Calling All Animal Lovers!!!
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
19-01-2012, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2012 09:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Calling All Animal Lovers!!!
(19-01-2012 01:37 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Hello,
I am part of a non-profit organization called Loving Lives for All Mistreated Animals (LLAMA). We are attempting to build a no-kill animal shelter in my hometown. We have the location picked out, the building designed, and the staff on standby for when it opens. Here's the catch, though, we don't have enough money.

A no-kill facility seems like a rather ambitious first effort for an upstart organization just trying to get off the ground. Why not start with a Rescue Society? My wife's a member of a Beagle Rescue Society. They have 501©(3) status and there are no facility costs because the members foster the animals in their own homes until they can be placed. I personally hate the damn dogs but the wife loves them so I lose. I do milk the shit out of them at tax time, though. I claim every damn nugget of dog food as a charitable contribution.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-01-2012, 07:41 PM
RE: Calling All Animal Lovers!!!
(19-01-2012 05:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Alas, without being registered, you are basically asking eveyone to trust you, that you are what you say. I'm not saying you aren't legit, it's just that will be a MAJOR roadblock for any serious fundraising. Personally, I just can't get behind something that I don't know is on the level.

Sorry man. If things change though, definitely let me know. I have some pretty decent connections for that type of thing, and they are throughout North America, and even Europe. (It's suprising how globally people will get behind a local cause!)

I totally agree with this.

I do love animals and I donate every month to WSPA.

I would be willing to donate if the above criteria are met Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply