Calling all WHOVIANS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Calling all WHOVIANS!
As you may have known, I have started writing again, and the subject of my muse is Doctor Who.

I have already gotten a plot to the first chapter, and have detailed the new Doctor I am going to introduce... Though there is one problem.

First, as some of you can gather from my posts, I just suck at English, so I am going to need somebody that is better at the language than me ( just about anybody) to help edit the draft and make it into a presentable work before I present it to you guys.

The second problem is the companion. I have her name, age, occupation( though it is a strange one, but it will make sense in the story), and looks... Unfortunately I have run into a bit of a snag on the personality... I have some traits I want in her, like competitiveness, and such, but it is scarcely enough to make a flat character with only one side to her.

This is where you come in.

Tell me, WHOVIANS, what type of GIRL would you like to travel with the Doctor.

If you want a spec sheet of the Doctor to better make the decision, by all means ask me for one and I will get it up ASAP... Of course I will leave out some information as I like you guys to be surprised...

Btw, don't ask me what the chapter is about... It's a secret Tongue

I eagerly await some advice and input.

EDIT: Mods, Please move this thread to the appropriate section as you see fit.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 08:31 PM
RE: Calling all WHOVIANS!
God damn. I wanna talk about Dr Suess.

[Image: Whoville.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
(10-10-2012 08:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  God damn. I wanna talk about Dr Suess.

Tongue should I change the title?

10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm asking for a spec sheet. Also, if possible, the companions occupation.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
(10-10-2012 08:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 08:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  God damn. I wanna talk about Dr Suess.

Tongue should I change the title?

Nah. Just being a smart ass. I need to start watching Dr. Who. All my friends talk about it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
(10-10-2012 08:37 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'm asking for a spec sheet. Also, if possible, the companions occupation.

Sure...

The companion just got her first job as a student teacher at an Academy for Geniuses... While she is young... For some strange reason, the school accepted her application... After an IQ Test.Tongue

The spec sheet will come... If only I can find the paper in which I wrote it on

10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
(10-10-2012 08:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 08:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Tongue should I change the title?

Nah. Just being a smart ass. I need to start watching Dr. Who. All my friends talk about it.

It's good, good enough to get me thinking about my own storylines for the show.

10-10-2012, 08:40 PM
(10-10-2012 08:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 08:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Tongue should I change the title?

That was great, btw. I think I got bit by the Seuss bug.

BUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYYY!!! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 09:13 PM by Atothetheist.)
This is not set in stone, but rather an "Almost sure I am going to go with this" Spec sheet.

Name: The Doctor AKA "John Smith"
His presumed age:?? Tongue it's a surprise!

First Appearance: School's out.( Name for the first Chapter.)
Last Appearance: unknown as of yet.

Looks: Brown messy hair, lanky, glasses(fake), and disheveled. He is white. At first he decides to wear a ***** ****** ( would give away to much) , but after that gets ripped to high heaven, he decides to get some new clothes that the author still hasn't decided on.

Personality: He is a bit impatient on certain things, and hates to explain things he dubs as "Simple enough a baby would get it!" He often is a hypocrite, but in a funny and good natured type of way. He is quirky and strange, especially because he likes to talk to his TARDIS and his sonic screwdriver, often blaming the screwdriver for his faults, and he tries to justify his faults whenever possible by using some of the most silliest arguments to make sure he "wins." He doesn't seem to care as much for humanity as some of his past selves, but he still retains his love for human resourcefulness. He often employs sarcasm to chastise his companions, and he is often mildly annoyed when nobody quite understands what he is saying. Whenever somebody else does something impressive or noteworthy he will either make a remark about how much better he could have done it, or he will try to "one-up" the person by stating some of his accomplishments. He is very competitive and likes to think he is awesome.

His heroes are two of his past versions: the Tenth and the Nineth, and defends his position by stating "Who wouldn't consider me a hero?"

He tries to be funny, but when he does, it comes out as being cheesy or just incredibly awkward.

(The Doctor is funny without even needing to try, but I made him think he needs to try.)

Basically that is all I have.

I am editing this as too, seeing as I couldn't put into words some of the things I included into his personality without revealing some dialogue from the companion to the Doctor, which is going to be kept a secret.

10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
(10-10-2012 09:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This is not set in stone, but rather an "Almost sure I am going to go with this" Spec sheet.

Name: The Doctor AKA "John Smith"
His presumed age:?? Tongue it's a surprise!

First Appearance: School's out.( Name for the first Chapter.)
Last Appearance: unknown as of yet.

Looks: Brown messy hair, lanky, glasses(fake), and disheveled. He is white. At first he decides to wear a ***** ****** ( would give away to much) , but after that gets ripped to high heaven, he decides to get some new clothes that the author still hasn't decided on.

Personality: He is a bit impatient on certain things, and hates to explain things he dubs as "Simple enough a baby would get it!" He often is a hypocrite, but in a funny and good natured type of way. He is quirky and strange, especially because he likes to talk to his TARDIS and his sonic screwdriver, often blaming the screwdriver for his faults, and he tries to justify his faults whenever possible by using some of the most silliest arguments to make sure he "wins." He doesn't seem to care as much for humanity as some of his past selves, but he still retains his love for human resourcefulness. He often employs sarcasm to chastise his companions, and he is often mildly annoyed when nobody quite understands what he is saying. Whenever somebody else does something impressive or noteworthy he will either make a remark about how much better he could have done it, or he will try to "one-up" the person by stating some of his accomplishments. He is very competitive and likes to think he is awesome.

His heroes are two of his past versions: the Tenth and the Nineth, and defends his position by stating "Who wouldn't consider me a hero?"

He tries to be funny, but when he does, it comes out as being cheesy or just incredibly awkward.

(The Doctor is funny without even needing to try, but I made him think he needs to try.)

Basically that is all I have.

I am editing this as too, seeing as I couldn't put into words some of the things I included into his personality without revealing some dialogue from the companion to the Doctor, which is going to be kept a secret.

Aside from the physical description of lanky and fake glasses you have just described....
[Image: 7107_2.jpg]

And the female character could easily be Dr. Masters from the later seasons or maybe just the last season
[Image: dr-masters-house-have-aspergers.jpg]