RE: Calling in the Experts
Carbonite
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-06-2015, 12:03 AM
(04-06-2015 08:53 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 08:21 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  On another forum I frequent a thread took a churchy turn and I made a tongue in cheeck remark about the crucifixion story being a fable.

One poster was obviously irritated by the remark and made a claim that the apostle Paul was a Roman tax collector at the time. I replied that I had never heard that and asked him to point me in the direction of such reading material.

The religion topic is taboo on this board and I have a lot of respect for this poster and many other regulars (I have met many of them), so I don't want to be a bull in a China shop on this, but I've never heard that about Paul.

Any of our local experts have any thoughts here about a respectful rebuttal?

I guess I'm not seeing what his being a tax collector has any bearing in regards to Jesus' crucifixion.

Clearly, the moral is that the IRS will crucify you.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-06-2015, 04:04 PM
(04-06-2015 09:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 08:53 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I guess I'm not seeing what his being a tax collector has any bearing in regards to Jesus' crucifixion.

(04-06-2015 08:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I'm not sure I understand that part either?

Come on you two, it all adds up.

(Paul + Josephus - Satan + fish - Fe chariots + log(10)prayer)/(figs + demons - 1/gays + grace^7) = crucifixion

It's just that simple.
Ah, see, when I was doing the math I didn't carry the fig. Thanks for that.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
05-06-2015, 04:07 PM
(05-06-2015 04:04 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 09:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Come on you two, it all adds up.

(Paul + Josephus - Satan + fish - Fe chariots + log(10)prayer)/(figs + demons - 1/gays + grace^7) = crucifixion

It's just that simple.
Ah, see, when I was doing the math I didn't carry the fig. Thanks for that.

Classic mistake Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post