Calling all WHOVIANS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Calling all WHOVIANS!
(10-10-2012 09:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  This is not set in stone, but rather an "Almost sure I am going to go with this" Spec sheet.

Name: The Doctor AKA "John Smith"
His presumed age:?? Tongue it's a surprise!

First Appearance: School's out.( Name for the first Chapter.)
Last Appearance: unknown as of yet.

Looks: Brown messy hair, lanky, glasses(fake), and disheveled. He is white. At first he decides to wear a ***** ****** ( would give away to much) , but after that gets ripped to high heaven, he decides to get some new clothes that the author still hasn't decided on.

Personality: He is a bit impatient on certain things, and hates to explain things he dubs as "Simple enough a baby would get it!" He often is a hypocrite, but in a funny and good natured type of way. He is quirky and strange, especially because he likes to talk to his TARDIS and his sonic screwdriver, often blaming the screwdriver for his faults, and he tries to justify his faults whenever possible by using some of the most silliest arguments to make sure he "wins." He doesn't seem to care as much for humanity as some of his past selves, but he still retains his love for human resourcefulness. He often employs sarcasm to chastise his companions, and he is often mildly annoyed when nobody quite understands what he is saying. Whenever somebody else does something impressive or noteworthy he will either make a remark about how much better he could have done it, or he will try to "one-up" the person by stating some of his accomplishments. He is very competitive and likes to think he is awesome.

His heroes are two of his past versions: the Tenth and the Nineth, and defends his position by stating "Who wouldn't consider me a hero?"

He tries to be funny, but when he does, it comes out as being cheesy or just incredibly awkward.

(The Doctor is funny without even needing to try, but I made him think he needs to try.)

Basically that is all I have.

I am editing this as too, seeing as I couldn't put into words some of the things I included into his personality without revealing some dialogue from the companion to the Doctor, which is going to be kept a secret.

Aside from the physical description of lanky and fake glasses you have just described....
[Image: 7107_2.jpg]

And the female character could easily be Dr. Masters from the later seasons or maybe just the last season
[Image: dr-masters-house-have-aspergers.jpg]

The Doctor is... Younger than that in my mind, and his methods aren't as cynical, but more of frustration.... Wait a minute...

House is like my Doctor?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Okay. For the companion:

Name: Grace Paddington

Looks: straight red hair, slim shapely build, 5'3", and wears clothes fitting to her profession.

Personality: She's smart and she knows it, and doesn't like to be told she's a child, though she's known to get lost from time to time. She's stubborn and won't budge until she's heard out. She makes silly jokes when she's nervous, and doesn't handle stressful situations very gracefully, but when she needs to get out of a sticky situation, she'll follow a plan. If the plan isn't her's, she'll deviate, but keep as close to the original as possible. She hates her boss with a passion, but loves her job. She's good at it, too. She's open-minded, but skeptic of the world around her. She tries to see the good in people unless she deems them a threat. Her phobias include heights, planes and spiders.

Her heroes: Amelia Mary Earhart

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
(10-10-2012 09:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  [Image: dr-masters-house-have-aspergers.jpg]

LOL - I didn't even see this until I posted my previous reply. Big Grin

10-10-2012, 09:32 PM
(10-10-2012 09:30 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Okay. For the companion:

Name: Grace Paddington

Looks: straight red hair, slim shapely build, 5'3", and wears clothes fitting to her profession.

Personality: She's smart and she knows it, and doesn't like to be told she's a child, though she's known to get lost from time to time. She's stubborn and won't budge until she's heard out. She makes silly jokes when she's nervous, and doesn't handle stressful situations very gracefully, but when she needs to get out of a sticky situation, she'll follow a plan. If the plan isn't her's, she'll deviate, but keep as close to the original as possible. She hates her boss with a passion, but loves her job. She's good at it, too. She's open-minded, but skeptic of the world around her. She tries to see the good in people unless she deems them a threat. Her phobias include heights, planes and spiders.

Her heroes: Amelia Mary Earhart

Hahaha! I already have a name in mind: Claire Blake...

I like the personality, but the red hair is a no go... Reminds me of the last companion, seeing as I didn't think much of Amelia Pond, I think I would rather go with Blonde or Bruenette.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
10-10-2012, 09:35 PM
(10-10-2012 09:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  [Image: dr-masters-house-have-aspergers.jpg]

LOL - I didn't even see this until I posted my previous reply. Big Grin

Yeah, I'm a prophet. No big deal, just something I do for shits and gigs. You're welcome world.

10-10-2012, 09:35 PM
No red heads...Tongue

10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
(10-10-2012 09:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 09:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  LOL - I didn't even see this until I posted my previous reply. Big Grin

Yeah, I'm a prophet. No big deal, just something I do for shits and gigs. You're welcome world.

We thank you for your contribution.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
11-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I think blonde or brunette could work.

I'd like a companion who is very clever and capable but hasn't quite realised it yet. I think that's more realistic. After all, she's about to get thrown into a bunch of adventures on other planets alongside an alien. I think when other companions have been in that situation and been confident and cocky from the outset it just comes across as stupid and makes me want them to die (looking at you Donna and Amy). I think it works better if the companion begins of a little nervy and unsure given the situation and progressively comes out of their shell. They should never reach the same level as the Doctor though, then it just detracts from him whilst appearing stupid and unrealistic (looking at you River). Also, she should not bring her fucking boyfriend along (yeah, fuck you Amy and Rory)!

On the actual plots I'd like to see it stop aiming to be as over the top spectacular as recent series. It doesn't have to be about the end of the universe all the time (or ever apart from very special occasions). Most of the first few series were about danger to a small group of people, that works better for me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.