Calling all Christians, Muslims, or Other Theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2013, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 08:27 AM by Skippy538.)
RE: Calling all Christians, Muslims, or Other Theists
HOC

1. Yes, I do. I am an atheist, but since we have people here that like to defend ancient holy books I would like to see what extent they will defend the ridiculous parts of their ancient holy books. There are a number of Christians on here who seem to thinks Christian doctrine is A-OK while Muslim doctrine is horrid. I agree personally that they both suck, but I would like to see a defense of the ideas of their Holy Texts that have been "thought better of" as a result of pressure from modern secular culture. We have addressed slavery and genocide, let's discuss witchcraft. Because the post itself particularly describes a call to theists who lurk here, if a discussion with theists offends you, feel free to ignore it.

2. The article is simply meant as an example of a real-world type of thing that happens all the time. It's not good journalism, but simply intended as a starting point of basic facts to make some assumptions that I listed above. Since I didn't write it, I don't take offense.

Since they are already harassing us on our own website, I would like to see some of them go on the record as to the more ridiculous, and frankly ignored, portions of their doctrine. If that's not your thing, like I said, feel free to move along little doggy.

Cheers mate.

EDIT: Oh and sorry, but Cameron Diaz over your Gwenie all day, every day. Hot AND a great sense of humor, come on!

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2013, 07:13 AM
(12-10-2013 06:52 AM)Skippy538 Wrote:  HOC

1. Yes, I do. I am an atheist, but since we have people here that like to defend ancient holy books I would like to see what extent they will defend the ridiculous parts of their ancient holy books. There are a number of Christians on here who seem to thinks Christian doctrine is A-OK while Muslim doctrine is horrid. I agree personally that they both suck, but I would like to see a defense of the ideas of their Holy Texts that have been "thought better of" as a result of pressure from modern secular culture. We have addressed slavery and genocide, let's discuss witchcraft. Because the post itself particularly describes a call to theists who lurk here, if a discussion with theists offends you, feel free to ignore it.

2. The article is simply meant as an example of a real-world type of thing that happens all the time. It's not good journalism, but simply intended as a starting point of basic facts to make some assumptions that I listed above. Since I didn't write it, I don't take offense.

Since they are already harassing us on our own website, I would like to see some of them go on the record as to the more ridiculous, and frankly ignored, portions of their doctrine. If that's not your thing, like I said, feel free to move along little doggy.

Cheers mate.
I don't think we have christians like that here. I could be wrong idk. Fundamentals probably won't be on an atheist website, they might think they can get a satanic virus or something. The christians here seem to be good natured folk who believe in a god and that helps them. I'm totally fine with that, but if anyone starts trying to change my first amendment rights like the religious right are then yes, I have a problem. Everyone Should, they protect the rights of all religions and us non-believers. I know you guys don't want theocracy like Islamic nations.
But hey maybe you should post on christianchat. You might get a few honest answers before they ban youTongue
12-10-2013, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 10:29 AM by Gaest.)
(12-10-2013 06:23 AM)Skippy538 Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 05:07 AM)Gaest Wrote:  1. Not for being a witch... Were non-biased, secular courts able to prove that she harmed somebody with witchcraft, then ofcause she should be punished accordingly... but erh, don´t think that´s going to happen anytime soon - I´m against the death penalty btw.
Short answer; no.

2. Nope.

Thanks for your answer Gaest. Apparently you are the only theist with the guts to take this on directly. Kudos to you.

Do you care to elucidate on the scriptural basis for your beliefs? Are you a Christian or Muslim?

Cheers. You´re welcome.

Sure. Neither, I´m Asatru (or Germanic polytheist).
Since the thread title included "or Other Theists" I figured it is addressed at me as well.

The "scriptural basis" is complicated to say the least. My religion has an emphasis on attempted reconstruction, but it is also fitted with modern adaptations, adoptions and traditions.
While we have some authoritative, written texts, they are not considered divine handouts (not by most at least), and therefore they are not infallible.
I made at thread for the heck of it some time ago. Some of my perspectives may have changed a little though.

Edit: Examples of such authoritative, written texts could be what are popularly called the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda.
[+] 1 user Likes Gaest's post
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
(12-10-2013 06:52 AM)Skippy538 Wrote:  EDIT: Oh and sorry, but Cameron Diaz over your Gwenie all day, every day. Hot AND a great sense of humor, come on!

Ah, what? You bumped yer head. Tongue

...although Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-10-2013, 03:14 PM
My Response to the question is this.

1. Do one live in a theocracy, or what laws does one heave to obey. Do you have freedom of speech ect.
If no, then one cannot persecute purely on religious grounds.

If yes then there is a possible case, for punishment.

2. Can the person be proven guilty of the crime.

3. In terms of punishment, the catholic church states that capital punishment is only viable if there are no other alternatives. Example capital punishment could be considered viable on a desert island.

4. Can it be proven that the person is causing harm to others. Then that may warrant capital punishment if the above is met.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
14-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Really? No one is going to defend their Bible or Qur'an? Amazing. I guess you really don't believe that book you cling to.

You are officially one step closer to losing your faith. Congrats!

14-10-2013, 05:07 PM
HOC

Seriously? Is there really any comparison? CD baby. All day long. And I don't even like blondes. C'mon!