California to vote on legalizing recreational marijuana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: California to vote on legalizing recreational marijuana
I'd vote for it too, but what happens to those in Cali prisons who were busted for weed? Will they still be screwed since they were busted before the new law?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 08:09 PM
(29-06-2016 08:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'd vote for it too, but what happens to those in Cali prisons who were busted for weed? Will they still be screwed since they were busted before the new law?

Yes, most likely. They are there because they broke the law at the time. But that might spur on some early releases. I hope anyway. Prison for possession is insane.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
29-06-2016, 08:25 PM
(29-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 08:06 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'd vote for it too, but what happens to those in Cali prisons who were busted for weed? Will they still be screwed since they were busted before the new law?

Yes, most likely. They are there because they broke the law at the time. But that might spur on some early releases. I hope anyway. Prison for possession is insane.

Yeah, plus it would help with the overcrowding by removing non-violent offenders.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
29-06-2016, 08:47 PM

Like Heatheness says, they broke the law at the time they were prosecuted (same as what happened with people running alcohol during prohibition). I have friends in the neighboring PD where I used to live, and even as high (smirk) as Lieutenant (the highest level of officer I am acquainted with), they agree it is a lost war. Personally, I believe that the control of the production and cleanliness of weed will actually provide a benefit. Last time we voted, my sons and I joked that legalization of pot would get the state of California out of debt in the first year. If it is taxed like tobacco, we'll be able to secede! Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
30-06-2016, 12:22 PM
(29-06-2016 08:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 03:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I smoked a fair bit back in the day - but don't care for the buzz anymore- and it's kind of a worthless high - all you want to do, is eat and smoke more.................

That was then and now is now. There are some strains now that leave you energized - I love smoking some and getting busy in my garden. I get lots done and enjoy it tons more. Plus the benefit of no aches and pains Smile

A buddy of mine gave me a joint a few years back -- I toked up and watched some movie that I thought would be fun to see stoned...... Didn't like it.....

Thought it might have been weird after not smoking for almost 20 years -- so I repeated it - and smoked the rest a few days later..... Still didn't like it....

Doing without isn't a bit of trouble.....

If I need a buzz - alcohol's fine... For me, alcohol is the perfect party chemical..... Too much, and I just go to sleep.... It's a nice built-in governor...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-06-2016, 12:39 PM
(30-06-2016 12:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 08:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  That was then and now is now. There are some strains now that leave you energized - I love smoking some and getting busy in my garden. I get lots done and enjoy it tons more. Plus the benefit of no aches and pains Smile

A buddy of mine gave me a joint a few years back -- I toked up and watched some movie that I thought would be fun to see stoned...... Didn't like it.....

Thought it might have been weird after not smoking for almost 20 years -- so I repeated it - and smoked the rest a few days later..... Still didn't like it....

If I need a buzz - alcohol's fine... For me, alcohol is the perfect party chemical..... Too much, and I just go to sleep.... It's a nice built-in governor...

Well, the world of weed has changed enormously the last few years. You can go to the store and describe what you want to do with it and how you like it and they will have a strain that works for you. I realized that I didn't know shit about weed anymore, I still don't. And they keep perfecting it, too. Differences in the types of high, energy levels, duration, strength and whatnot. Medical weed has even more options. It's a whole new world.

But yeah, weed is not at all addictive, I can smoke a ton one week and then go for a month without and it's never no mind. You can easily just take it or leave it at any time.

Both weed and alcohol put me to sleep if I have too much - but alcohol gives me hangovers and I hate, hate, hate that. So I drink for a light buzz and for the flavor, but I never ever get drunk. Weed, it depends. Mostly I just use it when I garden, makes it very enjoyable and kills those pesky aches and pains that age brings with it. Sometimes I use it in the evening for a better sleep. Sometimes just to relax or listen to music. It's wonderful for music.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-06-2016, 12:49 PM
(30-06-2016 12:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A buddy of mine gave me a joint a few years back -- I toked up and watched some movie that I thought would be fun to see stoned...... Didn't like it.....

Well, the world of weed has changed enormously the last few years. You can go to the store and describe what you want to do with it and how you like it and they will have a strain that works for you. I realized that I didn't know shit about weed anymore, I still don't. And they keep perfecting it, too. Differences in the types of high, energy levels, duration, strength and whatnot. Medical weed has even more options. It's a whole new world.

But yeah, weed is not at all addictive, I can smoke a ton one week and then go for a month without and it's never no mind. You can easily just take it or leave it at any time.

Both weed and alcohol put me to sleep if I have too much - but alcohol gives me hangovers and I hate, hate, hate that. So I drink for a light buzz and for the flavor, but I never ever get drunk. Weed, it depends. Mostly I just use it when I garden, makes it very enjoyable and kills those pesky aches and pains that age brings with it. Sometimes I use it in the evening for a better sleep. Sometimes just to relax or listen to music. It's wonderful for music.

I used to love getting a buzz and play Space Defenders (dating myself) -- I could play for hours (6 1/2 my record) - without ever getting killed... I'd max out extra lives (99 - if I remember) ----

Needless to say, not a lot else got done.........

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-06-2016, 01:00 PM
(30-06-2016 12:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, the world of weed has changed enormously the last few years. You can go to the store and describe what you want to do with it and how you like it and they will have a strain that works for you. I realized that I didn't know shit about weed anymore, I still don't. And they keep perfecting it, too. Differences in the types of high, energy levels, duration, strength and whatnot. Medical weed has even more options. It's a whole new world.

I used to love getting a buzz and play Space Defenders (dating myself) -- I could play for hours (6 1/2 my record) - without ever getting killed... I'd max out extra lives (99 - if I remember) ----

Needless to say, not a lot else got done.........

heh

Yeah, one activity is usually what it ends up being.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Just came back (actually currently driving back) from Colorado. It was amazing. A bunch of towns have seen their sales tax revenues go up substantially. And their roads are FANTASTIC (I'm in Oklahoma, so take the roads coment with a grain of salt). The small towns with the dispensaries have fresh roads, and we didn't see any significant problems in those areas.

Im hoping this goes through. Go vote!
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
02-07-2016, 03:27 PM
(29-06-2016 08:25 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes, most likely. They are there because they broke the law at the time. But that might spur on some early releases. I hope anyway. Prison for possession is insane.

Yeah, plus it would help with the overcrowding by removing non-violent offenders.

In a for-profit prison, overcrowding isn't a bug, it's a feature. More bodies per square foot is more revenue, and non-violent bodies are easier to subdue.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post