Calling All Animal Lovers!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
19-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Calling All Animal Lovers!!!
Hello,
I am part of a non-profit organization called Loving Lives for All Mistreated Animals (LLAMA). We are attempting to build a no-kill animal shelter in my hometown. We have the location picked out, the building designed, and the staff on standby for when it opens. Here's the catch, though, we don't have enough money. I know that this isn't what we discuss on this forum, but I hope that many of you care about animals as much as I do.

All I'm asking for is a small donation and that you get 3 others to donate. If you donate $5 to our cause and each person you ask donates $5 and so on, we will be able to raise thousands of dollars in a short period of time.

In order to keep this thread from being marked as an advertisement, I will keep the post clear of the donation information until a good number of people wish to donate.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Calling All Animal Lovers!!!
(19-01-2012 01:37 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Hello,
I am part of a non-profit organization called Loving Lives for All Mistreated Animals (LLAMA). We are attempting to build a no-kill animal shelter in my hometown. We have the location picked out, the building designed, and the staff on standby for when it opens. Here's the catch, though, we don't have enough money. I know that this isn't what we discuss on this forum, but I hope that many of you care about animals as much as I do.

All I'm asking for is a small donation and that you get 3 others to donate. If you donate $5 to our cause and each person you ask donates $5 and so on, we will be able to raise thousands of dollars in a short period of time.

In order to keep this thread from being marked as an advertisement, I will keep the post clear of the donation information until a good number of people wish to donate.

A link to info about the organization might help. I'm personally not an animal lover. I have no problems with pointing a 30-06 at a stray animal on my property. But those that are animal lovers will probably want some sort of info on what it is you are doing with the donations.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
19-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I contribute time and finances to an emergency response organization for animals, but if you've got a link, I'd happily pass it on to help out. Like Germanyt said though, first I need lots more info.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-01-2012, 04:49 PM
A quick google search only gives me a facebook page.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
19-01-2012, 05:02 PM
(19-01-2012 04:49 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  A quick google search only gives me a facebook page.

And that page hasn't been updated for nearly six months.

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
19-01-2012, 05:10 PM
(19-01-2012 01:37 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  In order to keep this thread from being marked as an advertisement, I will keep the post clear of the donation information until a good number of people wish to donate.

It might be a good idea to discuss the addition of such a link in the "forum management" section so the occasional bunch of veterans and moderators can act all important over it Big Grin

no srsl
open a topic... Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, our Facebook page flopped and needs to be deleted. I am currently in the process of making the website (have been for a while now) and I will post the link as soon as it's working. What information do people want? We're a new and quite small organization, 10 members, and most of our members are elderly and know almost nothing about computers. Also, we are not recognized as a NPO by the government so there's that hassle.

I've put the general design of the new facility on the site, a record of our fundraising efforts, a quick history of our organization (not much there), and contact information. Anything else?

19-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Alas, without being registered, you are basically asking eveyone to trust you, that you are what you say. I'm not saying you aren't legit, it's just that will be a MAJOR roadblock for any serious fundraising. Personally, I just can't get behind something that I don't know is on the level.

Sorry man. If things change though, definitely let me know. I have some pretty decent connections for that type of thing, and they are throughout North America, and even Europe. (It's suprising how globally people will get behind a local cause!)

19-01-2012, 05:43 PM
(19-01-2012 05:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Alas, without being registered, you are basically asking eveyone to trust you, that you are what you say. I'm not saying you aren't legit, it's just that will be a MAJOR roadblock for any serious fundraising. Personally, I just can't get behind something that I don't know is on the level.

Sorry man. If things change though, definitely let me know. I have some pretty decent connections for that type of thing, and they are throughout North America, and even Europe. (It's suprising how globally people will get behind a local cause!)

Yes, I'm quite aware that no being an official NPO causes difficulties. We've only been around for 18 months or so, though.

19-01-2012, 06:07 PM
This thread may have been better if posted after the creation of the website.
I am in no way saying that it isn't legit or a worthy cause. Nor am I saying the opposite.

I am an animal lover but am also poor. Sorry.

If you get the website up I'd love to spread the link around like the plague.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user