California and gay groups in California, you are so fucking retarded.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: California and gay groups in California, you are so fucking retarded.
HIV still scares the fuck out of me, I know that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 07:27 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(12-10-2017 04:01 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 02:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We don’t throw people in jails for willfully exposing others to diseases.

Yes and no.

Not in "jail", precisely, but the CDC does have rather broad powers of aprehension and detention :

"Title 42 United States Code Section 264 (Section 361 of the Public Health Service [PHS] Act) gives the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) responsibility for preventing the introduction, transmission, and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and within the United States and its territories/possessions. This statute is implemented through regulations found at 42 CFR Parts 70 and 71. Under its delegated authority, CDC, through the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, is empowered to detain, medically examine, or conditionally release persons suspected of carrying a communicable disease."

The CDC hasn't used these powers often -- just twice since 1963.
But it does have them.

Yes, but not even at the height of the aid epidemic in the mid 80s did the CDC take that action.

I mean I knew like 40 gay men at that time (my friends and I would underage drink at a lot of gay bars and they were fun to dance with) in San Francisco and by 1987 there were like 4 still alive. Between like 1983 and '87. I bought my first real car from one of my gay friends in 1985.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-10-2017, 07:25 PM
(12-10-2017 06:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 11:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think, but I’m not very sure, they don’t lock people up for knowingly spreading other diseases. There have been cases of people refusing to wear masks when they knew they had TB, and they weren’t arrested and jailed for it. Ditto people who knew they were infected with hepatitis and continued to work in the food industry.

What about the person who has syphilus or another std and knowingly infects their partner with that?

HIV/aids is far more treatable than the death sentence it once was.

They should lock those people up too. They're endangering other peoples lives.

And just because it's more treatable doesn't make the crime any less fucked up.
It's people knowingly infecting other people with HIV... how can you say "well, HIV is far more treatable these days". That defense seems so scumbag and I don't understand why people believe it to be a good defense.

Sure it's more treatable BUT people still do die from it, especially if you have zero reason to expect you even have it. Not to mention it is a life altering disease with zero cure. People with it have to be medicated for their rest of their lives.

How is someone willfully, and purposefully, inflicting that on someone else a "oh well, that was a little bit naughty" offense??? It baffles me.
It's like if someone came up and stabbed you. It's the same fucking thing. The intent is to harm, maybe even kill, someone else. You should be locked up for it. Harshly.

What you're saying Moms, is that it's ok for dickheads to go around purposefully infecting people (not just infecting men, but men infecting women too, there was a guy in Canada that infected over 11 women, 1 even died) with HIV.
How is that ok??? How is that ok but if I walked up and shot someone I'd get done for attempted murder??

I hear you and nod in agreement...I really do. But I also look back at so many people I knew personally who died of that disease back in the day, and the way they were stigmatized, marginalized and willfully ignored by the government. I just...I don't know...

I don't think it's a large swath of the populace doing this, I really don't think there's been one in a long time. The law when enacted in the mid 80s basically targeted sex workers -- charging them with felonies (in addition to the sex crime) even if they practiced safe sex or had no sex at all. Now all sex workers are forced to take a screening for HIV and other STDs (when arrested) and are treated for the diseases.

From the Washington Post article on this

Quote:Supporters pointed out that the knowing or intentional transmission of any other communicable disease in California, including some potentially deadly ones like SARS, Ebola and tuberculosis, is a misdemeanor crime.

Only AIDS is a felony.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Moms, Please the argument is about knowingly infecting a person with HIV. I was sexually active enough in my youth (not as much as I wanted to be). As I said above I may have exposed the mother of my children to viruses that caused her cervical cancer.

I have for years here loved your comments. Earmuffs may be an asshole on occasion but as I said before he may have a point here.
13-10-2017, 12:50 PM
(12-10-2017 10:28 PM)JAH Wrote:  Moms, Please the argument is about knowingly infecting a person with HIV. I was sexually active enough in my youth (not as much as I wanted to be). As I said above I may have exposed the mother of my children to viruses that caused her cervical cancer.

I have for years here loved your comments. Earmuffs may be an asshole on occasion but as I said before he may have a point here.

Yes and they did not decriminalize it they simply put it in line with every other act of knowingly infecting someone. The fact that this was a felony was meant as a form of harassment towards already marginalized groups, sex workers in particular as Moms pointed out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-10-2017, 01:16 PM
OK I see the point that only HIV is a felony. HIV being the only felony is obviously intended to stigmatize certain portions of the population.
13-10-2017, 01:37 PM
(12-10-2017 09:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Congratulations California, you are more stupid than Donald Fucking Trump.

That is ontologically / metaphysically impossible. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-10-2017, 02:04 PM
I certainly can't see decriminalizing it.
The operative phrase is knowingly.
There are a lot of diseases that people may carry and may infect others with but most of those aren't STD's.
If a person has HIV and has sex with someone without telling them IMO that should be criminal.
It's different from Typhoid Mary or even a person who boards a plane with ebola.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
13-10-2017, 02:13 PM
(13-10-2017 02:04 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  I certainly can't see decriminalizing it.
The operative phrase is knowingly.
There are a lot of diseases that people may carry and may infect others with but most of those aren't STD's.
If a person has HIV and has sex with someone without telling them IMO that should be criminal.
It's different from Typhoid Mary or even a person who boards a plane with ebola.

Actually it isn't AT ALL like boarding a plane with ebola.
HIV is now a chronic manageable disease. People with it, who takes their meds have relatively normal life-spans.The only reason it scares the fuck out of people, is because they are ignorant.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-10-2017, 02:36 PM
I thought that nurse that wouldn't accept 30 days quarantine was a right cunt.