that they be used.

I find earmuffs somewhat difficult at times but I think he may have a point here. I may have infected my wife with a virus that caused her ovarian cancer. I would not have done that if I had known. earmuffs made it very clear that it was KNOWING. There is a difference between accident and KNOWING.
[+] 4 users Like JAH's post
12-10-2017, 02:17 PM
(12-10-2017 12:56 PM)JAH Wrote:  There is a difference between accident and KNOWING.

Indeed. In Australia I believe it is considered to be a type of murder/manslaughter and has serious legal consequences. Especially if it results in the death of those infected.

My knowledge may be out of date. I seem to recall that in the past people ended in gaol for these actions.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-10-2017, 02:33 PM
(12-10-2017 02:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 12:56 PM)JAH Wrote:  There is a difference between accident and KNOWING.

Indeed. In Australia I believe it is considered to be a type of murder/manslaughter and has serious legal consequences. Especially if it results in the death of those infected.

My knowledge may be out of date. I seem to recall that in the past people ended in gaol for these actions.

HIV/aids isn’t the death sentence it once was, so I believe the idea is that people know more about it now than they did then.

We don’t throw people in jails for willfully exposing others to diseases. TB is easily spread through air, but we don’t lock people up for not wearing a mask. Same as Hepatitis. Passing any other STD isn’t criminal, even if you are doing it on purpose. I’m not sure that hiv/aids needs the added stigma of possible criminal charges anymore.

12-10-2017, 02:39 PM
"We don’t throw people in jails for willfully exposing others to diseases."

Indeed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-10-2017, 04:01 PM
(12-10-2017 02:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We don’t throw people in jails for willfully exposing others to diseases.

Yes and no.

Not in "jail", precisely, but the CDC does have rather broad powers of aprehension and detention :

"Title 42 United States Code Section 264 (Section 361 of the Public Health Service [PHS] Act) gives the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) responsibility for preventing the introduction, transmission, and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and within the United States and its territories/possessions. This statute is implemented through regulations found at 42 CFR Parts 70 and 71. Under its delegated authority, CDC, through the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, is empowered to detain, medically examine, or conditionally release persons suspected of carrying a communicable disease."

The CDC hasn't used these powers often -- just twice since 1963.
But it does have them.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
12-10-2017, 06:22 PM
(12-10-2017 11:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 09:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, California just voted to lower the punishment for someone who KNOWINGLY infects someone with HIV/AIDS or any other disease, from a criminal offense of up to 8 years in prison to a misdemeanor of up to 6 months in county jail.

I think, but I’m not very sure, they don’t lock people up for knowingly spreading other diseases. There have been cases of people refusing to wear masks when they knew they had TB, and they weren’t arrested and jailed for it. Ditto people who knew they were infected with hepatitis and continued to work in the food industry.

What about the person who has syphilus or another std and knowingly infects their partner with that?

HIV/aids is far more treatable than the death sentence it once was.

They should lock those people up too. They're endangering other peoples lives.

And just because it's more treatable doesn't make the crime any less fucked up.
It's people knowingly infecting other people with HIV... how can you say "well, HIV is far more treatable these days". That defense seems so scumbag and I don't understand why people believe it to be a good defense.

Sure it's more treatable BUT people still do die from it, especially if you have zero reason to expect you even have it. Not to mention it is a life altering disease with zero cure. People with it have to be medicated for their rest of their lives.

How is someone willfully, and purposefully, inflicting that on someone else a "oh well, that was a little bit naughty" offense??? It baffles me.
It's like if someone came up and stabbed you. It's the same fucking thing. The intent is to harm, maybe even kill, someone else. You should be locked up for it. Harshly.

What you're saying Moms, is that it's ok for dickheads to go around purposefully infecting people (not just infecting men, but men infecting women too, there was a guy in Canada that infected over 11 women, 1 even died) with HIV.
How is that ok??? How is that ok but if I walked up and shot someone I'd get done for attempted murder??