Calling K.C.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Calling K.C.
First of all congratulations on your appointment which may well be unique for an atheist forum. Free thought is rare and perhaps the owners of this website have acted with wisdom.

I have absolutely nothing against you personally other, than my strong feeling against Calvinism, as I understand it, and particularly as expressed by R.L. Dabney.
As I stated once before, if you are genuinely engaged within your faith, go for it, no one has the right to condemn another's religious position, notwithstanding actual harm to others.

From what I have read, you have withstood the sniping and cheap shots of a few and this is commendable, if so, certainly preferable to my tendency in possessing a rather short fuse.

Incidentally, my grandfather was a devout Presbyterian and founder of the Pocket TestamentLeague in Melbourne. Good God, a Calvinist!

I have been encouraged by a rebel Theosophist group to contribute more to their blogs and forums despite my non adherence to Theosophy, so will be spending some additional time there, until I, or they, become pissed off.

God's speed to you and yours; whatever that means.

P.S. Re last parody post; not my usual style nor really intended as an affront to Christians.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: Calling K.C.
Wow... thanks Woof.

Also, I'm glad to see that you're trying something different. It is indeed great for you and for others when you engage in civil, thought provoking banter.

By the way, I'm glad we're are on such a civil level.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
21-08-2012, 04:39 PM
(21-08-2012 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  By the way, I'm glad we're are on such a civil level.
I'm afraid it won't last much longer. Evil_monster

Just kidding, I won't touch this one any further. Carry on.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-08-2012, 04:51 PM
How do you know you've earned some respect?

When even Vosur holds back!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-08-2012, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 06:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-08-2012 03:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  First of all congratulations on your appointment which may well be unique for an atheist forum. Free thought is rare and perhaps the owners of this website have acted with wisdom.

Or, Stark found a janitor who feels that God requires him to clean up this place while we keep partying. Stoner ain't stupid. Big Grin

I'm just teasing you KC, fucker. ... Now go take care of some more of them goddam spam bots. It's Yahweh's will.

(21-08-2012 03:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  P.S. Re last parody post; not my usual style nor really intended as an affront to Christians.

You talking about this one. Hell it was fucking hilarious.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Good to see you Woof...hope you are well. I miss you around here.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-08-2012, 09:40 PM
(21-08-2012 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 03:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  First of all congratulations on your appointment which may well be unique for an atheist forum. Free thought is rare and perhaps the owners of this website have acted with wisdom.

Or, Stark found a janitor who feels that God requires him to clean up this place while we keep partying. Stoner ain't stupid. Big Grin

I'm just teasing you KC, fucker. ... Now go take care of some more of them goddam spam bots. It's Yahweh's will.

(21-08-2012 03:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  P.S. Re last parody post; not my usual style nor really intended as an affront to Christians.

You talking about this one. Hell it was fucking hilarious.

No, the 'He Decreed' one; I later thought it was a bit offensive for Christians who are trying to do their best in a humane sort of way.

Hey Girlie: how can I stop rubbing people up the wrong way. Maybe K.C. could recommend a calming prayer.
21-08-2012, 09:42 PM
(21-08-2012 06:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good to see you Woof...hope you are well. I miss you around here.

Still around a bit Anje; getting too old and grumpy I think. Can never learn not to get sucked in.No